or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in... - Page 6

post #101 of 132
I'm sorry that you have to wait - but now you have a date to be positive for!! Think positively! It'll be ok.
post #102 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
I'm sorry that you have to wait - but now you have a date to be positive for!! Think positively! It'll be ok.
Thanks. I know it will be okay one way or the other. It's just this farking limbo that I've been in has seriously eroded parts of my sanity.
post #103 of 132

oi!!!

I really really really really hope you are pregnant.

This is NUTS!!!

Hang in there ;-)
post #104 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
I just called my MW and they can't get me in until Tuesday.

<----------- I feel like this.
until Tuesday? omg! that is terrible!

no phone call from the doc's office yet. I'm on pins and needles.
with dd, I was sure I was not pregnant. I mean, I did have certain symptoms, but I was looking past them. I did a pregnancy test just to convince my friend that she is wrong. BUT when I actually poas I suddenly felt my heart go crazy. like it was beating out of my chest, I felt like I couldn't breather and then I just knew that I had to be. This time - nothing like that. I'm just anxious to find out. I want to be pg, but I just don't think I am. This IS like last time, what is not like last time is that I don't have the instinctive body reaction going. Hope they call me soon, because I just want to hear something. Whatever it is.
post #105 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
until Tuesday? omg! that is terrible!

no phone call from the doc's office yet. I'm on pins and needles.
with dd, I was sure I was not pregnant. I mean, I did have certain symptoms, but I was looking past them. I did a pregnancy test just to convince my friend that she is wrong. BUT when I actually poas I suddenly felt my heart go crazy. like it was beating out of my chest, I felt like I couldn't breather and then I just knew that I had to be. This time - nothing like that. I'm just anxious to find out. I want to be pg, but I just don't think I am. This IS like last time, what is not like last time is that I don't have the instinctive body reaction going. Hope they call me soon, because I just want to hear something. Whatever it is.
I hope they call you soon!

They could get me in sooner but only during the middle of they day and I cannot justify missing 1/2 days work over this. I'm in publishing and we are in the midst of two major deadlines. Tuesday was the first day they could get me in at the end of the day.
post #106 of 132
How are you FEELING, otherwise? You've been pregnant before...does this feel similar??

Do you feel different than you have in months past?
post #107 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
How are you FEELING, otherwise? You've been pregnant before...does this feel similar??

Do you feel different than you have in months past?
I dunno lady.

I was lastly pregnant 9 1/2 years ago. That one, I knew and felt it a few days before my period was due, took at test and voila!

I don't feel like I have any pronounced pregnancy signs, at least not any that there isn't another perfectly rational explanation for, ya know? And I'm having a hard time tuning in to my body through the haze of frustration and anxiety, which, yes, I know, could be the exact reason for my missing period.
post #108 of 132
wrong thread
post #109 of 132
Tuesday seem soooo far away!!
Hang in there

Valeria_vi: did you get your results back?
post #110 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Tuesday seem soooo far away!!
Hang in there

Valeria_vi: did you get your results back?
nope. ;(
hopefully tomorrow. I am going craaazy!
post #111 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
nope. ;(
hopefully tomorrow. I am going craaazy!
They didn't call yesterday?! Any word today?
post #112 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
They didn't call yesterday?! Any word today?
nope. didn't call yesterday. today - not yet either.
my dh was at the doctors with me and they gave him a call around lunch time yesterday with his test result. the doc told him that my results were not in yet. dunno why - we got our blood drawn at the same time at the same office (of course, he did a different test, of course, but still).

what worries me that I was also getting some thyroid testing. and I remember the doc saying that if TSH comes back abnormal, then she asks for Tree T3/T4 testing using the blood that's already in the lab. So now I am wondering if that was the case. That she got back a bad TSH number and wanted T3/T4. But still - if that was the case she should have called me anyway, right? So I am hoping that it was just a timing issue at the lab (not a bad TSH) and that I'll know everything today.

