or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe - Page 2

post #21 of 189
Well, I'll post a picture. Here's my favorite one from the co-op, worn as a regular long skirt.
post #22 of 189
subbing
post #23 of 189
oh and looked at the instructions and website they look lovely know i am on the look out for some of these skirts
post #24 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
Well, I'll post a picture. Here's my favorite one from the co-op, worn as a regular long skirt.
Man you got the cute one!

FWIW, I bought a bunch of shirts yesterday to go with my skirts. I will post when I wear them.

Also- how do we wash these?? Dry clean? Line Dry? Hand wash?
post #25 of 189
I am planning to hand wash and line dry.
post #26 of 189
oooh I can't wait to get into these post partum!!
anyone got any patterns to make your own...?
anyone know of any heavier weight types not just chiffon like light weight denim?
post #27 of 189
wow, gotta love MDC! I had one and I didn't even know it could be used as something other than a skirt!! What a lack of fantasy on my part...
post #28 of 189
I need to see more pics!

its hilarious me trying these things on whenever I see them in my closet... I'll experiment trying all kinds then end up getting frustrated w/ the whole ordeal LOL I need a step by step printed sheet to hang next to them hee hee!


grace (avengingophelia), the pic of the skirt by itself in your pics is gorgeous!!!!! I'm jealous! LOL I've got a few I just really just don't like. and sucky thing is they weren't even supposed to be mine mine and another mama's order got mixed up. c'est la vie.
post #29 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie-n-hertwoboys View Post
grace (avengingophelia), the pic of the skirt by itself in your pics is gorgeous!!!!! I'm jealous! LOL I've got a few I just really just don't like. and sucky thing is they weren't even supposed to be mine mine and another mama's order got mixed up. c'est la vie.
I like that one too, but it's crotch length on me, so I'm swapping it.
post #30 of 189
I would love to find someone that has one that they dont want and would be willing to sell it so that i can try it out. I have been looking everywhere but have one more place to look. I really think they are cute. I didnt see any on the trading post but maybe i didnt go to the right spot does anyone know if there is one on here at all that is sell ing the skirts. I would love one that is patchwork but thought if i had one that maybe i could figure out how to make a patchwork type wrap skirt. I have always loved them anyway just the ramblings of a woman jeolous of all of you ladies that have these pretty skirts. Its ok i will just sit in a corner and throw a fit.
post #31 of 189
Ebay has a lot of them! I should be getting my first one any day now!
post #32 of 189
i was checking locally before i got to ebay. Thanks thought i will try that next the other place i was talking about doesnt have them either. around here there is yardsales online for local stuff and well that was what i was trying first. thanks meadowmom I will be checking out ebay. We will want pics of the skirt too heheh
post #33 of 189
LOL

I was googling the crap out of these to see what all of the excitement was. Come to find out I own one!!

Someone had a kiosk at the mall a couple of years ago and they looked fun, so I bought one. The one I have is very long and I've only worn it a handful of times. Maybe I need to get it back out and play some more. They are pretty cool.
post #34 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraguzz View Post
wow, gotta love MDC! I had one and I didn't even know it could be used as something other than a skirt!! What a lack of fantasy on my part...
Dont even get me started about how MDC has been my buying enabler for how many years now??

I saw a kiosk at the mall the other night with them. I would love to organize a swap on the boards here, but I do not qualify to run one.


I wore another one last night for my weekly HOOTOWL or Mom's supper club which was at my house. Everyone thought it was very pretty.
post #35 of 189
So, how are they fitting the "fluffier" mamas? Has anyone over a size 16 tried one of the regular ones on? I would so love to buy one of these, but I am a size 18-20 and afraid that it would look rediculous on me. They are so beautiful.
post #36 of 189
I am a size 16/18 and you can see how mine fits in the pic I linked. As a skirt, it's totally fine. I don't think it would work as a dress, though--not enough overlap. But that could just be that I am tying it wrong.
post #37 of 189
So pretty! I may pick one up and wear it as a skirt for now and a dress if I ever lose weight again. I was a size 12 pp, so hopefully I will get back down there again.

Now if only someone will do just one more co-op!
post #38 of 189
I got mine today and am already wearing it. I decided to wear it as a long top today with the purple side out (the other side is a neutral floral that I will probably wear as a skirt). I love that they are so different, so it'll be like two completely different outfits. To give you an idea of the length, I got a 34" one. I'm just shy of 6' and all legs.

Please ignore the mirror full of fingerprints
.

I didn't realize it was that bad until I uploaded the photo. LOL
post #39 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I got mine today and am already wearing it. I decided to wear it as a long top today with the purple side out (the other side is a neutral floral that I will probably wear as a skirt). I love that they are so different, so it'll be like two completely different outfits. To give you an idea of the length, I got a 34" one. I'm just shy of 6' and all legs.

Please ignore the mirror full of fingerprints
.

I didn't realize it was that bad until I uploaded the photo. LOL
I will ignore the all legs comment since you have less fingerprints than I do on your mirrors! LOL Now you have to post how you tied it like that. Very sharp looking.
I wonder how it will look on me. I am just shy of 5' 5" and all hips.
post #40 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I got mine today and am already wearing it. I decided to wear it as a long top today with the purple side out (the other side is a neutral floral that I will probably wear as a skirt). I love that they are so different, so it'll be like two completely different outfits. To give you an idea of the length, I got a 34" one. I'm just shy of 6' and all legs.

Please ignore the mirror full of fingerprints
.

I didn't realize it was that bad until I uploaded the photo. LOL
You are so cute! For some reason I always pictured you short and round, I think because you used to have an avatar that looked like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
I will ignore the all legs comment since you have less fingerprints than I do on your mirrors! LOL Now you have to post how you tied it like that. Very sharp looking.
I wonder how it will look on me. I am just shy of 5' 5" and all hips.
I am 5'8" and all boobs.

I think mine is coming today and I'll try to get some photos up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe