Long!Had my appointment yesterday with the nurse practitioner that I just love to pieces. I haven't gained any weight and my BP was good (120/70) and the baby's HB was 148, I haven't dilated any further and I am measuring 36 weeks (I'll be 38 on Saturday - I've been measuring 2 weeks behind this whole time due to the fluids being low...). We chatted about a few things (including the fact that I am still throwing up every morning and she gave me a new prescription.) and then when she was feeling my tummy for where Ashley was, I said, "She's still breech, isn't she?" She said, "I am pretty sure she is, so let's go get Linda (the u/s tech) and get a quick peek." So we waited a few minutes for her to finish up with someone else and we headed in. Sure enough, she is NOT head down! Oh no! not MY child! She is COMPLETELY TRANSVERSE! Her head is smack dab on the right side and her bum smack dab on the left side! *sigh* So they checked to make sure there was enough fluid to even DO a version. Well, there were a few pockets, but Michelle (the NP) wasn't sure if it was enough to do the version, so she said that she would talk to me dr about it and then call me back. Well, my dr had left to go to the hospital to deliver a baby, so she said it would be a couple of hours before I heard back. Well, by 2:30 she called and said that Dr B was still at the hospital, so she had talked it over with Dr. Messer (the other doc in the practice who ended up delivering Calvin) so that I wouldn't be on pins and needles waiting. Dr Messer said that yes, there was enough fluid, but only because she is transverse and basically "halfway there". So, Michelle asked me if I had been plan on an epidural and I told her yes. She said good. They were working to coordinate the doctor's schedules and the hospital schedule and if Ashley doesn't decide to flip down and come on her own by Tuesday, then they are going to have me come in, get my epidural, do the version once that kicks in and then induce me if the version doesn't kick me into labor (which I guess a lot of times it does.) so that we don't have to worry about her turning back once they get her down. Of course, she did inform me that there is a risk that she would still try to flip back up while I'm laboring requiring a c-section or that doing the version might put her in fetal distress, also resulting in a c, but I am okay with that. I'm not going to be hung up on the fact that I might not get to have her vaginally. As long as she gets here safely and we are both healthy, then by all means, do what cha gotta do to get her here! (The reason they are doing this now instead of waiting things out or waiting until I am past due is because my fluid levels are looking like they are going back down again and they want to get her here before it goes down any more.
So, if she doesn't turn on her own and come before Tuesday, that's my day! I am feeling a LOT less stress knowing that I have a "goal date" now and that she will be coming then and I don't have to freak out over her low fluids! I just have to keep a watch on her movements so that they don't slow down, etc. If they do, then I'm to go right to the hospital and they will do the version then and get me going, etc.
I've been doing everything on spinningbabies to get this LO to turn on her own so I don't have to get that version and hopefully once she's head down she'll hurry and come on her own!!!!!