I assume that everything is still the same for you, Shonahsmom?
post #113 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
nope. didn't call yesterday. today - not yet either.
my dh was at the doctors with me and they gave him a call around lunch time yesterday with his test result. the doc told him that my results were not in yet. dunno why - we got our blood drawn at the same time at the same office (of course, he did a different test, of course, but still).

what worries me that I was also getting some thyroid testing. and I remember the doc saying that if TSH comes back abnormal, then she asks for Tree T3/T4 testing using the blood that's already in the lab. So now I am wondering if that was the case. That she got back a bad TSH number and wanted T3/T4. But still - if that was the case she should have called me anyway, right? So I am hoping that it was just a timing issue at the lab (not a bad TSH) and that I'll know everything today.

I assume that everything is still the same for you, Shonahsmom?
Awww lady, I hope you get some answers soon.

Still the same here.
post #114 of 132
I have just officially lost my mental stability.
I've just called the office and guess missed the timing by a couple of minutes. They close at 1 on Fridays. Noone called me. And they are only open every other Saturday. I have no clue if tomorrow is their open or closed day. I might know nothing till Monday. I am loosing it completely.

The thing is, if I would have been told right away that the results will be in on Monday/Tuesday/whatever day, I'd just prepare myself., But I was told that the result will be in the next day, which was yesterday. So I had expectations Isn't that only human? Even worse is that they got dh's results and called him, but nothing, nothing for me. I even called yesterday in the evening and the receptionist told me that looks like the doc has to review my test results and I left the number at which I could be reached (plus, they have it on forms I filled out. I really don't know - may be they didn't even have them in. A receptionist might not know all the details). But nobody called me today and now they are closed for the day. I'm a basket case. :
post #115 of 132
Thread Starter 
Awwwww! I'm SO sorry. I think you and hubby should try to do something really fun and different this weekend to try to take your mind off it.. well, I know that's impossible, but maybe it will be possible to enjoy yourself a little. I'm so sorry!
post #116 of 132
Oh hun to you,

Is this your doctors office? or the lab place? I hope they are open for you tomorrow!
post #117 of 132
They called this morning and left a message (we were still asleep). Thyroid is fine and the pregnancy test is a BFN. oh well. at least, I know that much. of course, this doesn't explain my 2 last weird periods, but I'll just wait and see what the next month brings.

Shonahsmom I hope you get your answer soon.
post #118 of 132

In My Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
I just called my MW and they can't get me in until Tuesday.

<----------- I feel like this.

I am new to this site, but I will be praying for your doctor's visit. I am in somewhat of the same situation, although I am only 17 or 18 DPO. I have been having major cramping for about 4 days with no sign of a period. All of my HPTs have come back negative. I am already frustrated and exhausted at this point so I can only imagine what you are going through. Please let us know!
post #119 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
They called this morning and left a message (we were still asleep). Thyroid is fine and the pregnancy test is a BFN. oh well. at least, I know that much. of course, this doesn't explain my 2 last weird periods, but I'll just wait and see what the next month brings.

Shonahsmom I hope you get your answer soon.
Valeria, I'm sorry! Well, I'm glad to hear that you thyroid is fine and I'm glad you have a solid answer, even though it's not the one you were hoping for.

Nothing has changed over here. I'm out of HPTs which is probably a good thing because the BFNs just totally bring me down. I'm not going to buy anymore. I'll just wait it out until I see the midwives on Tuesday.

WantingOur1st, thanks for your sweet note. Good luck to you!
post #120 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Valeria, I'm sorry! Well, I'm glad to hear that you thyroid is fine and I'm glad you have a solid answer, even though it's not the one you were hoping for.
I still want to call them back on Monday and ask what my number were on thyroid stuff. Of course, I want it to be fine, but then I read that some people might seem fine on tests, but still have problems. So I don't know. I'm not sure what my next step would be. Do I just think that ok - it is fine, or do I keep pursuing something anyway.

Yes, I am very disappointed on the BFN. But we have just started trying, so I can't really complain yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Nothing has changed over here. I'm out of HPTs which is probably a good thing because the BFNs just totally bring me down. I'm not going to buy anymore. I'll just wait it out until I see the midwives on Tuesday.
I think not buying any more hpts seems like a great idea. I know it is hard, but I think that getting the bfns is even harder. Please please let us know what happens on Tuesday when you see your midwife.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15