: Oh My WORD!!! Thank you for starting this and I am just so grateful that I found you!
I had an epiphany today that if I didn't get my house decluttered soon I would have a nervous breakdown!
We have been trying all summer to get organized but we are the King and Queen of stuff shifting. It goes up and down but never leaves my house......until today this weekend. We too are looking to put our home up for sale and well I would be too embarassed for anyone to walk through here at the moment.
I am in for 700 items though I will probably lose count, as it is I didn't count all the things I got rid of today but I will try to start tomorrow.
This is what I have done so far:
1. I have boxed up 4 huge boxes of clothes that I am bringing to Goodwill tomorrow.
2. I boxed up about 100 childrens books ( once upon a time I was a teacher and I have literally thousands of books, much more then my house allows for) that I am donating to my sons first grade teacher. She is a new teacher and I have already given her all my teacher books and many other reading books that are no longer age appropriate for my sons. We too are book people so that was HARD but honestly we still have too many.
3. A box of about 20 VHS tapes
4. I went through both my sons rooms and got rid of random lego pieces, old spy stuff that they never use, cards games that are missing too many cards, stuffed animals that have been stuffed in the closet far too long and about 10pairs of shoes that do not fit them anymore.
5. I cleaned off my computer deak and threw away tons of papers that I had no idea why I had them. Purged tons of old magazines.
6. Cleaned out under my cabinets and got rid of 4 serving platters and and ice cube tray
That's it for today,134/700
I love this thread and hope that it helps to motivate me. I have tried flylady on several occasions but never have time to read the emails!
You are all doing so amazing that it truly inspires and I LOVE the pictures, perhaps I should do that tomorrow to motivate myself?