or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › August IVF Cyclers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

August IVF Cyclers - Page 2

post #21 of 289
I'm doing pretty good today, although I've had some hot moments, but not quite what I would describe as hot flashes or at least not like they were on clomid. No headaches, knock on wood.

I take my last bcp tomorrow. I've been spotting since Monday. My nurse says it's no big deal. On my schedule it says to expect my period Monday or Tuesday but I'll be surprised if it holds off that long based on this spotting. I'm thinking as soon as I'm off the bcp it will arrive.

Shawna, I agree it does seem to be going by pretty quickly. :
post #22 of 289
Well my meds should be arriving tomorrow and I'll start lupron on Sunday.

I am up to my usual pre ivf stuff (multi-vitamins, b vitamin, folic acid, dhea, green tea and bcps). Hoping for some grade a embies
post #23 of 289
Lisa,
Let's hope it stays that way.. I still have the headache and hot flashes. But okay otherwise.. Glad to hear you are doing well
post #24 of 289
Thread Starter 
This is Day 5 of the lupron and I'm still dealing with sleepiness about mid-day. My "breasticals" are even more tender and feel flippin' heavy. This usually happens with my period but not to this extent. My face is also more oily and I'm breaking out. WTH?? It's like PMS symptoms (without the crabbiness, thank Gd). Anyone else experiencing breakouts and sleepiness?

The only other symptom is some itchiness around my injection site for a few minutes after doing the shot.

My last bcp is on Sunday and my period should start within a couple of days of that. But seeing as how I had my last one two weeks ago and had to start the pill on day 3, I'm curious as to how much of a period I'll actually have.

The shots have been much easier to give myself. Still not fun but it doesn't take 20 minutes.
post #25 of 289
Organicsister,

I am also so tired during the day now. My breasticles are super sore. I broke out on the pill. Places I never have before my back, shoulders. I have also started my period. It is on the lighter side but cramps are worse for me. I usually don't have bad cramps. On the bright side day 5 down!!! The shots are getting easier day by day.. My mood also seems ok but I am having some major hot flashes at night.. Anyone else????
post #26 of 289
LisaG, OrganicSister and KJRSMR ~ I hope the lupron effects subside for ya all
post #27 of 289
Hey gals,

I seem to be in an ongoing state of a low grade sweat today. Then I get cold and clammy when the air comes on. I was really tired yesterday late afternoon but was blaming it on not getting enough sleep. Now you both have me wondering if I should blame it on the lupron. Doing pretty good mood wise, although I was a bit snarkier than usual the other day. I might chalk that up to dh's niece having her baby and wondering just what that poor little guy is in for. Sigh. According to my SIL (her aunt) she's trying to bf but when he showed signs of hunger she refused to nurse him because he'd just nursed 20 minutes ago. Mind you this was the day after he was born and I'm sure her milk hasn't come in yet and I'm sure he really was hungry. : I'll be shocked if she bf for much longer. And honestly if she has that kind of attitude about it, it's probably better if she doesn't. But I digress.

Last bcp was this morning. I'm doing pretty good on dodging the breakouts, just a solitary zit under my jaw so far. Boobs aren't doing anything at the moment thank goodness. Last time I thought they were going to explode off my chest.

OrganicSister - a couple cycles ago I was on bcp for 6 days (starting on CD3) and then told to stop because my hcg still wasn't low enough. I took my last bcp on a Thursday morning, started spotting Friday eve., period started Saturday and I was really surprised by how much of a "real" period it was even though I'd had a period only 10 days earlier. Although I've heard other women say their's was really light :
post #28 of 289
Is there a breasticles smilie? There should be!
post #29 of 289
I just love setting the alarm on a Saturday morning at 6:45 for Lupron.. I was super tired and hot today. Still crampy and bleeding a bit more today. Another day down all!!!!
post #30 of 289
Seedlings - hope your lupron start goes well today!

Shawna - yay for another day down! I opted to do my shots at night and avoid those cruel early morning weekend wake-ups Can't remember - are you done with your bcps yet?

