or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!! - Page 5

post #81 of 111
No ideas for climbing - we are quickly learning to keep full cups off the part of the counter that Henry climbs on. The worst is when he climbs onto the counter and then gets into his clip-on seat. It scares me half to death.

I got my hair cut short and I love it.

Henry seems to be working on his two year molars. He has had all his other teeth for a while. Here's a pic of him from last month. Here's one of both my kids.
post #82 of 111
Hey, I had that same hair-cut for a long time! looks nice Mine is super long now because i grew it out for the wedding. I'll be getting it cut once we have some spendable money, so... not any time soon!

When it rains it pours in the work department. *sigh* I have a job interview tomorrow. If I get it I will have to hide that I am pregnant for at least a few weeks until I settle in. Not a happy thought for me. Oh well. Then I have tutoring and contract work coming out my ears. My taxes are going to be aweful to do this year! And this all after having NO work what-so-ever for 6-8 weeks. Yikes. Going to be a busy fall. DD and I are signed up for parent and tot gymnastics on Thursdays and Aquafit on Mondays. (I think the Aquafit is going to get cancelled though because it doesn't have enough participants.)

ETA: Oh, and here's a bunch of pics of my kids and a few friends.
post #83 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
DS is a huge climber. Our coffee table is low enough he can now get up there without any help. He uses a lot of his toys as step stools. If I am sitting right in front of the couch he will climb on top of me to get on the couch. His shoes digging into my chest is not the most pleasant feeling! Here are a few pics of our most recent climbing pictures. One and two.

Christopher still doesn't say much of anything beyond babbling. It gets a little frustrating at times. He understands and follows simple directions, he'll wave and blow kisses whenever we leave anywhere, but won't say anything. I'm sure most of the tantrums he has is because I am not understanding what he wants.
post #84 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
DS is a huge climber. Here are a few pics of our most recent climbing pictures. One and two.


that looks familiar!

post #85 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I love it, it looks fabulous!
post #86 of 111
Emily, your hair looks great! I love it.

Mine is really long right now (which dh likes) but I am toying with doing something else with it. I like it long but I always want something a bit more fashionable than the plain jane look I feel I have with my hair long. A homeschool dad at a fancy SoHo salon offered me a cheap cut and color (if I want it) and I think I might take him up on it. Anyone got any long cuts they love?
post #87 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynDoula View Post

Mine is really long right now (which dh likes) but I am toying with doing something else with it. I like it long but I always want something a bit more fashionable than the plain jane look I feel I have with my hair long. A homeschool dad at a fancy SoHo salon offered me a cheap cut and color (if I want it) and I think I might take him up on it. Anyone got any long cuts they love?
I'd take him up on it too.

I am also in desperate need of a hair style change. Mine is just long and strait and I'm ready for a change.. nothing too drastic but it's time. I keep having dreams of getting my hair cut super short.. which I am slightly afraid of!
post #88 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I'd take him up on it too.

I am also in desperate need of a hair style change. Mine is just long and strait and I'm ready for a change.. nothing too drastic but it's time. I keep having dreams of getting my hair cut super short.. which I am slightly afraid of!

cutting off all your hair is scary... but it feels fantastic! I did it two weeks after my wedding a few years ago.
btw emily you look GREAT!
post #89 of 111
Emily,

You look GREAT!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my short hair. I used to have really long hair, down the middle of my back. Then it kept getting shorter and shorter. After our 2nd DD it got REALLY short. Its grown out a bit and now its kinda of a bob.

Kristen how did your interview go?
post #90 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Kristen how did your interview go?
It went well. Pay is not great, but better than the "nothing" I am earning right now (actually, that's not true, I'm quite busy, just at the wrong time of day!).

I'm a little concerned about daycare. Tomorrow I have a teenager coming over to meet with us, then I'm headed to work and dropping DD at the daycare where she's been a couple of times. She cried the last time I left her there, the whole time I was gone If she doesn't settle in quickly I'm going to have to explore other options pretty seriously. I like them, she is studying montessori and they have two girls of their own and are like-minded in the way they parent thier kids. BUT, if there is some reason that DD cries when I leave her there, well, I just can't do it! I used to leave her with a different sitter and when I dropped her off there she would wave and run off still in her coat and shoes to play. *sigh*
post #91 of 111
I apologize...this is totally unrelated to anything anyone has posted here, but my dd was born in May '07 as well...can I join your discussion? You've all had SUCH age-relevant things to say!!! Sorry if that's a silly question--I'm still new
post #92 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
It went well. Pay is not great, but better than the "nothing" I am earning right now (actually, that's not true, I'm quite busy, just at the wrong time of day!).

I'm a little concerned about daycare. Tomorrow I have a teenager coming over to meet with us, then I'm headed to work and dropping DD at the daycare where she's been a couple of times. She cried the last time I left her there, the whole time I was gone If she doesn't settle in quickly I'm going to have to explore other options pretty seriously. I like them, she is studying montessori and they have two girls of their own and are like-minded in the way they parent thier kids. BUT, if there is some reason that DD cries when I leave her there, well, I just can't do it! I used to leave her with a different sitter and when I dropped her off there she would wave and run off still in her coat and shoes to play. *sigh*
CONGRATS on getting the job!!! Your pay can always go up right!

about the daycare. I hope that you are able to find a good solution for it and that you are both happy. Its so tough when our little ones are not happy.
Good luck sweetie!
post #93 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom View Post
I apologize...this is totally unrelated to anything anyone has posted here, but my dd was born in May '07 as well...can I join your discussion? You've all had SUCH age-relevant things to say!!! Sorry if that's a silly question--I'm still new
to our little group! Jump right in!
post #94 of 111
Emily - my quote didn't work - but I LOVE your hair! Its stunning on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom View Post
I apologize...this is totally unrelated to anything anyone has posted here, but my dd was born in May '07 as well...can I join your discussion? You've all had SUCH age-relevant things to say!!! Sorry if that's a silly question--I'm still new
Welcome! Jump right in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
It went well. Pay is not great, but better than the "nothing" I am earning right now (actually, that's not true, I'm quite busy, just at the wrong time of day!).

