or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at Home and Beyond › Little Acorn Learning or Seasons of Joy??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Acorn Learning or Seasons of Joy?? - Page 2

post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
I can't find a web site for Little Acorn curriculum -- can anyone help
http://www.littleacornlearning.com/
post #22 of 51
thanks

:
post #23 of 51
are the info in them each year different? if I bought this years Sept from little acorns or autumn from SOJ would it be the same info as next years?
post #24 of 51
well i just ordered SOJ! : I think I'll get little acorns when ds is a bit older as well. Because I'm just a curriculum ho like that.
post #25 of 51
what are people thoughts on useing one or the other as a supplment to a more structured "book" curriculum as part of a "pick and choose" approach??
post #26 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Thanks! This really helped.

Im debating if I should purchase either. I have a 3 yr. old and a 10 yr. old and thought something like this would be good to get them both involved in something together.

All tho Seasons of Joy sounds great, I have a book shelf full of resources that I can pull from to make my own.
Little Acorn is sounding better in that it has weeks planned out. This is something I might need since we are coming down to the wire and I still have several weeks to plan.

I may purchase September and see how I like it
That's why we got Little Acorn. I have books of ideas but I am the type of person that needs it all laid out, or it doesn't get done (doh!) so I am super, super happy with the way it looks. Few more days until Monday :
post #27 of 51
I just purchased seasons of joy, I am so excited!! I may still get Little Acorn, though, I like the way it is all planned out for you.
post #28 of 51
Hi.

I am doing Little acorn this year and I love it! It is nice how it is laid out for you. WE may switch and do our circle time/daily activity in the afternoon becauase we like to get out of the house in the a.m. and go to parks, library, etc. So it is nice to be laid out, but also nice to be flexible. I also ordered their menu and this is going to help a ton!!! We started a yahoo group for moms doing little acorn...if you are interested here we are http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleAcornMamas/
post #29 of 51
When do you receive the autumn curriculum from seasons of joy? I just purchased it yesterday, but there was no indication of how I will receive it....
post #30 of 51
You'll get it via e-mail. Mine actually got delivered to my junk mail folder for some reason, so be sure to check there!
post #31 of 51
Thanks! I just got it, she actually sent it this morning!
post #32 of 51
Just to add another to the mix, I really like this one:
http://www.earthschooling.com
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthElde View Post
Just to add another to the mix, I really like this one:
http://www.earthschooling.com
i joined there mailing list which looks good but it didn't really say much about the product you would purchase... can you tell us something about it?
post #34 of 51
Could someone who has SOJ and LA advise me? I have a 7yo and 2yo, would this be too young for my 7yo?
Thanks!!
post #35 of 51
Well we've been doing Little Acorn for a few weeks now so I can give my review of it

I only have one "complaint" (if you'd even call it that). For us, there isn't enough ideas for the price. The ideas that are in there are wonderful and have been so much fun. My son loves it! But the circle-time doesn't take long and once we've read some books and done our nature walk there really is only one "activity" per day. Of course, that doesn't include the rhythm of the day (daily chores, etc) but if there were just a few more activities to do throughout the day, I'd be happier. It's $25 a month (give or take) so I do wish there was a little more for the money. Like I said though, the ideas in there are great, the curriculum itself is beautiful and it's very flexible and geared toward a wide range of ages.

I have a friend doing Seasons of Joy and apparently that one has much more material. Downside is you have to pick and choose what you want to do for the week (rather than having that done for you) but there are quite a few more ideas. What I will probably do is end up using both. I will probably use Little Acorn for our "core" (because I really love it) and then use SOJ as the supplement to add ideas where the other lacks.

I hope I was able to help. That's just my view of it all
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlife1219 View Post
Well we've been doing Little Acorn for a few weeks now so I can give my review of it

I only have one "complaint" (if you'd even call it that). For us, there isn't enough ideas for the price. The ideas that are in there are wonderful and have been so much fun. My son loves it! But the circle-time doesn't take long and once we've read some books and done our nature walk there really is only one "activity" per day. Of course, that doesn't include the rhythm of the day (daily chores, etc) but if there were just a few more activities to do throughout the day, I'd be happier. It's $25 a month (give or take) so I do wish there was a little more for the money. Like I said though, the ideas in there are great, the curriculum itself is beautiful and it's very flexible and geared toward a wide range of ages.

I have a friend doing Seasons of Joy and apparently that one has much more material. Downside is you have to pick and choose what you want to do for the week (rather than having that done for you) but there are quite a few more ideas. What I will probably do is end up using both. I will probably use Little Acorn for our "core" (because I really love it) and then use SOJ as the supplement to add ideas where the other lacks.

I hope I was able to help. That's just my view of it all
This is what I do as well. Little Acorn is our jumping off point or "core" and I use SOJ, and other Waldorf books: Earthways, Heaven on Earth, All Year Round, etc. as well as religious books/materials (we're Catholic) to fill in.
post #37 of 51
What is the approximate age range for both LA and SoJ?
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom View Post
Could someone who has SOJ and LA advise me? I have a 7yo and 2yo, would this be too young for my 7yo?
Thanks!!
I have a 7yo and a 2yo also and I just printed out LA's sample week. It looks like something my 7yo will definitely enjoy. I'm not sure about SOJ as I can't seem to find a sample. I may just purchase the whole thing and then use LA as an example of how to lay out my weeks. We're also using Oak Meadow with my 7yo for now, but I'd rather do Christopherus with her. I'm waiting until I can sell OM before I purchase Christopherus though.
post #39 of 51
well, if nothing else, this thread has given me MORE to think about!
post #40 of 51
so excited! I just ordered SOJ to try with my 2 year old. thanks for all of your input!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Learning at Home and Beyond
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at Home and Beyond › Little Acorn Learning or Seasons of Joy??