or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › JULY IVF Cyclers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JULY IVF Cyclers. - Page 9

post #161 of 270
Hope, I am so, so sorry Please take good care of yourself.
post #162 of 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post


BFN
I am so sorry. I know how devastating and sad it is. Be kind to yourself. You are in my thoughts
post #163 of 270
Hope- I am truly sorry to hear your news. You have been so supportive to each of us, know that we are here for you whenever you need us.
post #164 of 270
I did something really stupid yesterday. Since my dh was leaving this morning and I was so dang sure that it worked, I decided to POAS, with the hopes of telling him before he left. It, of course, was . I'm so mad at myself. Please tell me that it was too early at 11 days post ER or 6 days post ET. Now I've lost the beaultiful bubble I was in during the TWW and I still have until tuesday for my beta. So, I'm not just emotional about missing my dh, but now I'm woried about the result.
post #165 of 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I did something really stupid yesterday. Since my dh was leaving this morning and I was so dang sure that it worked, I decided to POAS, with the hopes of telling him before he left. It, of course, was . I'm so mad at myself. Please tell me that it was too early at 11 days post ER or 6 days post ET. Now I've lost the beaultiful bubble I was in during the TWW and I still have until tuesday for my beta. So, I'm not just emotional about missing my dh, but now I'm woried about the result.
I think your testing to early. At 6 days past transfer I think the embryo(s) would of just implanted and are just starting to make hcg.

For my ivf's the beta has been 2 weeks after the et. So hang in there, keep busy and hide the sticks
post #166 of 270
Julia'sMom: I agree. I think it is too early for an HPT! Seedlings is right, hide those sticks!!! I know how hard it is to resist and I will probably need your support NOT to test when I get there!
post #167 of 270
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I did something really stupid yesterday. Since my dh was leaving this morning and I was so dang sure that it worked, I decided to POAS, with the hopes of telling him before he left. It, of course, was . I'm so mad at myself. Please tell me that it was too early at 11 days post ER or 6 days post ET. Now I've lost the beaultiful bubble I was in during the TWW and I still have until tuesday for my beta. So, I'm not just emotional about missing my dh, but now I'm woried about the result.
Don't beat yourself up hon, it IS too early. Breathe and be good to yourself.


My ET ended up being today and we DID transfer two embryos after all. : The clinic called at 8:30 and asked if we could be there for 9:30. In order to wait and do a day 5 SET, they want to see at least 5 or 6 embies meeting certain criteria, and as of this am only 2 were good enough (8 cell B+ and A-), so they transferred both. Even though day 3 is totally normal, I was so convinced that we weren't going until Monday, so it was a bit of a schmoozle getting out the door. My dd caught the panic vibe and started following me around shoving my shoes in my face, so helpful !!! As of now, I feel pretty good, I kind of wanted to transfer two anyway. I am reassured too because we have a lot of embryos frozen already. They are letting a few go to day 5 or 6 and they will be frozen too if they make it. But as we all know, the 2ww is loooooooong. Glad I went for acupuncture right after, it made me all relaxed. Although taking the progesterone orally this am made me so sleepy, I could use it for a sleeping pill if I needed to.
post #168 of 270
Crazyrunningmama: Congrats on the ET! Bring on the 2ww! : I can just picture your daughter following you around with your shoes! LOL!
post #169 of 270
My estrogen is 5240. No transfer anytime soon for me. I am taking the HCG shot tonight and my retrieval is Tuesday morning. They will ICSI the eggs and then freeze them the next day. Then I will get a period in about 2 weeks after and then I have to wait out a whole cycle until I get AF again (which who knows when that will be my cycles are so messed up). Then more Lupron to prepare for a frozen transfer.

I am worried the embryos won't wake up after being frozen. Fresh cycles have much better odds. Tuesday is supposed to be an exciting day but now it's just sad. I just don't have a good feeling at all anymore.
post #170 of 270
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
My estrogen is 5240. No transfer anytime soon for me. I am taking the HCG shot tonight and my retrieval is Tuesday morning. They will ICSI the eggs and then freeze them the next day. Then I will get a period in about 2 weeks after and then I have to wait out a whole cycle until I get AF again (which who knows when that will be my cycles are so messed up). Then more Lupron to prepare for a frozen transfer.

I am worried the embryos won't wake up after being frozen. Fresh cycles have much better odds. Tuesday is supposed to be an exciting day but now it's just sad. I just don't have a good feeling at all anymore.
I am so sorry! That just sucks! My cycle was so close to going that way, I was really worried. You have to take care of yourself first though. And I reassured myself that it was a FET that gave us our dd, they can work out.
post #171 of 270
crazyrunningmama - Yeah for ET! Please remember to still take it easy. It wasn't a problem to remember after ER when I was sore, but it's much harder for me to pay attention now that I'm feeling back to normal.

