I hope your kitty comes back, too.BabyBump
- That is too funny. Nate and Olive were both named by the daycare kids (there were 6 kittens and 6 older girls) and our Olive is also all black and named so because she's like a black olive
I suspect Nate is named after a cute little boy in someone's class peace_laughing
I'm sorry things are so rough on your visit
I hope she gets to feeling better and you can fully enjoy your visit home.NOS
- Glad you're doing well and um, I haven't gotten very far on my cards, either. I figure that's okay as long as I get them done eventually.... ..right? :P I'm hoping I can do well enough that they will be worth the wait
- I know, too funny, isn't it?
And it was so random, I have no idea why I decided to stop and ask her if she made slings. I mean.. she was sitting at her mum's booth with her babe slung, but I'm glad I did
Her sun-printing sounds really cool and I'm hoping I can figure out something acceptable to barter with Teeny
- I would definitely be struggling with my decisions about food if Kaia was showing that much interest. Good luck to you!Thank You
to everyone who offered me kitty well-wishes.Solids
- Kaia has really shown no more interest in solids than she has in anything else, she puts *everything* in her mouth. Every once in a while I have put a little boob juice or water in a sigg bottle for her, she drinks the boob juice and the water she just spits out, but really really likes playing with. However, question - yesterday in her morning poo amid all the normal poo goop was a teeny little turd. I was really surprised. I didn't know this could happen with EBF babies.. I've never been away from her, so I know no one slipped her anything. Can anyone tell me what's up?
Oh, and gosh you guys are starting to make me feel like an oppressive tyrant. I know she would enjoy
other food, but she doesn't know that yet, and I wanted to push it as close to a year as possible. Am I being overly anal?Homeschool
- Okay, I know it's just a wee bit early to worry about this.. but I really want to homeschool, and DP is not at all sure about it. He has all the stereotypical worries, like if she'll have social issues. Hello? We run a daycare
! Or where we'll find friends for her her own age (we have one in the daycare that is about 8 months older than her, but no one else very close.) I insist that there are other ways to find friends than through going to public school. I don't know, anyone have any advice?
On another note, Us
- DP's also begun to fret about raising Kaia vegan, which came as a bit of a shock to me. We've been vegan for around 5 years now I think. It came up mildly once before, he was talking about how he was sad about how she'd be missing out on things, like going to get ice cream or going out to pizza. I said those things were only all that great because they're nostalgic and that she'll have other things to be nostalgic about. She could always get a slushy, anyway! He totally agreed then and it hadn't come back up until yesterday. He was worried about when she goes over to play at someone's house
Well both of us definitely
don't plan to give her meat, and I tried telling him that most people don't really think vegetarian is any less weird, which he agreed to. I said we can always send lunch with her or remind people of the vegan options they probably already feed their kids, like pasta or PB&Js, among other things. I don't really know where I'm going with this.. just being a little stressed at you guys, I guess
Well, Kaia's crawling is getting out of control! She's gotten very speedy very quickly, whew! She's getting to be such a handful
She been fighting sleep and naps like CRAZY the last few days. I think it's just because she's too excited about getting around. She has too much to do to waste time on sleep! She went from fighting nursing unless we were in bed nice and quiet when she is tired to refusing to go in the bedroom to nurse because I am not
sleepy, mum! (sob, whine) She hasn't had a check-up in months due to a struggle (which we lost) with medicaid concerning them not wanting us to go to our perfect and much-loved holistic-style doctor
Because he's an hour and a half away. But weighed her on my parent's grain scale when we were there a week ago and she was 13 lbs. spot on. She so little! But she's got nice chubby rolls and a lot of energy, so I'm not worried. So we need to set one up with some chump doctor around here that isn't going to respect any of our views or decisions like our doctor did
Oh well.. I can deal, but it was so nice having a doctor who actually agreed
with our choices and had many natural solutions to offer up before he would even bring up drugs. Someday. When we can get off medicaid.
to all and good luck on your schooling adventures.