or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

April 2009

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I'm the first in the club! JUST found out...haven't even gotten an official due date yet. I eagerly await some pregnancy club friends.
post #2 of 27
There's a bunch of us waiting: see "Mod's where's April, 2009" thread
post #3 of 27
I`d be happy to join too..
post #4 of 27
Sooo happy to be joining you ladies. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :


My due date is April 9th!
post #5 of 27
Anyone else getting real crampy? I know the uterus stretches but sometimes it freaks me out a little bit.
post #6 of 27
Hi Bebe...yup. I get crampy. In fact I was crampy most of the day. Almost feels like bad pms symptoms.
post #7 of 27
Speaking of early pregnancy symptoms....Has anyone experienced the deadly noxious gas yet

I feel badly for anyone in the same room with me. This is sooo embarrasing
post #8 of 27
Congratulations mom's! My baby boy was born April 25 2008 and it's so exciting to see you all where I was a year ago. I've had my eye out for an April 2009 thread to start, It's really cool to see.

Wishing you all the very best
post #9 of 27
Yep. I've had the crampy thing since 12 DPO. It's kinda freaky, but it's also kind of freaky when it stops for awhile.
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles' mummy View Post
Speaking of early pregnancy symptoms....Has anyone experienced the deadly noxious gas yet

I feel badly for anyone in the same room with me. This is sooo embarrasing
Yep, it's on of my first symptoms, and aside from being very very tired, my only real symptom.
post #11 of 27
Just found out and expecting #5...due April 10th My first pregnancy symptoms were fatigue, nausea, bloating, cramping, gas and tingling/heavy feeling of chest area. However, my biggest sign was testing soon with a + test at 9 dpo! Anyone else test this early and if so...which test did you use and find out? Congrats to all of us expecting and best wishes to those hoping to be...
post #12 of 27
I did. I got a positive on the dollar tree test and then ran out and got a clear blue digital which showed pregnant.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofive2b View Post
Just found out and expecting #5...due April 10th My first pregnancy symptoms were fatigue, nausea, bloating, cramping, gas and tingling/heavy feeling of chest area. However, my biggest sign was testing soon with a + test at 9 dpo! Anyone else test this early and if so...which test did you use and find out? Congrats to all of us expecting and best wishes to those hoping to be...
I got my positive at 9DPO with an internet cheapie (Also due the 10th!). I took one with FMU and SMU. The FMU was so very faint that I didn't want to believe it so waited to test with SMU and it was glaringly positive. I don't know what the heck people are talking about when they say the dollar store and internet tests won't give you an early positive, it obviously worked for us! : Pee stick snobbery perhaps? lol
post #14 of 27
I have read/heard that one can test + as early as 6 or 7 dpo, but wasn't sure about when showing a + with a generic one not as sensitive. I normally use Early First Response, but picked up a 3-pack of the Equate brand at Wally by accident. That is why I am questioning and still in disbelief...(twins???)! However, I am officially supposed to have started my AF cycle today and nothing...not even spotting
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofive2b View Post
I have read/heard that one can test + as early as 6 or 7 dpo, but wasn't sure about when showing a + with a generic one not as sensitive. I normally use Early First Response, but picked up a 3-pack of the Equate brand at Wally by accident. That is why I am questioning and still in disbelief...(twins???)! However, I am officially supposed to have started my AF cycle today and nothing...not even spotting
Everywhere I can find has those tests rated at the same sensitivity as stated by the manufacturer and in clinical testing. The old version of the FRER tests were sometimes much more sensitive, but those were phased out quite a while ago. I think the only women who get positives before 7DPO (those are rare to start with) are those who have pregnancies as a result of IVF where implantation tends to happen sooner. Even then, implantation has to occur before you can see a positive pee stick and very few pregnancies implant before 8DPO.

Don't you wish there was a test that would tell you when you had implantation and how many babies are coming? Oh, and the exact date of birth while we're at it would be nice too
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondimpression View Post
Everywhere I can find has those tests rated at the same sensitivity as stated by the manufacturer and in clinical testing. The old version of the FRER tests were sometimes much more sensitive, but those were phased out quite a while ago. I think the only women who get positives before 7DPO (those are rare to start with) are those who have pregnancies as a result of IVF where implantation tends to happen sooner. Even then, implantation has to occur before you can see a positive pee stick and very few pregnancies implant before 8DPO.

Don't you wish there was a test that would tell you when you had implantation and how many babies are coming? Oh, and the exact date of birth while we're at it would be nice too
that would be nice....i'm just lurking on this board btw dont mind me
post #17 of 27
Hello all! I have been looking for an April '09 group and here you are! I had not found Mothering.com when pregnent with my first, so I am looking forward to being a part of a due date club this time.

I am guessing my DD will be very early April. I have had some cramping and was just talking to my doula about it since I don't remember as much cramping with my last pregnancy...she said that it is very common, but to use it as a reminder to drink lots of water and have some down time. I thought that was wise. I have not started to feel too sick yet...but I imagine that will come soon. I have a 9 week appointment scheduled, but I so wish I could have something sooner... so great to hear that heart beat.

Anyway, good luck all and I can't wait to get to know you all better these 9 months!

-Jill
post #18 of 27
Hello, every one. I just found out that I am having our 3rd child and am due April 12. It's been a while since I was last pregnant, so I'm trying to find some people to share the experience with. Congratulations, ladies!!
post #19 of 27
Just saying HI too. Patiently waiting for the April 2009 DDC to open...come on Mods!!!

Just peed on a stick yesterday, but am due around April 4th.

Been feeling nauseated for the last few days, especially while nursing my two and four year old daughters!

Started my search for a midwife (there's only a handful in my entire state!) so hopefully we can work it out with her and our unhelpful insurance company! :

Just wanted to say HI and holding my breath to make it past six weeks (I've lost two at that week...so send the good vibes my way!!)
post #20 of 27
Congratulations all! I just tested this morning and was shocked to see a yes on the test. This was quite unexpected but wonderful at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles' mummy View Post
Speaking of early pregnancy symptoms....Has anyone experienced the deadly noxious gas yet

I feel badly for anyone in the same room with me. This is sooo embarrasing
Yes I also have the bad gas. I had it with both of my other kids too. My due date is April 9 also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009