or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 35

post #681 of 732
ALICE! I was stalking charts this morning... your's is looking BEAUTIFUL!!! : :

I voted on your poll by the way and picked CD18, due to the "wetness" factor. I am crossing my fingers so much and will be stalking you!!! :



I wonder where April is... it's been months since she has been on, hasn't it?
post #682 of 732
Thanks Jenifer, but I ain't pregnant, much as I wish I could still be hopeful. I think I O'd around CD18 too, and we didn't DTD anywhere NEAR then. In fact, that was the night I told my DH I thought I was o'ing soon and he said "too bad, I already have plans and am about to leave" and went to hang out with his friends : So, I have no hope for this cycle.

DH has an appt to get his testosterone checked on Monday. If it's low he'll start getting injections. I'm feeling pretty sure that it's low because he never wants to have sex. RARELY, anyway, and not nearly often enough to get pregnant.
post #683 of 732
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Thanks Jenifer, but I ain't pregnant, much as I wish I could still be hopeful. I think I O'd around CD18 too, and we didn't DTD anywhere NEAR then. In fact, that was the night I told my DH I thought I was o'ing soon and he said "too bad, I already have plans and am about to leave" and went to hang out with his friends : So, I have no hope for this cycle.

DH has an appt to get his testosterone checked on Monday. If it's low he'll start getting injections. I'm feeling pretty sure that it's low because he never wants to have sex. RARELY, anyway, and not nearly often enough to get pregnant.
Lol yeah gotta be something with testosterone. . If that was my husband he would have said screw the friends Lets get to it!! Lol. If he EVER doesnt want to BD I KNOW something is wrong physically and will have him checked right away cause that is NOT my husband. . Which is a good thing when TTC but Tires me out sometimes keeping up with him.
Hope you find something out from the test monday. Hopefully the Dr will be able to help him and you can get back to BD'ing more!!!
post #684 of 732
I'm doing well! I was sick but never threw up, so it wasn't as bad as many. I started feeling better a few days ago, so I think the worst is over. We also picked out a midwife and our first prenatal is today! I know it will mostly be talking, but I'm still excited. Not a whole lot is happening yet though. We've told pretty much everyone except dh's family (he doesn't want to tell them yet). It's fun looking at how much my baby is growing and knowing that it now has fingers and toes and no tail anymore.

Alice, I hope you get answers soon.
post #685 of 732
Oh Alice! I hope your hubby's libido picks up. That is an awfully insensitive thing to say. He could have been a few minutes late to his friends house! Men!


And there have been stories on here already with women who still got pregnant with DTD 5 days prior to O... but I hear you on not getting up hopes.

I thought your DH was taking the Maca with you? That is supposed to help with libido too... if not, would he be open to taking it?



s notyet It is fun looking up the developments take place huh? I found all the scientific stuff fascinating.
post #686 of 732
He was taking maca but it didn't seem to do anything even after months of use. He has always had a low sex drive but obviously when we're TTC it's much worse.

He acts all surprised when I get upset that he's not willing to DTD on demand like "hello, you knew I was like this when you married me" but Jesus, we're trying to conceive and I'm never going to get pregnant if he doesn't f-ing try harder or something. I don't know, if his testosterone levels turn out to be really low then obviously it is beyond his control. And to be fair, the few times he has tried to do it on demand, things didn't exactly work out if you know what I mean and he was really embarrassed and upset about it. So I think that's part of it.

It's just so incredibly discouraging. Oh, how I wish he was one of those guys that wants to do it all the time. This problem is making our TTC a million times harder. :
post #687 of 732


That is so hard... and you are right. It will make it ten times harder on him to make it work on demand when he is already upset/distraught about it.

Not that I am wishing there is something chemically off balance with your DH... but if it is low test. then at least there is something that can be done to help fix it, you know? So I will keep my fingers crossed that it will all work out and he can work better with you on the TTC path.
post #688 of 732
You guys feel to the third page!!
post #689 of 732
Thread Starter 
I have been kinda avoiding this board lately. I dunno why, I just get a little depressed when coming on here and seeing people complain about not being pregnant but yet they have/kinda normal cycles so they can try again soon. Me, 90 days cycles, 60 day cycles, 30days right now and no sign of O. . . I get depressed. We have been trying for 5 months but only had 2 cycles :
Sorry, Im just grouching
post #690 of 732
Mrscomp... I can totally totally relate to that. I had no cycles to go on when we were trying and it was miserable. I had no TWW... I had nothing going on and was freaking... It can be really scary and depressing. Be kind to yourself... it did help knowing I wasn't alone. And sometimes taking a step back to not obesess too much helped too.

I know it is likely hard hearing the advice coming from someone who is pregnant... but it was along road getting here. lol I got my BFP on cycle day 150!! :-O So yeah... I can relate and remember that roller coaster of miserable emotions during those 150 days.
post #691 of 732
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Mrscomp... I can totally totally relate to that. I had no cycles to go on when we were trying and it was miserable. I had no TWW... I had nothing going on and was freaking... It can be really scary and depressing. Be kind to yourself... it did help knowing I wasn't alone. And sometimes taking a step back to not obesess too much helped too.