I'm a little concerned about daycare. .... If she doesn't settle in quickly I'm going to have to explore other options pretty seriously. I like them, she is studying montessori and they have two girls of their own and are like-minded in the way they parent thier kids. BUT, if there is some reason that DD cries when I leave her there, well, I just can't do it! I used to leave her with a different sitter and when I dropped her off there she would wave and run off still in her coat and shoes to play. *sigh*
Hugs! It could just be age related. I know my kids have hard a harder time at daycare when they were 12-18 months. Because they seem to understand more that they are away from mom/dad. KWIM? I had to start working when my son was 11-12 months old and we had a rough few weeks at daycare - but I worked there, so I knew it was a safe place.


We are totally into climbing here too. My goodness, my little girl can climb!

How is everyone doing with nursing? I think I read a couple months back tha a few had weaned. I'm starting to get uncomfortable nursing Emma in public. Like all of a sudden, I realized that she's getting big. My friends (from my AP group) think its normal to stop nursing in public at a certain point - but I'm still struggling. Thoughts?
post #95 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom View Post
I apologize...this is totally unrelated to anything anyone has posted here, but my dd was born in May '07 as well...can I join your discussion? You've all had SUCH age-relevant things to say!!! Sorry if that's a silly question--I'm still new
Hi.. welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
How is everyone doing with nursing? I think I read a couple months back tha a few had weaned. I'm starting to get uncomfortable nursing Emma in public. Like all of a sudden, I realized that she's getting big. My friends (from my AP group) think its normal to stop nursing in public at a certain point - but I'm still struggling. Thoughts?
We are still nursing all the time. In fact I am nak-ing right now! In public, I think I cared more when he turned a year, but lately I've NIP without a second thought.
post #96 of 111
I am still nursing Clay and we nurse in public. I nursed August until 3, so I imagine this will be similar.
post #97 of 111
We're still nursing anywhere and everywhere. Though I wish less of it took place in the wee hours of the morning in the family bed.
post #98 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
CONGRATS on getting the job!!! Your pay can always go up right!

about the daycare. I hope that you are able to find a good solution for it and that you are both happy. Its so tough when our little ones are not happy.
Good luck sweetie!
Oh I haven't actually GOT the job yet!
In fact, having thought about it more, I'm not really sure that I want it. I have 7 students right now for my tutoring and that actually pays not too badly and another mom friend of mine with a slightly older boy is looking for work right now, and therefore daycare. If it works out maybe I'll do daycare for her and that will solve problems for both of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
Hugs! It could just be age related. I know my kids have hard a harder time at daycare when they were 12-18 months. Because they seem to understand more that they are away from mom/dad. KWIM? I had to start working when my son was 11-12 months old and we had a rough few weeks at daycare - but I worked there, so I knew it was a safe place.
Today went better. She was a bit timid when I dropped her off, but she was playing happily when I left and I told her that I was going to work (in words and sign, which I think helped her to understand because she's really grasped the concept of work meaning that we come home after). When I picked her up she dragged me around showing me where her bag was and what she was playing with and was happy. SO, much better. Next time is for 4 hours instead of 2 hrs, so I hope it continues to get better.


Quote:
How is everyone doing with nursing? I think I read a couple months back tha a few had weaned. I'm starting to get uncomfortable nursing Emma in public. Like all of a sudden, I realized that she's getting big. My friends (from my AP group) think its normal to stop nursing in public at a certain point - but I'm still struggling. Thoughts?
We are still nursing, though not as much in public any more. Not because I don't want to, but more because she doesn't ask. Sometimes she asks at inopportune moments (like in the middle of our gymnastics class today) and I say no and put her off until later. Most days she is only nursing before and after bed and nap and once in a while once in the mid-morning and once in the mid-afternoon, but she's not been asking for those lately.
post #99 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Oh I haven't actually GOT the job yet!
In fact, having thought about it more, I'm not really sure that I want it. I have 7 students right now for my tutoring and that actually pays not too badly and another mom friend of mine with a slightly older boy is looking for work right now, and therefore daycare. If it works out maybe I'll do daycare for her and that will solve problems for both of us!



Today went better. She was a bit timid when I dropped her off, but she was playing happily when I left and I told her that I was going to work (in words and sign, which I think helped her to understand because she's really grasped the concept of work meaning that we come home after). When I picked her up she dragged me around showing me where her bag was and what she was playing with and was happy. SO, much better. Next time is for 4 hours instead of 2 hrs, so I hope it continues to get better.

Ah OK, I understand now. That would be an AWESOME situation for you and your friend. I hope that whatever you decided to do that you will both be happy.

I'm soooooo glad to hear that she did so much better today at daycare! That is so great! Makes it so much easier!
post #100 of 111
As for nursing. We are still nursing anywhere and everywhere she needs too. Although, we don't nurse in public very often but its just b/c she doesn't ask. But I have no problem nursing her when she needs to when she needs too.

I nursed DD2 in public until she was about 2 1/2 almost 3 and that was b/c she started only nursing to sleep.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~~ May 2007 Mamas & Toddlers ~~ It's September!!