or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Playgroup in Tucson - Page 114

post #2261 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
i dont think they are okay at all, but I think every state should be like arizona....

you have to do yearly reports, portfolios, there are required number of hours and days, there are regulations on who can teach and although I met the criteria, I do not believe that you need to be college educated or certified in any way to homeschool your kid.

In washington, there are yearly tests. Oregon is a little better, but there are still standardized tests required.
That's not what my memory was. Maybe I remembered wrong or got faulty info. I thought both were similar to AZ.
post #2262 of 2509
i got the info here.

wa and or

honestly, i was shocked! i just figured they would be similar...
post #2263 of 2509
I guess my memory was not working here. I think when I was first considering homeschool I was planning on doing a curriculum, so testing wouldn't have mattered to me. Now with unschooling I have different ideas.
post #2264 of 2509
I guess I'm late on the mud thing, was it today? Without my laptop I'm so lost.

We tried to go last year. The line was insanely long to get in. We stood there for an hour only to get up to the front and find that Nic couldn't wear his crocs in. It sounds like an absolute blast though!

I'd rather have Texas' homeschool laws but ours are perfectly doable.

I'm going to go look up the wilcox thing and see if I can convince Bo to go...
post #2265 of 2509
Back from the mud! It went well for us because we didn't do the formal mud activities. The line was sooo long and I knew C would not stand there with me... plus all of the fun-looking mud stuff was for older kids. But the fire-hose spray was open to all, and resulted in a big canal of mud for all to play in, even in (gasp) open-toed shoes!!! Carter didn't really want to get in, but we had fun watching everybody and getting splashed.

Then we went to the zoo for a few minutes and rode home. I had such a fun morning with my little man. Rob is at a watershed workshop so it was a mom-son morning. i love those! :

Now I have to rearrange the living room furniture because C has learned how to climb up to the CD player and put CDs in. The problem is that the only CD he wants to play is "toddler songs from crayola" which is a bunch of creepy-sounding kids singing. What is it about children singing that is kinda... scary?

Mamas, I have decided to return the formula samples to UMC on Monday w/ a letter about why I think they shouldn't hand out formula marketing materials. If you have any good stats/info you think the letter should include, please let me know.
post #2266 of 2509
This thread is over a year old, so is there a regular play date you do already? Maybe I already know some of you, just don't know your mothering monikers!
We went to the mud puddle today, the timing was great, when we got there we barely had to wait in line. We brought all the kids from the little complex where we live and it was deliciously fun (well, actually, I did get mud in my mouth, and that was not delicious). A friend of mine said I should post here to let people know we have a 2 bed 2 bath open - we live here, there's a pool, dual cooling, a play area, grill and picnic area, private yard and patio. So if you know anyone looking for a good place...
post #2267 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunma View Post
This thread is over a year old, so is there a regular play date you do already? Maybe I already know some of you, just don't know your mothering monikers!
We went to the mud puddle today, the timing was great, when we got there we barely had to wait in line. We brought all the kids from the little complex where we live and it was deliciously fun (well, actually, I did get mud in my mouth, and that was not delicious). A friend of mine said I should post here to let people know we have a 2 bed 2 bath open - we live here, there's a pool, dual cooling, a play area, grill and picnic area, private yard and patio. So if you know anyone looking for a good place...

we kinda try to meet up every thursday... but we all mostly post here to meet up at other times.

We went to willcox today and it was a blast- we got so muchproduce for so cheap. but if you are oging to pick your own- bring an umbrella- seriously, the sun was sooo intense and hats just werent cutting it!
post #2268 of 2509
Where and when do you meet on Thursdays?
Did you go to Apple Annies in Wilcox or elsewhere?
post #2269 of 2509
Oh geez, Alina will absolutely not stop knocking over her brother today. I'm going a little crazy. Anyone want her? She's half price today. Haha ok I feel better now.
post #2270 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Oh geez, Alina will absolutely not stop knocking over her brother today. I'm going a little crazy. Anyone want her? She's half price today. Haha ok I feel better now.
While I was downstairs putting away groceries (wow, can you believe I actually did THAT?) Anyway, I heard this banging noise. I went upstairs and my guy had his plastic golfclub and he was beating the side of the hutch my husband restored. Kind of reminded me of riots I've seen on TV.

