or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › August 2008 › Postpartum Birth Control
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Postpartum Birth Control - Page 4

post #61 of 74
Oh my goodness, after spending so much money on the sperm bank and so much time trying to plan my inseminations, I'm grateful to be reminded of the happy flip side of queer babymaking: no chance of me getting pregnant by accident!

Seriously, though, I do remember back in my youth, when my exposure to sperm was more, um, recreational, how much the bc thing stressed me out. I'm really thankful not to have to worry about this now.

Good luck to everyone in finding workable solutions!
post #62 of 74
Its actually more likely you will get pregnant right away if you aren't exclusively breastfeeding. I'd be a bit more careful from now on and hope for the best!
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Dang it! DP and I slipped up and DTD tonight without protection. So, I stopped bleeding about 3 days ago, I should be good right? I think it was the fact that I was mad at him all day, then he was gone all evening, came in and cooked dinner (gasp!). I didn't want to fight anymore so I figured I would give hime some "attention" and next thing I know, we're going at it. So here I am onthe computer and he's knocked out sleep.
Are you exclusively breastfeeding? If so, your chances of getting pregnant are pretty slim. Here's a link from La Leche League with more information.
post #64 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrodjm View Post
We will use withdrawal until my cycle get more regular then back to FAM. We used withdrawal for 6-7 cycles during fertile times before ttc with success. The first time we tried and intentionally didn't pull-out we concieved Natalie so I feel pretty confident using that methods again.
If done correctly, the withdrawal method can be 96% effective. I remember when I was a teen, everyone told me it didn't work. Then I met married couples who had used it successfully for years, and I research it some more.
post #65 of 74
We will use a diaphram before my cycles return to normal. Once they are back to normal we will use a NFP.

I am surprised that more women don't use a diaphram. They are simple and take no more planning/time than a condom, but without the barrier feeling.

Can't bring myself to do anything long term yet. This baby is so 'easy'. I wish my 2 1/2 yr old was as good. Someday he'll grow up and then we might want one more.

Good luck to everyone.
post #66 of 74
I think we will return to using a diaphram also. My concern about that is, how effective it it if you take it out right after dtd? I hate to leave it in any longer than necessary...but also don't think we want any more babies. I don't want to use any hormone type of bc and am not sure how I feel about dh getting a V either. (and I hate condoms) Ugghh. I hate dealing with this issue!
post #67 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by My*Scorpio View Post
If done correctly, the withdrawal method can be 96% effective. I remember when I was a teen, everyone told me it didn't work. Then I met married couples who had used it successfully for years, and I research it some more.
Yeah, I think the withdrawal rate and diaphragm is essentially the same.

I don't like the goop that goes in the diaphragm.
post #68 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post
Oh my goodness, after spending so much money on the sperm bank and so much time trying to plan my inseminations, I'm grateful to be reminded of the happy flip side of queer babymaking: no chance of me getting pregnant by accident!

Seriously, though, I do remember back in my youth, when my exposure to sperm was more, um, recreational, how much the bc thing stressed me out. I'm really thankful not to have to worry about this now.

Good luck to everyone in finding workable solutions!
Hi Angela! I been wondering how you were doing but I didn't want to interrupt your babymoon. Hope all is well with you both.
post #69 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Hi Angela! I been wondering how you were doing but I didn't want to interrupt your babymoon. Hope all is well with you both.
thanks monique! i'm well- just having trouble typing with one hand! but, i still read and check up on everyone.
post #70 of 74
Ì liked my diaphragm but I plan on loosing major weight now
so....

Also failure rates have me stumped..
Lets say you use withdrawl it fails 4% of the time in a one year period..
but if you got pregnant on it you are not going to use it again..
next year same batch of hypothetical people it fails 4% of the time..
in two years wouldn't that be 8%.....
post #71 of 74
Angela you are so darn lucky!

withdrawal method didn't work for us Roberto Carlos was a withdrawal method baby

diaphragm! good temporary solution!!! : thanks!!!
post #72 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennP View Post
I am surprised that more women don't use a diaphram. They are simple and take no more planning/time than a condom, but without the barrier feeling.
I'm not good at sticking things up my vagina and making them stay comfortably. Same reason I don't use the Nuva ring, Diva cup or Instead. I can get it up there but can't get it to sit right. Ever.
post #73 of 74
you have to spermicide with the diaphram, right? spermicide gives me a very uncomfortable rash and it burns.
post #74 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
you have to spermicide with the diaphram, right? spermicide gives me a very uncomfortable rash and it burns.
yes, you do. and it makes the diaphragm super slippery to try to get in. i shot mine across the room once. it was comical.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2008
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › August 2008 › Postpartum Birth Control