or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe

post #1 of 189
Thread Starter 
I just bought some enwrapture skirts and getting some ideas so share post pics whatever!
post #2 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
I just bought some enwrapture skirts and getting some ideas so share post pics whatever!
I'm working on one of my own wrap skirt from a Kwik Sew pattern. It would be going a lot easier if I had actually had the required 3 yards of fabric and not just 2. (At least with a wrap skirt, I can keep wearing it even if I lost 100 pounds )
post #3 of 189
I just got mine.

If we're talking swaps, I've got a great short one (the tag doesn't say how short, but I could measure) that I'd swap for another short. It's a lovely brown fabric that I adore, but the inside is brown and yellow, and yellow makes me look ill. I could keep it and try to hide the yellow part, but if anyone needs an earth tone, I'd swap for a green, dark red, black or something besides yellow or pink.

I think they look better on the attractive model on the YouTube video than on me, but they're cute and comfortable. Plus I'm thinking they'd make great maternity wear.
post #4 of 189
I saw the co op thing but as always way too late. What is a wrap skirt? Is it already made or do you make it?

post pics please?
post #5 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
I saw the co op thing but as always way too late. What is a wrap skirt? Is it already made or do you make it?

post pics please?
It's basically just a wrap skirt with two layers, one a bit shorter than the other, and you can wrap it in different ways. It's already made, but the way you wrap and tie it makes it really versatile.

http://www.enwrapturevintage.citymax.com/homepage.html
post #6 of 189
I'm in!

Does anybody have a working link to the Enwrapture skirt YouTube video? The link was disabled last I checked...
post #7 of 189
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 189
You made me want one!!!

I'm going to find patterns now
post #9 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegAmanda View Post
I just got mine.

If we're talking swaps, I've got a great short one (the tag doesn't say how short, but I could measure) that I'd swap for another short. It's a lovely brown fabric that I adore, but the inside is brown and yellow, and yellow makes me look ill. I could keep it and try to hide the yellow part, but if anyone needs an earth tone, I'd swap for a green, dark red, black or something besides yellow or pink.

I think they look better on the attractive model on the YouTube video than on me, but they're cute and comfortable. Plus I'm thinking they'd make great maternity wear.
No swapping here, just ideas! I dont want to get this pulled.
post #10 of 189
thanks...
I thought who needs a wrap skirt wearing tribe..so I followed the link to enwrapture and now I COVET THEM....did someone say a co-op?
post #11 of 189
I'll be getting mine in a few days. Can't wait to see how others are wearing them!
post #12 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I'll be getting mine in a few days. Can't wait to see how others are wearing them!
Me too....why will no one post pictures?!?
post #13 of 189
Wow very nice!

I now need one, well I want a few!
post #14 of 189
i have been wearing mine like crazy!!
post #15 of 189
I'm not at home today, but when I get back i'll post pics of how the wrap skirts look on a 9month preggo momma!

So far i've been wearing the short ones as tops, and the long ones as dresses.
Havn't figured out a fold or tie to go over/under the tummy yet. If i just wrap it straight around the tummy then I look super wide and ridicules, and if I wrap it under the tummy then there is a big length differance front to back.

However as shirts and dresses they are soooooooooooooooooo comfortable and cute! Especially right now at 36weeks in the intolerable Texas heat.
post #16 of 189
Can someone post pics for wearing it as a top or dress? I need to wear a bra since my boobs are big (36DD), so would love to know how to wear on that occasion....
post #17 of 189
I have more of these skirts than I care to admit to...

... but I did not get them via Enwrapture, in fact I have never heard of them...

Here are some links to where I have found them in the past...

http://stores.ebay.com/United-Israel...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/sohokarma

http://stores.ebay.com/KING-SOLOMONS...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

These are a weakness of mine
post #18 of 189
I think I might have found my new addiction. I normally live in my skirts in the summer. These look like too much fun! Now I have to decide what one I am going to start with
post #19 of 189
Thread Starter 
I wore mine today to church- a short one as a skirt w a silk black tank.
post #20 of 189
Arghh now I want one or several!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe