or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Earlyish September TWW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earlyish September TWW - Page 21

post #401 of 413
LimaBean ~ How did you tell your hubby about the BFP??? How did he react???

Can't wait to hear all about it! We're all on the edge of our seats - even if it's so we can live vicariously through you! LOL. (or is that just me???)

Don't forget to post your story in Zen's "BFP Testimonials" Sticky Thread so we can all drool over your BFP!

Congrats again, my dear. So happy for you!
post #402 of 413
Oh, Laurie, I'm sorry it wasn't a BFP for you...but sounds like right now it's all good! Next month, settled into your new job, BRING ON THE BFP!

So, I decided to visit DH at work. I called ahead in case he was not in the office - he was very busy but happy to know we would visit as he had not had lunch - could I bring some? So, DS and I swing by Tim Horton's on the way and got sandwiches. I put the First Response positive test inside his sandwich bag. DS handed him his sandwich in his office. Then he played with DS for a while - I think he was going to wait for us to leave before he ate!! So I subtly encouraged him to start eating...and he found the test! He said something like "Oh! Oh! Oh my. Oh, oh my." Hee! It was fun. We splurged and went out for dinner to celebrate.
I'm a little fearful as I've had several women in my life have miscarriages this past year...so I don't quite feel like this is a sure thing yet, y'know?
post #403 of 413
Lima, what a cool way to tell your DH! I'm so excited for you!!!

Laurie, I'm sorry it didn't work out this month, but it sounds like a good thing. I hope that if you are ready this next month that you get your BFP!

It's been so fun getting to know you ladies! Thanks for chatting so much with me!!!
post #404 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Oh, Laurie, I'm sorry it wasn't a BFP for you...but sounds like right now it's all good! Next month, settled into your new job, BRING ON THE BFP!

So, I decided to visit DH at work. I called ahead in case he was not in the office - he was very busy but happy to know we would visit as he had not had lunch - could I bring some? So, DS and I swing by Tim Horton's on the way and got sandwiches. I put the First Response positive test inside his sandwich bag. DS handed him his sandwich in his office. Then he played with DS for a while - I think he was going to wait for us to leave before he ate!! So I subtly encouraged him to start eating...and he found the test! He said something like "Oh! Oh! Oh my. Oh, oh my." Hee! It was fun. We splurged and went out for dinner to celebrate.
I'm a little fearful as I've had several women in my life have miscarriages this past year...so I don't quite feel like this is a sure thing yet, y'know?
OOohhhhhhh!!!! HOW FUN! What a cute story, too! I'll bet he was in shock for the rest of the day. So excited for you guys!

Have fun in the May 2009 Due Date Club ~ Hope to see you over in the "I'm Pregnant" Forums sometime soon!

Happy & Healthy 9 Months to you!!!
post #405 of 413
Okkkaaayyy... Hold the phone a minute.

I have one more thing to bug you girls with. :

I've pretty much been down for the count all day with cramps, a headache, and a fever.. which of course I didn't think twice about since my AF was so late.. I just sorta figured I'd be in for a doozey!!!

But now that I just went to the bathroom, I'm seeing lots of thick clotting. Like, LOTS of it.

?????????
post #406 of 413
Thanks Maxwill!

Laurie...hmm...that sounds pretty weird. Did you ever get that blood test? I wonder if you might want to at this point, just to know what's going on?
post #407 of 413
I know I'm a little late in the game, BUT-

:: Congratulations, Limabean!!! ::

I'm so happy for you! You have a baby bean!!
post #408 of 413
Thanks!
post #409 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD143 View Post
Okkkaaayyy... Hold the phone a minute.

I have one more thing to bug you girls with. :

I've pretty much been down for the count all day with cramps, a headache, and a fever.. which of course I didn't think twice about since my AF was so late.. I just sorta figured I'd be in for a doozey!!!

But now that I just went to the bathroom, I'm seeing lots of thick clotting. Like, LOTS of it.

?????????
That's EXACTLY how my AF is. I thought I was done with the really bad clotting and I'm not. I don't know...chemical pregnancy? That would be so sad, so I'm trying not to think about it. However, I've been pregnant 3 times and each time I *knew*. I really *knew* I was pregnant this time, too, but AF showed me I wasn't, so maybe I really did have a chemical pregnancy and you did too? Not to make you think bad thoughts, but I just don't think a really clotty period is normal, kwim? You should definately go get that blood test done to see what's up.
post #410 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Thanks Maxwill!