THEN, I'm in the kitchen putting more stuff away and I turn and see him shaking the baby--her head was going back and forth. Can you say "Shaken Baby Syndrome." (which I have seen and it ain't pretty.)

So, sounds like he and Alina are in tune with each other today. Maybe we should swap. They'd certainly be good as gold if we did that.
post #2271 of 2509
The only pools that are open with a baby pool are Ft. Lowell pool (Glenn and Craycroft) and Archer (La Cholla south of Star Pass.) They open at 1 M-TH. On M and W Ft. Lowell has daycare kids there until about 3.

So, would anyone like to go swimming at Ft. Lowell on Tues and/or Thursday at 1?

Also, is anyone interested in coming over for a playdate on Wed. in our "foam room." Can't have too many kids since the room is small, but they can have fun.
post #2272 of 2509
I'm thinking about going to the Children's Museum today. It would be after the baby's nap, whenever that is. Anyone want to go?

I have a cold so who knows what I'll actually end up doing.
post #2273 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysmama View Post

Also, is anyone interested in coming over for a playdate on Wed. in our "foam room." Can't have too many kids since the room is small, but they can have fun.
a foam room playdate on wednesday sounds fun! i'm working in the morning but could come over anytime in the afternoon.
post #2274 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtdubb View Post
a foam room playdate on wednesday sounds fun! i'm working in the morning but could come over anytime in the afternoon.
That's great. IF my guy is going to nap, it's towards the end of the afternoon, so earlier is better. What time works for you? And, if you remember, can you bring me my signing dvd.
post #2275 of 2509
Anyone want to come over this Sunday? It is Aurin's birthday so a good excuse for a get together
post #2276 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Anyone want to come over this Sunday? It is Aurin's birthday so a good excuse for a get together
yes! we would! then we can bring both of them presents!!!

:::

We are still sharing a car and I am still unpredictable about getting up in time to drive the man to work... but I am thinking I may be "in town" tomorrow.

Pam- we will be in phoenix on friday... any chance you will be up there? I doubt it since its so hot... but was thinking of going to the kids museum up there...
post #2277 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
Pam- we will be in phoenix on friday... any chance you will be up there? I doubt it since its so hot... but was thinking of going to the kids museum up there...
Monday is the baby's birthday. I'd love to celebrate it on the road. There is the possibility we will be going to LA this weekend for my husband's work which would mean we celebrate her birthday in California. If that happens, we MIGHT be in Phoenix on Friday. It all just depends on logistics.

A year ago today I had not sent letters to obstetrician's trying to get matched with a baby. I did that on Aurin's birthday. (Though, of course, I didn't realize it back then.) And five days later we got our baby. So amazing.
post #2278 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysmama View Post
And five days later we got our baby. So amazing.

that is amazing. everytime I think about it.... it gives me chills.
post #2279 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Anyone want to come over this Sunday? It is Aurin's birthday so a good excuse for a get together
Ya!

Quote:
We are still sharing a car and I am still unpredictable about getting up in time to drive the man to work... but I am thinking I may be "in town" tomorrow.
Post or call if you're in town tomorrow and maybe C and I can meet ya'll somewhere! We're going to clean my mom's house is the morning, but no afternoon plans so far.

Pam, re: Wednesday-- C is usually up from his nap around 1-2. I can call you then and see if it works out with naps in your house.
post #2280 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtdubb View Post
pam, re: Wednesday-- c is usually up from his nap around 1-2. I can call you then and see if it works out with naps in your house.
ok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Utah, Arizona