Was about 45 minutes late with my lupron shot last night. : We were visiting family and I had prepped a syringe and brought it with me so I wouldn't have to leave early in time for my shot. Well when I went to get the syringe out of my purse I couldn't find it. So I go out to the car thinking it must've fallen out, which it did, but then I realized it had been cooking in the car for a few hours (it was in the 90s here today). I didn't want to risk taking a bad dose, so hurried home to get a fresh one but unfortunately we don't live close to where we were. I'm hoping that didn't throw things off too badly.
post #31 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Was about 45 minutes late with my lupron shot last night. :

Um wow. Is timing that crucial? My doc just said "around the same time each day". Which I took to mean within a couple of hours. But yesterday I forgot and instead of taking it 8a like I normally do, I took it after 11a. :

Now you have me worried.

I have another question: How does all this fertility stuff affect your relationships? Marital or otherwise?
post #32 of 289
Lisa- I finished my b/c on the 18th. YAY!!!

Organicsister- My RE told me within one hour every day. They all have different ideas and opinions.

As for me the side effects are still pretty heavy, loose bowels, headaches, hot flashes at night. Fun stuff!!

The only way that DH and I have suffered is we have run out of things to talk about. Our lives are so consumed with ttc and now ivf. We got caught up in all of this and have been for 2 years. I will say that over the weekend we went house hunting, and just drove around. It was the first time that we actually just talked about us and our kids futures, etc.. It was nice.. I love the idea of ivf and the possibilites..I can't wait for the end result. :
post #33 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Seedlings - hope your lupron start goes well today!

Shawna - yay for another day down! I opted to do my shots at night and avoid those cruel early morning weekend wake-ups Can't remember - are you done with your bcps yet?

Was about 45 minutes late with my lupron shot last night. : We were visiting family and I had prepped a syringe and brought it with me so I wouldn't have to leave early in time for my shot. Well when I went to get the syringe out of my purse I couldn't find it. So I go out to the car thinking it must've fallen out, which it did, but then I realized it had been cooking in the car for a few hours (it was in the 90s here today). I didn't want to risk taking a bad dose, so hurried home to get a fresh one but unfortunately we don't live close to where we were. I'm hoping that didn't throw things off too badly.
I would have done the same. I wouldn't worry to much though. It has to stay cold for a reason..
post #34 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
Um wow. Is timing that crucial? My doc just said "around the same time each day". Which I took to mean within a couple of hours. But yesterday I forgot and instead of taking it 8a like I normally do, I took it after 11a. :

Now you have me worried.

I have another question: How does all this fertility stuff affect your relationships? Marital or otherwise?
Honestly, I'm not sure how critical it is. I think it's more critical with the stims, but don't quote me on that. The one I know that IS really critical is the trigger shot before egg retrieval. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As for affecting relationships - it comes and goes. It's actually a lot easier now that we're out of the rut of scheduled sex. 4+ years of that really got old. And if one more person told me "oh, but at least you get to have the fun of trying", I think I would've strangled them I had a really hard time after our 2nd m/c. DH never really bonded with that pregnancy like he did with the 1st and so the loss of it didn't hit him as hard. I had a lot of anger towards him for not feeling as bad as I did over it, but fortunately we've sorted that out. I think we've done a pretty good job overall of handling all of this and finding our way through the rough spots. I work with a therapist off and on and that helps a lot. How are you doing with it?

Shawna - hang in there with everything! Which it sounds like you are . It's interesting you mention the loose bowels. I definitely haven't been having any problems with constipation (knock on wood).

I am really dragging today. Did not do a good job of eating well yesterday. Not enough protein & too many carbs. I always seem to drag the day after I do that. Today I am being very conscientious and eating well. I think it's even more important for me to watch what I eat when I add in the whatever side-effects the meds are creating.
post #35 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post

As for affecting relationships - it comes and goes. It's actually a lot easier now that we're out of the rut of scheduled sex. 4+ years of that really got old. And if one more person told me "oh, but at least you get to have the fun of trying", I think I would've strangled them I had a really hard time after our 2nd m/c. DH never really bonded with that pregnancy like he did with the 1st and so the loss of it didn't hit him as hard. I had a lot of anger towards him for not feeling as bad as I did over it, but fortunately we've sorted that out. I think we've done a pretty good job overall of handling all of this and finding our way through the rough spots. I work with a therapist off and on and that helps a lot. How are you doing with it?
We're not doing so hot right now. DH has been working a lot and seems to be focusing on that and not even realizing what's going on. Ya know we've been 'infertile' for almost 6 years (well, since we found out) and for the entire time he was ready for IVF before I was. But now that it is here, I feel like I'm the only one dealing with it. : So I'm tired and mentally stressed from all of it but feeling like I'm coping alone. I've tried talking to him but I'm not really in a place where I can discuss things sympathetically so that doesn't help.


