Man, you women bring tears to my eyes you are all so wonderfully supportive and kind
Thank you for your words of support and your offers of help. My sister and her kids are doing great in their new place... still a little on the "shocked" side, but they are doing remarkably well
Glad to hear the other SCal mommas are all OK... it was pretty scary there for a while.
ANyways, back to the party....
I realized in trying to figure out a place to meet that it's been long enough since I've lived in OC (about five years) that my memory isn't that great... LOL... so, here's what I've come up with, I'm hoping you OC mommas can chime in with some more ideas
1. South Coast Plaza - we could meet in the food court or ina restaurant, maybe even book a private room. I thought this might be a good place because it's central and everyone knows where it is.
2. Borders Bookstore in Mission Viejo... figure we can take over the kiddy area... Ive seen mommy groups meeting there before. I'd call in advance to make sure it's OK.
3. Diedrich's coffee in San Juan Capistrano. The cool thing about SJC is that they have (had? I dunno if it's still there) a small petting zoo for the kiddies in SJC and we could take the kiddies over there afterwards
4. somewhere at the Irvine Spectrum. I haven't been there in eons so I'm not familiar with what is there now.
5. The Bowers Museum in Santa Ana. They have a children't museum which is VERY cool for little kids, so we could maybe meet at the Bowers' restaurant for the party, then take the kids to themuseum??
6. The beach in Dana Point. Ithink it might be too chilly tho... it's been pretty cool the past week... but we could always have a secondary location just in case it rains or something.
7. Fisherman's restaurant on the San Clemente pier. Again, we could possibly get a room to ourselves. I had a birthday there once with about twenty people and it was nice.
8. Saddleback WOmen's Hospital or San Clemente Hospital. I can see if we can get a room to meet at one of these places.
9. The Ritz Carlton in Laguna. We could get a large table at one of the restaurants... but it might not be the best for the kids....
I know there are TONS of places I'm missing... so please feel free to chime in with suggestions. I was thinking that we oughta try to do it in PUBLIC and maybe we could score a convert or two... hee hee hee...
I'm sorry "life" got in the way of planning our get together!! Let's do this soon so we can all have some FUN!!
Again, thank yuo for your support and understanding!!