or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!! - Page 4

post #61 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
::: Whoooo hooo!!! Another May Baby for you!!!! :::
post #62 of 111
Wow, how exciting! txbikegrrl is on that list too - wasn't/isn't she in our DDC?
post #63 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
Wow, how exciting! txbikegrrl is on that list too - wasn't/isn't she in our DDC?
Hey, you're right! cool.
post #64 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxi View Post
This sounds like anemia to me. Our DS has a blood disorder and we were told to watch for these symptoms because they're signs of low hemoglobin (anemia).
Thank you for sharing! A while ago I posted on another board that I was concerned he bruised easily (after this bruise came up under his eye after no trauma) and several people brought up anemia. Maybe I will see if the pedi will test his iron at our next WBV. Thank you again


: Kristen! Congrats!
Is it also ok for me to say that I will be thinking positive thoughts for you to have an easy birth? You deserve to have a magic baby who just teleports out when s/he's ready.
post #65 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Thank you for sharing! A while ago I posted on another board that I was concerned he bruised easily (after this bruise came up under his eye after no trauma) and several people brought up anemia. Maybe I will see if the pedi will test his iron at our next WBV. Thank you again
Are the whites of his eyes really that white? You might want to take him in sooner, the next visit is 18 months isn't it?

Quote:
: Kristen! Congrats!
Is it also ok for me to say that I will be thinking positive thoughts for you to have an easy birth? You deserve to have a magic baby who just teleports out when s/he's ready.
Thanks, yes you can certainly keep that thought for me! We can always hope!
post #66 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Are the whites of his eyes really that white? You might want to take him in sooner, the next visit is 18 months isn't it?
. . .
Thanks, yes you can certainly keep that thought for me! We can always hope!
Yes the whites are that white. Is that sign too ? We actually missed the 12 month apt (it was set for August) because of the craziness of moving my calender was packed and my home phone was disconnected. I'll schedule an appt tomorrow.

Well, you might remember my story. My first was 72 hours ROM and 60 hours labor. Mickey was just 12. I didn't have a cesarean though so I didn't have to consider the to VBAC or not to VBAC thing. Good luck
post #67 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Congratulations how very exciting. : May is a good time too.

Well my dh has been on strike for almost a month now. We have no income coming in which that is getting pretty scary. John works a ton of hours. He goes to work at 4 am 6-7 days a week and he is gone until dinner time or so. He is a very hands on father though despite the insane hours. So he has been home like I said for almost a month. Friday he had strike duty for 5 hours and Miss Maggie was very upset that her daddy was not at home when she woke up. She begged to see him for a couple of hours so I had to take her over to the picket line so she could get her daddy fix. I have no idea what she is going to do when he goes back to work.
post #68 of 111


Hi ladies, its been a long time! I've been unable to keep up w/ the long threads and seeing several pages just overwhelmed me too much.

CONGRATS Kristen!!!!!:::: That is so exciting!! Another May baby!

Laura, I hope that Mickey is doing OK. I'd get him checked out too since that is one of the signs I look for when I start to feel a bit anemic.

Elise is doing very well. She is almost 17mths! I just can't believe it! She is so much fun. She talks all the time! I think she has about 50 words but I've never really counted. Her new word is "No, No, Mommy!" And while saying it she will shake her little finger! Its so funny. She LOVES music and dances all the time. Sheis still nursing a lot and I don't see her weaning anytime soon which is just fine with me. DH & I finally set up her crib in a side car and she LOVES it!! I think she loves having her own space. She also loves to eat and will try anything. She keeps us laughing!

In other news DH left for a 7 1/2 mth deployment 2 weeks ago so things have been hard at our house. The girls and I are doing better but its still hard w/out him around.

I hope to be better in keeping updated and in touch now.
post #69 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Yes the whites are that white. Is that sign too ? We actually missed the 12 month apt (it was set for August) because of the craziness of moving my calender was packed and my home phone was disconnected. I'll schedule an appt tomorrow.
Yes, that's another sign of anemia. And long term anemia in children can lead to learning deficiencies so I'd get it checked out.

Quote:
Well, you might remember my story. My first was 72 hours ROM and 60 hours labor. Mickey was just 12. I didn't have a cesarean though so I didn't have to consider the to VBAC or not to VBAC thing. Good luck
Oh, no consideration here, it'll be a VBAC unless something goes seriously wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Well my dh has been on strike for almost a month now. We have no income coming in which that is getting pretty scary. John works a ton of hours. He goes to work at 4 am 6-7 days a week and he is gone until dinner time or so. He is a very hands on father though despite the insane hours. So he has been home like I said for almost a month. Friday he had strike duty for 5 hours and Miss Maggie was very upset that her daddy was not at home when she woke up. She begged to see him for a couple of hours so I had to take her over to the picket line so she could get her daddy fix. I have no idea what she is going to do when he goes back to work.
Sorry to hear that your DH is off work. The financial repercussions of me not working is starting to hit us here. I have a job interview on Wed morning, hopefully I get it! It's no fun to be stressed financially.