Quote:
I am really dragging today. Did not do a good job of eating well yesterday. Not enough protein & too many carbs. I always seem to drag the day after I do that. Today I am being very conscientious and eating well. I think it's even more important for me to watch what I eat when I add in the whatever side-effects the meds are creating.
I found the perfect solution to my fatigue yesterday! I started my day with a huge smoothie, packed with fruit and spinach and extra Emergen-C's to boot. I finally didn't get tired after the Lupron shot and was able to make it all day until shortly before bedtime.

Well, at least I hope it was that. Yesterday was also the first day off the bcp, but I don't think that could make me tired. ?

Oh! My husband was ever so kind as to come home yesterday and start the last section of painting! (We've been trying to finish painting before I started the follistim, but I had resigned to having half finished walls for a few years.) So maybe he is coming around a bit? Now if only I could meet him there.
post #36 of 289
I like the smoothie idea. I will say that I am tired but I can deal with that. It's the constant headache and diarrhea that I am having a hard time with.. I am hanging in there!! I may be cutting back to 10 a bit early because of the headaches. I am also starting synthroid tonight which may help also. How are the rest of you??
post #37 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
We're not doing so hot right now. DH has been working a lot and seems to be focusing on that and not even realizing what's going on. Ya know we've been 'infertile' for almost 6 years (well, since we found out) and for the entire time he was ready for IVF before I was. But now that it is here, I feel like I'm the only one dealing with it. : So I'm tired and mentally stressed from all of it but feeling like I'm coping alone. I've tried talking to him but I'm not really in a place where I can discuss things sympathetically so that doesn't help.
It's hard feeling like you're alone. I think it's definitely easier for guys to get distracted with other things. It must be pretty bizarre watching all of this from the outside and having no actual experience of it other than what they see or what we tell them. And then here we are and it's in our face 24/7. Do you have any close friends you can lean on when he's not able to be there? It's really helped me to have other people to talk to so I don't get too upset if dh can't be there the way I want/need/would like. Just remember, be gentle with yourself regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
I found the perfect solution to my fatigue yesterday! I started my day with a huge smoothie, packed with fruit and spinach and extra Emergen-C's to boot. I finally didn't get tired after the Lupron shot and was able to make it all day until shortly before bedtime.
Yay! That sounds like a great recipe! I never would've thought about spinach. Glad your dh is stepping up with the painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR
I like the smoothie idea. I will say that I am tired but I can deal with that. It's the constant headache and diarrhea that I am having a hard time with.. I am hanging in there!! I may be cutting back to 10 a bit early because of the headaches. I am also starting synthroid tonight which may help also. How are the rest of you??
Sorry your head is still clanging Shawna. How much lupron do they have you on? Is there anything you can take to ease up the headaches? I am so grateful I'm not having with headaches.

I got some fabulous news today! Had my thyroid levels checked Friday to see if the pill/lupron had thrown things off at all and whether or not I'd need to adjust my medication. Last attempt it had gone up quite a bit and my thyroid antibodies had gone up also. Well, I am thrilled that everything is staying nice and low this time around. One less thing to worry about I dare say, I'm starting to get more hopeful about what lies ahead. :
post #38 of 289
Lisa- I am only allowed Tylenol while on lupron. I am on 20 units for a few more days. It may have to do with my thyroid. I am waiting to see if the synthroid helps. It is a dull constant ache above my eyes. Making it hard to be outside in the sun.

Good news about your thyroid!!!!
post #39 of 289
Shawna - hopefully the synthroid will help your head. Is your TSH high? If so, it's good they caught it now and are treating it before your transfer.
post #40 of 289
Well I am better today. My tsh was only 3.1 !?! Just borderline high. I am just one of the lucky ones, I guess.. Like I said the end result is well worth it.. I should get better as I start to lower my dose of lupron in a couple of days. Thanks for asking though. How are you today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › August IVF Cyclers