or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Washington, Oregon, Idaho › September in the Suburbs ~westsiiiiiiiide chattin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

September in the Suburbs ~westsiiiiiiiide chattin - Page 3

post #41 of 151
Sorry, real quickie post here, Kate:

http://birthingway.org/student-postpartum-doulas.html

Also, bellywomen.net has PP doulas at low or no cost.
post #42 of 151
Thanks Nicole! I sent a few emails so I hope someone can help. The ones on bellywomen all seem like they were posted years ago, and I posted a need a pp doula ad on there before S. had the baby.
post #43 of 151
hey mamas!

I finally started my externship at Tanasbourne Family Medicine yesterday.
I'm only getting 6 hours a day so it'll probably stretch for 5 and a half weeks cuz I need 160 hours before I can graduate and look for a job.

Anyway,We also went to Sil's wedding this past weekend. It was an incredibly stressful and exhausting weekend. Amira was supposed to be in the wedding but she was too tired and cranky. she couldn't even sit through pictures. she had a hard time sleeping and staying asleep at the hotel. well, I'm glad it's over now though and now I can focus on getting our groove back. I guess, I'll be chatting a bit more in the mornings too cuz I can't come to playdates anymore for a while.

Man, oh man, was it emotionally tough to be away from Amira for so long yesterday. I already feel a tremendous amount of guilt.
but it helps that I know she is in good hands.

Kate, I hope you find some one for your niece. It's so sweet of you to be there for her. I know, I would have so appreciated that when Amira was just born.

Lisa, Hope the move's going as smooth as possible.
post #44 of 151
New Babywatch Thread.

And a new baby
post #45 of 151
Kate. Just checked out Bellywomen. There definitely is a severe lacking of PP doulas on there! Wacky. Sorry, I thought they would be a better resource.

I hope you're able to connect with someone from Birthingway! Sorry to hear that she's having difficulty. I'm glad she has your support! Having a new baby is hard work, for sure.

Lisa, I hope your move is going smoothly. Where did you guys choose to move, again? I think I missed that post.

Marian, good luck with your work. I know how hard it is being away. Good thing it's pretty close by your home!

Hope everyone's having a nice week so far!
post #46 of 151
Grudgingly.. I need a dentist. Sigh. I got a filling between two teeth that made it so tight, its a battle to floss there. I complained about it to the next dentist I was at (I switched because the original dentist was SOO rough) and was pretty much blown off and shown flossing "technique". Well, using their special "technique" I got the dang floss stuck and broke off a piece of the filling trying to get it out. Grrrr!!!! I now have to get up and floss halfway through meals because it hurts so bad when tons of food gets compressed into it. I'd chew on the other side, except there's another painful tooth there so I'm sure I have yet another cavity. Joy. Anyway. I'm mostly whining. I hate going to the dentist so so much but its either that or suffer.

Anyway. Ideally, I'd like to find a dentist that has one of those neato movie headset things. Since I can't have the gas, I gotta have something to make it more bearable! And, I need someone who is really, *really* gentle. I have the most sensitive teeth. Cleanings hurt like crazy. rough dentist that did my crappy filling used this thing that felt like he was blowing shards of glass at my gums with a leaf blower. The one that thought they'd show me flossing "technique" used this freaky vibrating metal stick to..idk, shake the plaque off or something? Swore it wouldn't hurt. I told her it would, indeed, hurt. All was well until she hit a sensitive spot and I about jumped out of the chair and smacked her. I really hate having people mucking around in my mouth : and I'm slow to trust people in there! I've been burned way too many times by rough dentists. So... any good dentists here? Oh yeah, and mercury free, course
post #47 of 151
Rachel, your experience with dentists sounds awful! I really like Green Apple Dentists -- http://www.greenappledental.com/

I actually have to call them today for my 6 month appointment!
post #48 of 151
Does anyone go to Ananda for group meditation? I'm kinda interested in going, but nervous, since I've never gone before, or to any type of group meditation, for that matter.
post #49 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Rachel, your experience with dentists sounds awful! I really like Green Apple Dentists -- http://www.greenappledental.com/

I actually have to call them today for my 6 month appointment!
Ooohhh... that place DOES sound nice! We're just barely getting our dental insurance set up so as soon as dh hears back about the exact date it goes into effect, I'll be calling!
post #50 of 151
x-posted a few places...

CALL FOR FOOD FOR FORSYTHIA (Nicole) & FAMILY

Anyone interested can email me at closethippiegeek at gmail dot com. See Amy's prior post for details. I can take food out to their house from any west side folks. Email to coordinate a pick up/drop off.

Thanks, mamas!

~claudia
post #51 of 151
Hi, Claudia!
post #52 of 151
OK, so
HI!!!
everyone! I've been kinda lyin' low (I see I'm not the only one -- anyone else heard the crickets recently?), because I've been absorbed in a few things I didn't really want to talk about, and didn't want to talk without talking (if that made any sense), but...

