or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need new OB please...

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I know this has been asked before because I've looked at the threads but now I can't figure out how to search so....

Please tell me again who are the least interventionist of all the OBs in town. Friends of mine delivered naturally with Dryden but I don't think she's taking new patients. What about Zapeda or Bobo or Hutton? Anyone else?
post #2 of 11
what part of town? There is Jane Reed in The Woodlands
post #3 of 11
I see Zepeda couldn't be more pleased with the way everything is going. I've been struggling with PIH for about three weeks now and not once has anyone remotely mentioned words hospitalization, monitoring or induction. I've received good care (I don't think I'm being neglected or my health is in danger) but very low key - which I love. Because of Gustav and the PIH and the on call schedule, I've also dealt with Dr Dryden and Dr Boswell (I believe that's the name) and found them both to be just as laid back as Dr Zepeda. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with any doctor in that practice
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain View Post
what part of town? There is Jane Reed in The Woodlands
We live in the Heights area. If we lived closer to the Woodlands we'd probably deliver at Nativity which is still under (low) consideration...
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs_girl View Post
I see Zepeda couldn't be more pleased with the way everything is going. I've been struggling with PIH for about three weeks now and not once has anyone remotely mentioned words hospitalization, monitoring or induction. I've received good care (I don't think I'm being neglected or my health is in danger) but very low key - which I love. Because of Gustav and the PIH and the on call schedule, I've also dealt with Dr Dryden and Dr Boswell (I believe that's the name) and found them both to be just as laid back as Dr Zepeda. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with any doctor in that practice

Good to know. I'm going to give them a call and see if I can get an appt!
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikegrrl View Post
We live in the Heights area. If we lived closer to the Woodlands we'd probably deliver at Nativity which is still under (low) consideration...
There is also Dr David Janawitz - he works out of Memorial Herman Northwest.

He has a midwife in his office.
post #7 of 11
i delivered with hutton and she was wonderful. she worked very hard to honor my birthplan even when i had to be hospitalized for P-E. and very supportive of unmedicated births. PM me if you want more info....
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikegrrl View Post
We live in the Heights area. If we lived closer to the Woodlands we'd probably deliver at Nativity which is still under (low) consideration...
I would definitely consider Nativiti, and don't let distance scare you. We live (okay, not right now) in Galveston, and my daughter was born at Nativiti in February. We LOVED it there. LOVED it. Melanie and Katherine and staff were fantastic to us and the environment was great. The distance was not an issue. Please do give Nativiti some solid consideration if it interests you. Feel free to PM me with questions.
post #9 of 11
Dr. Stephan Guilliams is in West Houston, and he's awesome!
post #10 of 11
I also delivered at Nativiti. If you want a recommendation, I'd give it! If the OP can't answer all of your questions, let me know and I'll try as well.

My experience there was great all the way around.
post #11 of 11
I love Dr. Bobo. I was high risked out from the midwives and Dr. Bobo has been incredible. She really does listen to you and treats you with the utmost respect. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and I have developed gestational pemphigoid. This pregnancy has been terrible and Dr. Bobo has been so supportive and understanding. She is trying to stick as close to my birthplan as she can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico