Originally Posted by TanyaLopez
Gardenmom, you can start drugs and decide to stop later, that's not a problem. You could start, then research and decide if you want to keep treating conventionally, treat partly conventional and partly alternative, or go completely alternative, but you definitely don't need to decide right away.
Thanks for the response. I'm having lots of different things happening at once which is confusing things, to say the least. Some if it is dizziness which my doctor didn't think was thyroid related (though I have read some things which say that it might be), liquid draining from one ear on a pretty regular basis. I woke up with a massive case of vertigo yesterday--enough to go the the ER in the ambulance, yikes! It appears that a sinus infection made my dizziness go over the top, so now I'm on antibiotics. (I'd love to hear if anyone on here has had vertigo associated with hypothyroid, please).
I have had two thyroid sonograms about 7 years apart which show 2 really tiny nodules that have not changed during that time. The doctor's don't think they're worth worrying about, though I'm wondering about it now that I've read a bit more on this thread about thyroid cancers.
Also had major blood loss at my son's birth (c-sec) followed by extremely low prolactin (like a man's level) so nursing ds was extremely difficult compared to when I nursed dd. When I looked into this at the time I ran across "Sheehan's syndrome" as a possibility, though it is a rare diagnosis, I guess. I'm keeping that on the back burner for review...
Anyhow, lots of variables are thrown into the mix, so I'm glad to know I'm not stuck with one particular treatment. For now I guess will go with the low dose of Armour and some Vestibular therapy for the inner ear stuff, and hope that I'm going down the right path.