I'm goin' to the Oregon School of Massage. Tonight we go sign all the paperwork, accrue a massive amount of debt, sign up for classes, etc, ad nauseum. I'm a little freaked out right now, 'cause it's HUGE, but also really, really excited, 'cause it's something I've wanted to do for a really long time. Eeek!

So, enough silence from me. My goal's gonna be to actually start posting, instead of just reading, even if it takes me an hour per sentence, hitting keys one at a time, between fending off :, I mean, playing with : the toddler.
post #53 of 151
ARWYN!!! missed you round here.
wow thats soooo exciting!!! :
if you ever need a model.. you know i am always available for you
we miss you guys.
alot.
post #54 of 151
So why don't you ever come over??? You KNOW you have a standing invitation! We've asked you to name the evening repeatedly! COME! (Not tonight )
post #55 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
OK, so
HI!!!
I'm goin' to the Oregon School of Massage. Tonight we go sign all the paperwork, accrue a massive amount of debt, sign up for classes, etc, ad nauseum. I'm a little freaked out right now, 'cause it's HUGE, but also really, really excited, 'cause it's something I've wanted to do for a really long time. Eeek!
Have fun! My hubby graduated last year from Ashmead and loved it. Good luck!

We have our 20 week (at 23 weeks...) ultrasound today!!! And we are hoping to find out the sex....so fingers crossed Split Pea isn't too shy!
post #56 of 151
maybe we can drop by on sunday or monday wher we are out and about. we miss you three like mad crazy, but timing just SUCKS and we dont want to just burst in on you.
post #57 of 151
Went to a sand and water park in Sherwood that I didn't even know existed today! What a great idea for kids. Ciara and Oliver had a BLAST. Wish I would have known about it earlier this summer. And it's so close!

I have to work this weekend : But then I have two weekends off in a row Camping! :

Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I don't know what was up, but I was seriously losing my mind. I'm hoping my period is finally going to come Either that, or I'm just a crazy lady.

I so miss my period. I know tons of women like not having it, but I miss it. Come back, period! Make me feel normal again!
post #58 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
I'm goin' to the Oregon School of Massage.
Congratulations, Arywn! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoup View Post
We have our 20 week (at 23 weeks...) ultrasound today!!! And we are hoping to find out the sex....so fingers crossed Split Pea isn't too shy!
Good luck! It's also really fun not knowing, too! So, if you don't get to find out, don't be too bummed! I found out with my daughter, not with my son, and it was SO COOL looking for myself to find out. I think that was one of the best moments in my life - seeing that he was a he. I felt totally complete!
post #59 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post
Does anyone go to Ananda for group meditation? I'm kinda interested in going, but nervous, since I've never gone before, or to any type of group meditation, for that matter.
I think Aubrey said she was going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
x-posted a few places...

CALL FOR FOOD FOR FORSYTHIA (Nicole) & FAMILY

Anyone interested can email me at closethippiegeek at gmail dot com. See Amy's prior post for details. I can take food out to their house from any west side folks. Email to coordinate a pick up/drop off.

Thanks, mamas!

~claudia
Anyone know where to find the food info? I have a cheesey veggie casserole in my freezer that could go if that works for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoup View Post
We have our 20 week (at 23 weeks...) ultrasound today!!! And we are hoping to find out the sex....so fingers crossed Split Pea isn't too shy!
Yay, hope it goes well! Any particular reason you're getting it done? I too loved finding out after the birth, but I know lots of people have loved finding out ahead of time too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
maybe we can drop by on sunday or monday wher we are out and about. we miss you three like mad crazy, but timing just SUCKS and we dont want to just burst in on you.
Sunday? Give us a call when you're heading out and we'll see if we can coordinate something. Or you can drop by and keep me company on Monday, if the nap schedule is compatible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post
Went to a sand and water park in Sherwood that I didn't even know existed today! What a great idea for kids. Ciara and Oliver had a BLAST. Wish I would have known about it earlier this summer. And it's so close!

I have to work this weekend : But then I have two weekends off in a row Camping! :

Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I don't know what was up, but I was seriously losing my mind. I'm hoping my period is finally going to come Either that, or I'm just a crazy lady.

I so miss my period. I know tons of women like not having it, but I miss it. Come back, period! Make me feel normal again!
Heeeeere period period period!

Hey, you want mine?

I'm so jealous about the camping. I had wanted to go for our birthday this year (9/20), but then his best friend scheduled her wedding Sept 27, and it looks like we'll be too busy packing to head out to the woods. Le sigh!

And yay for water parks!
post #60 of 151
Kate -- you can often contact the doula programs to get student referrals. Try CAPPA, I know they have a big postpartum program.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Washington, Oregon, Idaho › September in the Suburbs ~westsiiiiiiiide chattin