or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Nutrition and Good Eating › Over ripe cantaloupe ok to eat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Over ripe cantaloupe ok to eat?

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I got two cantaloupes from my CSA last Monday. We just finished eating the first yesterday so today I went to cut up the 2nd. It was mushy in places and a little moldy on the end. It looks and smells fine inside.

I hate to toss it if it's perfectly fine to eat. It tastes normal to me, but I'm not a fruit eater, so I wouldn't know...

Any thoughts on whether it's ok to feed it to my family?

TIA!
post #2 of 3
I think it's totally fine as long as you cut off the mold.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissinNYC View Post
I think it's totally fine as long as you cut off the mold.
Thanks!:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nutrition and Good Eating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Nutrition and Good Eating › Over ripe cantaloupe ok to eat?