or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › Weekly Chat: August 7 to August 14
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Weekly Chat: August 7 to August 14 - Page 2

post #21 of 80
I want sweet potatoe muffins. I wish I had the energy to make some.
post #22 of 80
ANYONE ELSE NOT HAVING SYMPTOMS

I can very much relate to this one. It seems as though I had a mess of symptoms right when the hcg was introduced (so to speak) and now even my breast tenderness has greatly reduced. I do get nausea if I am hungry or have an empty stomach at all (sigh, perpetual eating makes it difficult to stay within the suggested weight gain limits, lol). In fact I had mentioned this same thing to my DH that I would feel so much better if I just had some morning sickness!

I am glad to know that many of us are going thorugh the same thing here, puts my mind at ease
post #23 of 80
Quote:
Well, I know I'm pregnant, and those 20 HPTs I took aren't all lying, because last night I was in bed craving frozen mayonnaise on a stick.

Yep, I wanted to taste some real mayo, but didn't want the texture of eating a bowlful, so I was thinking up how I could taste if for a continued time without dealing with the gloppy-ness. And then it dawned on me, I could use our Popsicle molds and make mayo on a stick. The only problem was it would take too long to freeze, and as I rationed last night, this morning, the craving has passed.
: i laughed myself to tears when i read this. good thinking last night, lol. you'd probably puke in the morning if you tried one, lol.
post #24 of 80
Frozen mayo on a stick! No offense, but blech!!

Mamato2boys, good luck with the announcement.

We're off to visit some family and celebrate my grandma's 95th birthday this weekend. I suspect that my daughter with tell the whole family the "big sister" news. Though she has been talking about being a sister since before we found out, so depending on the situation we might just laugh it off.

I'm also not feeling any symptoms yet, and gleefully so. My daughter (who will be three in November) is at a really awkward stage with her sleep right now. She is skipping her nap some days, but with incredibly cranky evenings where she begs to go to bed at 5:30 or so. But on the days that she does nap it's a struggle to get her to sleep and she'll often be awake until almost 10pm. She'll then sleep in the next morning, skip her nap the next day and the cycle repeats... I've just started working a day job, and both situations suck- if she's cranky all evening and goes to bed early I don't get to spend any good time with her. On the nights she's up late I'm so exhausted by the time she falls asleep, and have often been falling asleep before she does! I hope this situation settles before first trimester exhaustion sets in.
post #25 of 80
Frozen mayo on a stick... EWWWWW!!!

I wasn't feeling any smyptoms until this week (seven weeks) and now both yesterday and today I have woken up and threw up.

I never really did have morning sickness with my other pregnancies.
post #26 of 80
ahahahaha! frozen mayo on a stick! you ARE pregnant... too funny.
though, somehow I feel like it would sell at our MN state fair...haha
post #27 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisafiin View Post
ahahahaha! frozen mayo on a stick! you ARE pregnant... too funny.
though, somehow I feel like it would sell at our MN state fair...haha
Speaking of state fairs, the family went to the WI State Fair yesterday.

I have NEVER been to a State Fair in the midwest.. wow oh wow.. It was HUGE!

And, I have never seen so many fried things.

Fried Pickles
Fried Oreos
Fried Twinkies
Fried Smores
Fried Mac & Cheese
Fried Green Tomatoes

It was nuts!
post #28 of 80
Morning mama's!

We're getting ready for our youngest's birthday party this afternoon. I'm feeling really nervous about telling our family. I know that 4 kids is going to seem like a TON to all of them; I'm really hoping that everyone keeps any negative views to themselves and just congratulates us

MelW I hope the sleep situation works itself out soon!
post #29 of 80
Oh! I am so!! excited!!! to be here!!! :

The smoking dreams remind me of the ones I had with when I was pg with my dd, I would be drinking a beer- in my dream!! (which I craved like crazy, along with Vegemite) and in my dream I would suddenly remember I was pg and then think "I'll just drink the rest really fast and no one will know", as if that's the point!

I just got my postive beta yesterday, wondering if it's possible that I've got the nausea already or if I am just fooling myself so I have an excuse to eat white noodles with butter and lots of salt...
post #30 of 80
mmm. noodles with butter and salt....and parmesan, yum.

But I just found out I have gained 3 and a half pounds since Monday:
This really seems excessive! Strange because last time I could not gain weight no matter how I tried and this time I am purposefully staying away from desert and most all sweets. and I cut out sodas which i was drinking a lot of before. Has anyone else gained weight already? I have to stop getting filet-o-fish now, i guess that's what did it. i thought i was okay; i never get fries. books say that excessive early weight gain is a sign of twins but as i said i had twins last time and didn't gain any in the 1st trimester with trying to. how much weight have you gained?
post #31 of 80
As of last tuesday I hadn't gained any, but I've been super hungry since then, so who knows? We don't have a scale at home and the one at my office is unpredictable (sometimes makes you up to 6 pounds heavier!). I guess I'll likely wait until seeing the midwife to get an accurate reading.
post #32 of 80
Thread Starter 
I think I've gained about 3 pounds so far, but I'm not attributing it to the baby so much as the damn Kettle Chips that the baby demands!!

PS: That mayo on a stick thing might be the most repulsive thing I've ever heard of!
post #33 of 80
I haven't gained any weight yet, but my stomach is SO bloated. My pants are tight and uncomfortable by the end of the day. Is that hormones, or just the fact that this is my 4th PG? The baby is barely the size of a pea, right? I've never had this happen so early before.
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
Well, I know I'm pregnant, and those 20 HPTs I took aren't all lying, because last night I was in bed craving frozen mayonnaise on a stick.

