or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Playgroup in Tucson - Page 124

post #2461 of 2509
i'm not sure how long it will take me to talk to the people there but that would be cutting it close and not fair to either of us if i needed to be there longer. thanks for the thought though.

i'm SO ready to send my kids to preschool! they are just at each others throats and unhappy. it doesn't help that they can sense my stress and hardships but have no idea why nor is there any type of "normal" around here. Some days we stay home, some days its grocery shopping, some days its incredibly boring doing errands. they NEED that interaction desperatly and although Ayla will be getting it very soon (preschool 3 days/wk) i am struggling to find anything for ethan. headstart won't take us because they are full AND the income requirements, i can't afford any preschools and charter schools aren't even close to the house but also are full for kindy. if you can avoid having a child after aug 31st i highly advise it :

as far as prenatal care; i feel guilty using dh's insurance even though it doens't cost him a dime. we both know we aren't together and are really getting divorced. i feel like i should ask permission or something. i haven't been called about my application for govt assistance yet either....
post #2462 of 2509
Danielle, I can absolutely watch them. You can drop them off at my house at Grant and Campbell and then we can go have some fun all together afterwards if you want. I'll pm you my stuff.
post #2463 of 2509
We're on our way to the zoo if anyone wants to join us. I think most people have my cell number. Give me a call if you can join us. Or just search us out if you don't have my cell.
post #2464 of 2509
OK ladies, when shall we do this swap thing? I've got a mega pile building up...
post #2465 of 2509
Pam, Rob took C to the zoo this morning or I would meet you!

Becca and Danielle, let me know if you need extra hands in the morning or if you want extra company later in the day.
post #2466 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
OK ladies, when shall we do this swap thing? I've got a mega pile building up...

serious.

we leave for a week long road trip on sept 25 and when we get back on oct 1 we will have THREE families (10 additional bodies ahhhhhh) sTAying with us for 3 or 4 days and i need every available inch.....


so when is a good time? lets dump our stuff on each other
post #2467 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
serious.

we leave for a week long road trip on sept 25 and when we get back on oct 1 we will have THREE families (10 additional bodies ahhhhhh) sTAying with us for 3 or 4 days and i need every available inch.....


so when is a good time? lets dump our stuff on each other
you are a crazy lady! where you goin?

i'm good with any m,w,f,sa, or su evening...
post #2468 of 2509
we are going up to colorado to boulder for a couple days and then going to new mexico to meet up with some friends and then caravaning back to tucson and then all caravaning down to apple annies to get mad produce and then coming back here to have a good old canning party.


of course all ya'll are welcomed- i lovvvvee a full house.
post #2469 of 2509
sounds awesome, keep us posted on the canning party!
post #2470 of 2509
so how does later this week or this week look for everyone?

does anyone want to kick it on teh eastside or shoudl we pick somewhere central?
post #2471 of 2509
...
post #2472 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
so how does later this week or this week look for everyone?

does anyone want to kick it on teh eastside or shoudl we pick somewhere central?
Later this week should work well for me... I just have to confirm with Rob I can use the car, but as he's always up for biking that shouldn't be a problem.

What kind of stuff do you gals have to swap? Mostly clothes? I've got to go through our stuff--- we've had a tremendously bad sleep week so far (and its only tuesday, sigh), so I'm pretty out of it.

We're also planning a big trip to Apple Annies soon--Carter pretty much always wants to eat apple sauce, so we want to can a ton of it!

And one more thing-- can you ladies give me your opinions on getting the flu vaccine--either the regular one or H1N1? Esp. in pregnancy? I've never gottena flu vaccine before, but the added risks in pregnancy are kinda freakin me out.
post #2473 of 2509
We can play on Wed. if anyone wants to get together.

Regarding the flu vaccine, just make sure you get one that doesn't have thimerasol (mercury) in it. I'm reading about the H1N1 vaccine and thinking we won't do it. Jen, what does your research say?
post #2474 of 2509
Pam, wed be up for getting together Wed at the zoo or TBG or something, though I think your fam and mine are usually on different schedules? I am probably going to my moms to clean in the ealry morning and would then be up for something between say 10-12.
post #2475 of 2509
my research is telling me that the H1N1 is too new.

also- i dont believe in vaccinating for things that are not deadly. I know that this flu is particularly bad... but the stats at the cdc website is not convincing enough for me personally to get the vax.

