or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

September is here, PDX Mamas! - Page 5

post #81 of 1788
Thread Starter 
OH! Yeah, Beth! Duh, of course you can come to my house to do laundry. LMK when. You can pick up some grapes while you're here. I think they're days away from being ready.
post #82 of 1788
Hey Look people who need freezers . . . http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/824115667.html
post #83 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyncyn View Post
Subbing at last! It's been a crazy summer so I've missed you all. I've quit my day job so hopefully will have a bit less stress (and maybe more time) now that I am "just" running ZBG.

Gigi's first day of k is Thursday...can't believe the time has flown by. We are feeling weird about it : I need a car & driver though - anyone in N. PDX want to pick up my dd at school in the afternoon and deliver her to ZBG? Paying $5 day, up to $100 a month...

I love September and all of fall really. My 16 year wedding anniversary is coming up later this month.

hope I can keep up...
Hi Cynthia! I am glad everything is working out at zoom. It's nice to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Hey Look people who need freezers . . . http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/824115667.html
We could use a new freezer. Ours was used when we bought it 10 years ago. It's still chugging though so it's not at the top of my priority list.
post #84 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
You can come to my house
How many washing machines do you have?

No talking, only packing.
post #85 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
How many washing machines do you have?

No talking, only packing.
Just one but I don't do laundry every day. Especially since we are out of diapers : You could definitely come and use if it necessary.
post #86 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Just one but I don't do laundry every day. Especially since we are out of diapers : You could definitely come and use if it necessary.
Thanks. You misunderstand me, though. We have a washing machine, it's just small and there's no dryer. So, if I'm behind, it's simpler to just go to the laundromat, shove everything in 2 big machines, and be out of there in a little over an hour with clean laundry. Especially with big duvets and stuff, sometimes it's worth it.

Anyway, I'm touched that some of you would welcome me and my laundry. Youse guys are so nice. :
post #87 of 1788
i would enjoy meeting you all for coffee in the a.m. (if it isn't too early...-i have yet to meet most of you-if you are up for another mama & 5 y.o., that is. where is it again you all are meeting? except for UG the only coffee places i know (which aren't many, i am slack and stay in my neighborhood for the most part LOL) aren't too kid friendly.
i dry my clothes on hangers, some on a tiny line outside my back patio door and some in an open closet, far apart from each other, and others on towel racks, chairs, whatnot. i have needed to buy one of those folding type clothes dryers for a few years or so but have yet to do it
post #88 of 1788
Anyone who can see the western horizon, now is a good time to look at it.
post #89 of 1788
Thread Starter 
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :



And the frame is just fine! And cheaper than the one we'd picked out. Just two hours of assembly time, and viola: The Biggest Bed Ever!!! And I got to pull out all the king sized bedding I'd bought on 60% off clearance 6 months ago, back when a king bed was just a pipe dream. Before we even had a house. Yay!
post #90 of 1788
Thread Starter 
Where's Hedy????


Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
i would enjoy meeting you all for coffee in the a.m. (if it isn't too early...-i have yet to meet most of you-if you are up for another mama & 5 y.o., that is. where is it again you all are meeting? except for UG the only coffee places i know (which aren't many, i am slack and stay in my neighborhood for the most part LOL) aren't too kid friendly.
i dry my clothes on hangers, some on a tiny line outside my back patio door and some in an open closet, far apart from each other, and others on towel racks, chairs, whatnot. i have needed to buy one of those folding type clothes dryers for a few years or so but have yet to do it
You're SE aren't you? This CS is in your area; 39th and Gladstone st. We were all meeting at 10.
post #91 of 1788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Anyone who can see the western horizon, now is a good time to look at it.
Nice. But I prefer sunset's with clouds.
post #92 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Where's Hedy????




You're SE aren't you? This CS is in your area; 39th and Gladstone st. We were all meeting at 10.
wasn't she in Eugene this weekend? hmm...i will try to get in touch w/her.
yep, i am, off of Division! so the corner of 39th & Gladstone? woohoo! 10 sounds good.
post #93 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Nice. But I prefer sunset's with clouds.
But did you see the moon?
post #94 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
I am so happy for you and jealous of you . . .


Hey

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for a chocolate layer cake with frosting that will come out moist and delicious and doesn't require any advanced baking utensils or skills?

Thanks!

Off to check Martha Stewart in the meantime.
post #95 of 1788
it was beautiful. we saw it aas we were driving back from BFE to get milk and pick fruit off her trees.
sweet sweet mama, cute kids, yummy plums.
post #96 of 1788
oh and Sara, welcome to the King Club!
i need more sheets, next time you see them on sale lemme know.
post #97 of 1788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
But did you see the moon?
Awe, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
oh and Sara, welcome to the King Club!
i need more sheets, next time you see them on sale lemme know.
Thanks! Will do; but I'm pretty sure Freddy's is having massive clearance sales again.
post #98 of 1788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
I am so happy for you and jealous of you . . .


Hey

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for a chocolate layer cake with frosting that will come out moist and delicious and doesn't require any advanced baking utensils or skills?

Thanks!

Off to check Martha Stewart in the meantime.
This is the one I made for Nico's birthday. I believe you liked it:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=22086.0

Frosting: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6441.0
post #99 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
Friday I will be alone with him. IF I can drive by then, anyone want to play in the morning at a park or OMSI or such?
Me me me!! Or if you can't drive, we can go to the park by your house, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :
Congratulations! I don't know how you've made it this far without one...
post #100 of 1788
I'm completely exhausted. Beach trip was awful. That is all for now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho