post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
Good morning! I didn't see a daily thread for us ladies-in-waiting so I thought I'd start it off.

Had lots of contractions again yesterday. Spent all day Monday in the hospital when labor stalled, tried a little pitocin (I'm supposed to be induced tomorrow for medical reasons so I figured why not see what happens). The pitocin didn't work so after two hours my midwife offered to let me spend the night and try again Tuesday morning. We decided to just come home and see what nature would hold for us the rest of the week.

Well, it's Thursday and my body still won't keep labor going for more than a few hours at a time.

I have an appt with my perinatologist today for an NST and BPP. I'm going to talk to her about putting off my induction a few more days. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and that's when everyone I've talked to wants to induce. Keep your fingers crossed that she'll agree to more time. If I skip the induction without her "approval" my midwives can't treat me. So, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As of Monday I was a stretchy 5 cm, 80% effaced with a bulging bag of waters. My Bishop's score is over a 10 so from everything I've read an induction would be successful but I just don't like the idea. UGH.

How are you guys doing??? Any new babies overnight?