Sri Rahda - I'm sorry the ET won't be this cycle. At my clinic, they give the same odds for a FET as for a fresh, so maybe it's not such a big difference. Also, I don't know if you've been following the July Infertility Thread, but Baturay had the same situation, a ER then had to wait a cycle for a FET due to OHHS. Well...she's now pregnant with twins. Keep your hopes up. . .
post #172 of 270
I have been so out of touch, so much preperation going on!!

Hope4light I am SO SO SO sorry *hugs* and I am surprised too. For some reason I just had a VERY strong feeling that you were going to be pregnant this cycle. I hope that you will be very soon!

Sri Radha I'm very sorry that you won't be able to transfer fresh this cycle. But I have also heard very good odds on frozen. And in my research I have learned that pronuclei stage embryos freeze and thaw better than any other time, so I think you still stand a great chance of it working very soon!!

I am on day 12 now. I had an ultrasound done on day 9 and they said I had 14 follies on the right and 17 on the left. Is that a lot? My ovaries sure feel like it's a lot!!!

My estrogen was at 1300 and they were hoping for it to be around 1000. So they had me reduce my follistim to 150 from 225. Today they said I will take the lupron trigger at 6am tomorrow, and collect the eggs at 6pm Tuesday night!

I am excited and scared. How much does egg retrieval really hurt? They said they give some pain meds for during but none for after. I'm pretty nervous about it.

I better go now cause I am late taking tonight's shot hehe. I'll be glad for a break for a couple days!
post #173 of 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
I am worried the embryos won't wake up after being frozen. Fresh cycles have much better odds. Tuesday is supposed to be an exciting day but now it's just sad. I just don't have a good feeling at all anymore.
So sorry to hear your news Sri If it's any comfort I know two people who had to do frozen cycles and one is now pregnant and the other has a son. I've heard that some women do better on a frozen cycle - less hormonal chaos going on. Take good care of yourself.
post #174 of 270
airmide - Welcome back! It is getting so close for you as well. Don't worry too much about the ER. It seems to vary a lot from women to women. From what I understand, I was an unusual case with the amount of discomfort/pain I was in. The other lady in the recovery room just woke up, had a long discussion with the nurse about a book and then walked out of there like nothing happened. Just be sure to take it easy afterwards to allow yourself time to heal. Oh, they said I could take tylenol and even gave me a prescription for tylenol & codeine for after the ER. I didn't use it since maximum strength tylenol seemed to be enough.

NicoleMarieLG - Good luck on your beta! I'll be thinking of you today.

LisaG - Thanks for the advice a while ago about giving myself the PIO shots. It really isn't that hard and you're right about the mirror being a great help.

OK, my concentration today is completely shot. I just keep thinking that tomorrow is the day. I'll either be ecstatic or crushed. Also, it seems the PIO shots tend to make sleeping hard for me. Each night after I take the shot, I tend to lie in bed for a long time before falling asleep. Then, of course, I'm really tired during the day. Anyone else have this issue? I wonder if I should have tried taking the shots earlier, like 7pm instead of 10pm.
post #175 of 270
Hi ladies,

I've been reading all of your posts over the last few weeks and I am amazed at how wonderful you all are to everyone here. My dh and I are thinking about IVF in the Fall and I feel sooooo much better knowing that no matter what happens down that emotional road, I have you all to help me out, lift me up and make me smile. The world needs more people like you all and I wish you all a BFP very soon because all of you will be awesome mothers.

post #176 of 270
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post

I am on day 12 now. I had an ultrasound done on day 9 and they said I had 14 follies on the right and 17 on the left. Is that a lot? My ovaries sure feel like it's a lot!!!

My estrogen was at 1300 and they were hoping for it to be around 1000. So they had me reduce my follistim to 150 from 225. Today they said I will take the lupron trigger at 6am tomorrow, and collect the eggs at 6pm Tuesday night!

I am excited and scared. How much does egg retrieval really hurt? They said they give some pain meds for during but none for after. I'm pretty nervous about it.

I better go now cause I am late taking tonight's shot hehe. I'll be glad for a break for a couple days!
14+17 follies is a great number! They don't always get an egg from each follicle, but your numbers are great regardless. Good luck with ER. I just went through my second ER, and it was WAY better than the first one. My clinic doesn't use general anesthetic, just local and an IV with sedative/painkiller. This time was better because the RE was more reassuring, I did lots of calming breathing, and the nurse gave me the max dose of IV drugs at the beginning rather than doling it out. Oh, and the Adavan they gave me beforehand helped a bit too