Maggie is not the only one super attached to daddy. kayleigh has learned to sign "work" and is always asking for daddy or asking if he is at work. She loves him to bits and they sit and watch UFC fights on the computer a lot. It's the only "tv" that she watches and mostly she explores his desk or cuddles with him. So cute.
post #70 of 111
Congrats, Kristen! Yay! :

This morning, the first thing Elisabeth said was "Daddy?"

Michelle, I'll be thinking of you, I cannot imagine. I hate it when is gone one night!

I started a natural mamas group, and we had a picnic for our kick-off, five people and one family came! I had been in contact with most of them, my 's chiro's partner came and invited a gal I didn't know, and the family just saw our flyer in the local grocery store! It was pretty exciting!

We're going to meet twice a month, and I'm not sure if we're just going to hang out, or if I should do some sort of short 'talk' each time on something. Kinda like the LaLeche League meetings? But I've never been to one, so I don't know! So any suggestions are welcome. We are going to have another BWing class later. Hmm, I could show the Co-sleeping webinar maybe, since it downloadable now. but that might get long. duh, I can break it up. We are trying to make the meetings child-friendly.
post #71 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post

Congrats Mama!
post #72 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Mickey seems fine today , I don't really know what the heck was happening, but I'm glad it's over

He started saying a new word "dognabbit"--thank you mom

My house is officially on the market. I hope it sells quickly :
What would you think if a house you were looking at had terra cotta colored walls in the kitchen?
my child (4) was having blue mouth spells. we took him to the cardiologist because I couldn't figure it out and it kept happening. if little one is really light it is usually just the temperature change that causes it. and if he was sleeping a bit cool and not breathing real well it can make that happen.

terra cotta kitchen makes me thing bread and warm
post #73 of 111
yay kristen on the +. may babies are great! ( i have 2)
thanks for the happy birthdays guys. im still recovering from oral/sinus surgery and it seems like i just can't get out from under it.
happy birthday to all of my fellow virgos!

dh and I are in the market for a new home, our OWN home. I want somewhere with good special needs, decent living space, and a nice yard. must be able to have a garden since i survive on canned and frozen garden stuff all winter.

i have some great new pictures of nate and the boys on my blog. including a recipe for pumpkin butter! yummy. one batch made 8 jars and they are all gone in less than a week. it makesme feel good to give my family things from my garden.
good luck to you ladies selling houses

nate is such a love bug. I can hardly stand it. it is almost as though he wants to kiss us to death. then he gets excited and bites us like he just wants to eat us. i just adore his personality. he seems to have outgrown his hitting phase thank god. he makes some obnoxious noises including a screech and some kind of sucking in wind pig being slaughtered kind of noise

the car seat is teathered in the back aas well as the front of the seat. it doesnt move more than an inch really...is that bad should i loosen it to make it move more? he seems ok back there most of the time these days.
post #74 of 111
Yeah for more May babies! Congrats!

I finally found this thread and I'm jumping back in. Clay is 16 months now, walking a lot, talking a little, whining a fair amount

I'm so happy to hear about how all your babies (toddlers now I guess, but I still call him a baby) are doing. I'm off to catch up on the thread more.
post #75 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

the car seat is teathered in the back aas well as the front of the seat. it doesnt move more than an inch really...is that bad should i loosen it to make it move more? he seems ok back there most of the time these days.
It absolutely needs to move less than an inch--good job and as long as your carseat allows RF tethering you're there too (Britax and Radian are the only ones I can think of that allow it). That RF tethering will also help with the rebound effect we talked about earlier

Actually, after all that talk I switched my seats around so Mickey was in a seat that tethers RF. He was in a Safety 1st uptown before and it didn't allow for tethering RF. I feel better about it even though I know that they both pass testing the way they are. He seems to like the angle better too. That uptown was wicked upright
post #76 of 111
I couldn't get a hold of the pedi today , but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'd like to get him in for an appt before the end of the week.

Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
post #77 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
Super climber here! It's an everyday occurrance for me to run into a room to Akasha dancing on top of a table. Ugh! She's always bumped up but it doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a little dare devil.
post #78 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I couldn't get a hold of the pedi today , but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'd like to get him in for an appt before the end of the week.

Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
nate climbs EVERYTHING!!! table, chairs, me, walls, the bed, stairs, tha radiators. he just doesn't stop. mostly I allow it unless it's really scary
post #79 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Super climber here! It's an everyday occurrance for me to run into a room to Akasha dancing on top of a table. Ugh! She's always bumped up but it doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a little dare devil.
Sebastian too! He climbs up and over everything. Over the couch, onto the chairs and tables, up the stairs. The other day I couldn't get him to stop climbing on my MIL's kitchen table and walking around on it and dancing on it! :
post #80 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post

Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
We have a climber here too. He pushes the kitchen chairs around too. I'm constantly pulling him off the kitchen table I would love some suggestions too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!!