In fact, H1N1 is so widespread in az that they are saying any case of flu is H1N1, esp if caught in august or september.


and since we were just knocked on our booties this weekend by a flu... Im thinking we are fine

my personal take on the flu is that the standard american diet is not supportive of a healthy immune system. I think if you are eating whole foods and resting and taking care of yourselves that there is no flu your body cannot handle.

my own personal beliefs...

so we dont vax for those reasons.... things like meningitis, i might vax for at a later date if my child were to go to school.... but then again, i think a high percentage of meningitis cases are previously vaxed....


anyways...
here is the cdc website that I am keeping an eye on...
http://www.cdc.gov/H1n1flu/update.htm

Quote:
  • The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was low and within the bounds of what is expected in the summer.
post #2476 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
my research is telling me that the H1N1 is too new.

also- i dont believe in vaccinating for things that are not deadly. I know that this flu is particularly bad... but the stats at the cdc website is not convincing enough for me personally to get the vax.

In fact, H1N1 is so widespread in az that they are saying any case of flu is H1N1, esp if caught in august or september.


and since we were just knocked on our booties this weekend by a flu... Im thinking we are fine

my personal take on the flu is that the standard american diet is not supportive of a healthy immune system. I think if you are eating whole foods and resting and taking care of yourselves that there is no flu your body cannot handle.

my own personal beliefs...

so we dont vax for those reasons.... things like meningitis, i might vax for at a later date if my child were to go to school.... but then again, i think a high percentage of meningitis cases are previously vaxed....


anyways...
here is the cdc website that I am keeping an eye on...
http://www.cdc.gov/H1n1flu/update.htm
post #2477 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtdubb View Post
Pam, wed be up for getting together Wed at the zoo or TBG or something, though I think your fam and mine are usually on different schedules? I am probably going to my moms to clean in the ealry morning and would then be up for something between say 10-12.
I could meet at 10. If the baby won't take an early nap, I'll just drive her around for awhile before that. Wonder what the carbon footprint of her naps is?

Where would you like to go? My guy asked for zoo yesterday, which we did. Right now he's asking for TBG, I might take him. Depends on if I can deal with the heat today. Maybe we'll do Children's museum this afternoon.
post #2478 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
my research is telling me that the H1N1 is too new.

also- i dont believe in vaccinating for things that are not deadly. I know that this flu is particularly bad... but the stats at the cdc website is not convincing enough for me personally to get the vax.

In fact, H1N1 is so widespread in az that they are saying any case of flu is H1N1, esp if caught in august or september.

my personal take on the flu is that the standard american diet is not supportive of a healthy immune system. I think if you are eating whole foods and resting and taking care of yourselves that there is no flu your body cannot handle.

my own personal beliefs...

so we dont vax for those reasons....
Well said!
post #2479 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysmama View Post
I could meet at 10. If the baby won't take an early nap, I'll just drive her around for awhile before that. Wonder what the carbon footprint of her naps is?

Where would you like to go? My guy asked for zoo yesterday, which we did. Right now he's asking for TBG, I might take him. Depends on if I can deal with the heat today. Maybe we'll do Children's museum this afternoon.
With the day we are having today I can't commit to anything. i am feeling on the hopeless and frazzled end of things right now. Let me know what you decide to do and we can try to join you. Anything except the children's museum works for me.
post #2480 of 2509
Tomorrow is double ad day at sunflower....if i have other things to do (hint hint) i might decide it's a good day to go into town. no extra money for zoo/tbg etc but parks, plaything at mcd's etc would be grand. well i suppose first i outta see if there's anything good on sale at sunflower .

finally got my internet back. apparently the line was half cut where it comes out of the ground (not on my land) : and it wasn't a fried modem (that i rent) so it's all straight thankfully.

yesterday was long and i'm sorry i didn't get back to you ladies. didn't get home till 9 and i fell right into bed (it was court yesterday).

so who wants to convince (and help) me to move? again...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Utah, Arizona