Ask if they give you a heating pad or take your own to put on your belly before and after, that helped a lot. I did that at home later in the day as well. And find out what you can use for pain afterwards and make sure you already have some at home. My clinic says to use extra strength Tylenol and to take 2 every 4 hours on the first day, then see how you feel. And take it easy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
OK, my concentration today is completely shot. I just keep thinking that tomorrow is the day. I'll either be ecstatic or crushed. Also, it seems the PIO shots tend to make sleeping hard for me. Each night after I take the shot, I tend to lie in bed for a long time before falling asleep. Then, of course, I'm really tired during the day. Anyone else have this issue? I wonder if I should have tried taking the shots earlier, like 7pm instead of 10pm.
: for tomorrow.
That sucks about the sleeping. I had the opposite problem. I am using progesterone suppositories. One of the nurses said that you can take them orally but some women find it makes them a bit sleepy or dizzy. On the morning of the ET, you have to take them orally and it was like I had taken a pile of sleeping pills, it hit me like a slughammer about 4-5 hours later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfriend View Post
Hi ladies,

I've been reading all of your posts over the last few weeks and I am amazed at how wonderful you all are to everyone here. My dh and I are thinking about IVF in the Fall and I feel sooooo much better knowing that no matter what happens down that emotional road, I have you all to help me out, lift me up and make me smile. The world needs more people like you all and I wish you all a BFP very soon because all of you will be awesome mothers.

Well, to you pinkfriend!! Welcome and good luck with your cycle when the time comes.
post #177 of 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfriend View Post
Hi ladies,

I've been reading all of your posts over the last few weeks and I am amazed at how wonderful you all are to everyone here. My dh and I are thinking about IVF in the Fall and I feel sooooo much better knowing that no matter what happens down that emotional road, I have you all to help me out, lift me up and make me smile. The world needs more people like you all and I wish you all a BFP very soon because all of you will be awesome mothers.

and thanks! I agree that these ladies have been truly wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
That sucks about the sleeping. I had the opposite problem. I am using progesterone suppositories. One of the nurses said that you can take them orally but some women find it makes them a bit sleepy or dizzy. On the morning of the ET, you have to take them orally and it was like I had taken a pile of sleeping pills, it hit me like a slughammer about 4-5 hours later.
Maybe that's it! I take the suppositories in the morning and it's a couple hours later that my energy just crashes. No problem when I'm home and can nap, but at work it's horrible. Oh well, it's all worth it for a little baby.
post #178 of 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
14+17 follies is a great number! They don't always get an egg from each follicle, but your numbers are great regardless. Good luck with ER. I just went through my second ER, and it was WAY better than the first one. My clinic doesn't use general anesthetic, just local and an IV with sedative/painkiller. This time was better because the RE was more reassuring, I did lots of calming breathing, and the nurse gave me the max dose of IV drugs at the beginning rather than doling it out. Oh, and the Adavan they gave me beforehand helped a bit too

Ask if they give you a heating pad or take your own to put on your belly before and after, that helped a lot. I did that at home later in the day as well. And find out what you can use for pain afterwards and make sure you already have some at home. My clinic says to use extra strength Tylenol and to take 2 every 4 hours on the first day, then see how you feel. And take it easy!!!!
.
You know, I think I had some percocet but left it home, argh! I thought I rememebered reading some studies saying that tylenol even before implantation can increase the risks of miscarriage. But maybe I am remembering wrong and in fact it interferes with ovulation. In which case, who cares? lol...since they are doing all that for us anyway. I heard that my doc gives IV meds (demerol, which I'm a little nervous about since when I had it in the hospital once it actually made my pain *worse*) and some other stuff for the ER. But nothing for after.

I have been using hot water bottles and taking baths every day. I read that it can help to keep warm before ER. And where we are staying there is a nice whirlpool tub so I am making as much use of that as I can.

I do gotta say though, I am starting to get really irritated that the owner of our bed and breakfast seemed really nice at first but now seems very high strung, plus we are in a new cabin which we were told was all ready except for the trim work. We get there and guess what, hardly ANYTHING works! We got most of it fixed but the internet is still down! I am using it at the main lodge which works fairly ok, except that if more people check in there won't be any bathrooms for me to use lol cause they are all private connected to rooms, and attempting to drink over a gallon of water a day, there is no way I'm going long without a bathroom! lol.

Edited: Oh also I meant to say, I have been on bioidentical progesterone before, just 100mg. I was told that it is known for making you very sleepy, even fatigued. I didn't have too much of a problem with it that I remember but I think was a little more sleepy/mellow.
post #179 of 270
Julia's Mom ~ : for a bfp for you tomorow.
post #180 of 270
Julia's Mom, any update?

I had my ER today. They got 26 eggs! I am sure they are not all mature. I will find out tomorrow afternoon how many fertilized and made it to freeze. It will be 3 months until I get to use any of them but I have reached acceptance now.

I am still spaced out and crampy. The procedure went well and I love the staff at my clinic. They are amazing.

More later. I hope you are all doing well!!!! :
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › JULY IVF Cyclers.