I know it is likely hard hearing the advice coming from someone who is pregnant... but it was along road getting here. lol I got my BFP on cycle day 150!! :-O So yeah... I can relate and remember that roller coaster of miserable emotions during those 150 days.
Yes Difinetly Hard!! I get very depressed when I hear people complain about their cycles when they are 28-35 days long. . .Give me a break!! Talk to me when your cycles are over 3 months long!! :
I really am looking forward to my Dr appointment thursday. My Dr is going to talk to me about forms of Fertility Drugs and all. I am checking tomorrow with my dr and see if they can tell me if they already tested my thyroid and progesterone levels with the blood work a few months ago.
Plus my mom doesnt help matters, she has perfect 28 day long cycles. . So she has no sympathy. .
post #692 of 732
Another thing I'd personally request is an ultrasound of your ovaries... When my Mom's cycles went wonky when she was TTC us, she was skipping 1-2 months at time, very irregular. It turned out she had a cyst on her one ovary and it would cause it not to release an egg... she only had one working ovary, and they did not discover this until after she had my youngest sister...

So my Mom got pregnant three times and had beautiful healthy babies all on one working ovary.

So just keep the hope.
post #693 of 732
Thread Starter 
My cycles arent "going wonky" though. They have always been that way. So Im not worried about a cyst or anything suddenly showing up. Whatever is causing the weird cycles has been happening since I was 12. .
post #694 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I have been kinda avoiding this board lately. I dunno why, I just get a little depressed when coming on here and seeing people complain about not being pregnant but yet they have/kinda normal cycles so they can try again soon. Me, 90 days cycles, 60 day cycles, 30days right now and no sign of O. . . I get depressed. We have been trying for 5 months but only had 2 cycles :
Sorry, Im just grouching
I can relate. I have never had a "regular" cycle. I had my 1st when I was 13 then every few months af would show up. i was freaked out, so i started bc when i was 16 which "regulated" me (af every 28 days, but not not really normal). i took a break from mdc when i was struggling with accepting my 50 day cycles. right now I'm just trying to harmonize my body and be healthy.
post #695 of 732
Can I join? I am 29 and this is our first month of being more focussed at TTC. We were just really lucky with DD and didn't have to think about it, but now with conflicting schedules and a 2yo in bed it's going to take a little more planning. If we don't get a BFP this month I'll start charting, but this time we started counting days and strategically planning DTD. Last month's cycle was 26 days and this month we DTD at CD 10 and 12 (so far...it's CD13 today) so wish us luck!
post #696 of 732
Thread Starter 
Welcome!! I added you. Good luck to you! :
post #697 of 732
MRs. Comp Geek, I completely understand what you are saying, I have not had a cycle or period or anything since January.... It makes me feel horrible. I have a dr. appt today (a new doc) so I am hoping she finds something out or we move on to something, anything. At this point I will try the provera or clomid or something to get my cycles started again. Perhaps I should get an ultrasound too?
post #698 of 732
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
MRs. Comp Geek, I completely understand what you are saying, I have not had a cycle or period or anything since January.... It makes me feel horrible. I have a dr. appt today (a new doc) so I am hoping she finds something out or we move on to something, anything. At this point I will try the provera or clomid or something to get my cycles started again. Perhaps I should get an ultrasound too?
Well what your Dr will probably do is give you Provera first to start your cycle then give you Clomid to make you O. I am going to the Dr tomorrow to talk about fertility choices and what I can do. I am really wondering if I will be able to conceive on my own since My cycles have never been regular. I have always had hard, painful LONG cycles. So I am going to talk to the Dr and see my choices and then I will know what I can do.
On another note- I am very 'wet' this morning so maybe I will be O ing soon? I just checked it and its a tad bit stretchy, more wet than anything. So hopefully in a few days I will O. . . If I do O and dont end up pregnant this cycle I am willing to try Clomid or something for the next cycle.
post #699 of 732
I hope she offers me something at least.... (I am so depressed about this). Yesterday at the Dentist, the ladies who cleaned my teeth kept talking about how I am old to not have kids, since I live in the middle of nowhere's ville army town (I turn 26 next month). I said, "I am from Chicago originally and I am the only one of my friends to even be married!" I hide the fact that I really do want kids, like this is my choice....
post #700 of 732
Thread Starter 
Oh I know! I always cover it up when People say something about kids by saying something like, 'I dont need kids look at my husband, Hes a big kid' .But people dont realize how bad it hurts when they ask or say stuff like that. Which is why nobody but a few close friends of mine Know we are trying. I know they will pray for us and give me encouragement, not keep asking me stuff about it.
What ticks me off is my cousin got pregnant purely accidental, he is 3 now, but she wasnt married, drank the who first couple months, smoked the entire pregnancy and now has decided that she doesnt want any more children : I hate the fact that she can choose that. . She was even on BC when she got pregnant. :::
Sorry, Ill stop ranting now. .

BTW- Lauren let us know what you find out at the Dr today! Im anxiously waiting !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's