Yep, I wanted to taste some real mayo, but didn't want the texture of eating a bowlful, so I was thinking up how I could taste if for a continued time without dealing with the gloppy-ness. And then it dawned on me, I could use our Popsicle molds and make mayo on a stick. The only problem was it would take too long to freeze, and as I rationed last night, this morning, the craving has passed.
This is cracking me up; it's so random, so disgusting, and yet, so strangely logical (at least to a pg person, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolhagan View Post
I have NEVER been to a State Fair in the midwest.. wow oh wow.. It was HUGE!

And, I have never seen so many fried things.

Fried Pickles
Fried Oreos
Fried Twinkies
Fried Smores
Fried Mac & Cheese
Fried Green Tomatoes
And let's not forget Fried Turkey legs, Fried Milky Way bars and, of course, Fried Coke (yes, Coke -- they put it in the batter, fry it up like a funnel cake and drizzle coke syrup over it; yuck!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boys View Post
I'm feeling really nervous about telling our family. I know that 4 kids is going to seem like a TON to all of them; I'm really hoping that everyone keeps any negative views to themselves and just congratulates us
I KWYM, also not looking forward to the whole "telling the extended family" bit, b/c they have a history of not reacting well to the news. Sigh. You'd think by baby #6, they'd be expecting it, lol.

We did, however, tell our kids tonight, after dinner -- it sort of just slipped out b/c they were talking (again) about how much they wanted another brother or sister. They were sooooooo excited! : Which, of course, makes me feel much better, b/c it's their opinion (and DH's, of course) that I truly care about. I was going to wait longer, maybe until out of the first trimester, but then I thought, if something happens, it's not like I would be able to or wish to hide my sadness from them, so why not share the joy now? They danced around the kitchen and then spent the next half-hour giving me name suggestion after name suggestion, lol. Some of them were doozies, too, let me tell you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
I just got my postive beta yesterday, wondering if it's possible that I've got the nausea already or if I am just fooling myself so I have an excuse to eat white noodles with butter and lots of salt...
Mmmm...pasta.....I may or may not have had plain spaghetti with butter, salt and pepper for lunch yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boys View Post
I haven't gained any weight yet, but my stomach is SO bloated. My pants are tight and uncomfortable by the end of the day. Is that hormones, or just the fact that this is my 4th PG? The baby is barely the size of a pea, right? I've never had this happen so early before.
With baby #4 and #5, I popped almost from the moment the darned stick turned positive. It was insane! : I was in maternity clothes with Sophie by 8 wks.

This time around, I look pretty much the same, which sounds good, except I am considerably more fluffy with this pg, so I already looked pg BEFORE I got my BFP.

Guin
post #35 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post

This time around, I look pretty much the same, which sounds good, except I am considerably more fluffy with this pg, so I already looked pg BEFORE I got my BFP.
We just moved, so we were going through all our clothes from storage (we have far less closet space here) 3 weeks ago. I tried on all my pre-maternity stuff and it FIT for the first time! I was so pleased I'd lost weight. Then I promptly went and got knocked up.
post #36 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemamarach View Post
We just moved, so we were going through all our clothes from storage (we have far less closet space here) 3 weeks ago. I tried on all my pre-maternity stuff and it FIT for the first time! I was so pleased I'd lost weight. Then I promptly went and got knocked up.
: KWYM. I just lost 25 lbs and have a ton of new clothes and I'm going WTF! Not that it wasn't planned, just seems to be the way things go. Most of the girls I know who've had babies recently have dropped a bunch of weight before hand (even if they didn't plan to get pregnant). Some sort of cosmic joke.
post #37 of 80
I didn't lose weight recently, but I did just buy a ton of work/professional clothes for a new job. I have a very small box of maternity clothes from last time, but I really didn't have very much. I'm going to need a bunch of new maternity clothes, since I won't be wearing scrubs through this pregancy!

We're back from a quick weekend trip to visit family and my grandma's 95th birthday. I can only hope that I look half as terrific as she does when I'm her age We managed to keep the pregnancy secret, too- my daughter was too busy playing with other kids and didn't blab the news to the family.
post #38 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
As of last tuesday I hadn't gained any, but I've been super hungry since then, so who knows?
I have been super thirsty...mostly for water. And I drink tons of water as it is. I carry a water bottle with me where ever I go, but now I'm drinking almost two full glasses of water at night! So then I'm up peeing at least four times during the night! Hello!!! I supposed nursing two kids during the night is partly contributing to my thirst, but still...give me a break!!! :

...about losing weight and looking great just before getting pregnant...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Some sort of cosmic joke.
Amen girlfriend, AMEN!!!
post #39 of 80
Thread Starter 
Speaking of sleep, I'm already not sleeping well. I have fibromyalgia, which has been bad again for the past week or so, after a good month of no pain. Now when I sleep, I just can't get comfortable because my hip and shoulder joints ache if I'm on my side, and my lower back hurts if I am laying on my tummy. I've never been able to sleep on my back, so that's out too! So this morning I feel : and truly dread returning to nights of waking 3-4 times with a newborn.
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Speaking of sleep, I'm already not sleeping well. I have fibromyalgia, which has been bad again for the past week or so, after a good month of no pain. Now when I sleep, I just can't get comfortable because my hip and shoulder joints ache if I'm on my side, and my lower back hurts if I am laying on my tummy. I've never been able to sleep on my back, so that's out too! So this morning I feel : and truly dread returning to nights of waking 3-4 times with a newborn.
I hear that! I have fibro as well. We sleep on a mattress on the floor and that is really not helping. I told DH we are getting a proper bed before I get huge. It is hard enough to roll out of that thing now!

I've lost three pounds since I got pregnant. I'm not worried about it though as I was overweight to start with. The only things I really want to eat are:
Frozen fruit juice bars
Whole wheat bagels w/cream cheese.
French fries
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › Weekly Chat: August 7 to August 14