Hi Ladies. Last night, I went to visit my sister in law. Anyways, she uses those Energy Efficient Light bulbs that contain MERCURY!! I am busy with my two other little ones when I go to get something ... The next thing you know my 2 year old finds a light bulb sitting on the counter & he throws it like a baseball at me. It shatters right at my feet. I immediately take him out of the room & start packing up our stuff because I wanted to get out of there. I wasn't sure what to do but I knew those bulbs were really hazardous. So now I read on the computer the amount of mercury in those bulbs & I am so upset... I can't stop worrying that I exposed my unborn baby to mercury poisioning. I left the room & didn't clean any of it up but my SIL cleaned up the bulb with a vaccuum which they say spreads the mercury powder in the air. If anyone has any advice for me, I would truly appreciate it. I can't sleep, I can't do anything but think about this awful event.
post #1 of 12
6/30/08 at 6:17am