Laurie...hmm...that sounds pretty weird. Did you ever get that blood test? I wonder if you might want to at this point, just to know what's going on?
I never did the blood test because I got a BFN on a FRER with FMU. So I just figured that I defiitely wasn't pregnant and AF was just unusually late.

But now with the heavy clotting, I'm wondering if it wasn't a Chemical pregnancy...? I had really heavy clotting like this when I had a Chemical in March.

I thought about taking the blood test, but honestly at this point, I'm not sure it would really do me any good. For one, if there was any hcg left in my system, you'd think that a First Response ER test would pick it up at this point. So, if the First Response isn't even picking it up 5 days after my period was due, then I probably stopped producing the HCG a while ago... and whatever was left over is probably gone by now...
That's my thinking, anyway... I could be totally wrong.

Besides, even if it was a chemical pg, there really isn't anything I (or a Doctor) can do. And I seriously am OK with it. Not that it doesn't hurt a little... but if I wasn't charting & keeping an eye on my symptoms, I probably wouldn't even know that this happened and would've just thought it was a heavy period (like so many other women do). Plus - I didn't have to go thru the whole "BFP" and telling my hubby process... otherwise, I'd probably be devastated. But I didn't have to go through that, so it makes this a little easier to take.

I think I might post a thread and get some thoughts / advice from women who have experienced Chemical pregnancies and see if they think it could have been one...?

Sorry I'm being such a Debbie Downer!!!!
post #411 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
That's EXACTLY how my AF is. I thought I was done with the really bad clotting and I'm not. I don't know...chemical pregnancy? That would be so sad, so I'm trying not to think about it. However, I've been pregnant 3 times and each time I *knew*. I really *knew* I was pregnant this time, too, but AF showed me I wasn't, so maybe I really did have a chemical pregnancy and you did too? Not to make you think bad thoughts, but I just don't think a really clotty period is normal, kwim? You should definately go get that blood test done to see what's up.
Maxwill! We were totally on the same thought process.... I was typing that long post, and once I hit "submit reply", I got to read yours!

Have you ever had a chemical pg before??? I had one in March, but this time (assuming that this IS a chem) the symptoms aren't as severe. But then again, the symptoms in March were really bad. So bad that I thought there was something really wrong with me (aside from a pregnancy... I thought I could have been having an ectopic miscarriage, etc) and went to my Primary Care Physician who sent me to the lab immediately after seeing how swollen and distended my belly was. I literally looked like I was 4-5 months pregnant. My belly just "blew up" instantly. It was the weirdest thing.

How are you feeling? Are you OK? Just lot's of clotting? Or are you in a lot of pain on top of that?
post #412 of 413
I think I had a chemical pregnancy between my first two children. I had that same "feeling" that I was pregnant. I wasn't charting at all then, but I know my period was late. I never took a pregnancy test, though. I remember that it was a Teusday (I worked Mon-Wed) and I wanted to wait until the weekend and take a test when DH was home. But before the weekend I started with what I thought was AF. I had cramps, but not severe. My "AF" was really heavy and clotty. The second or third day into it I passed a huge clot (golf ball sized) and it was grayish/purple. I really think I had a miscarriage.

This time "AF" was heavy and of course, super clotty. I've had clots before, but they've always been red. These clots are grayish/purple. I did have one day this time that I had cramps so bad I was in tears and in bed. If I think about the fact that I could have been pregnant I'm sad, but just because I know DH and I are done trying right now. But really, if I did miscarry, it's for the best.

I hope that you're okay. I'd really like to see you pregnant soon! I'm off to bed, so if you reply I won't get back here until tomorrow. It's 10:15 and I get up at 4:30am so I have time to exercise, do my Bible reading/prayer time, take a shower, etc before the 3 monsters (and I say that lovingly) get up! Go have a beer or two (if you drink) and put your feet up. You deserve to, especially because you will be busy spelunking soon and starting your new job!
post #413 of 413
Laurie: A chemical pregnancy definitely sounds possible. But like you said, there is nothing that you or the doctor can do about it. I'm sorry if it is. On the bright side, I've read how some girls find that their body goes into hyper-drive after a miscarriage and they become super fertile the following month. Maybe next month is your month!! Hope you feel better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Earlyish September TWW