Hey there, everyone,
Thanks again for all the stories and suggestions. It really helps me to have some idea what to expect/watch for if this doesn't go well.
I have wondered about the UTI/kidney thing myself, or kidney stones (I am prone to them), but the pain is very low, like in my sacrum/tailbone area, not in my kidneys or ureters or bladder, there's no blood in my urine (visible, at least), and no burning or urgency in urinating. Does BV cause back pain? I can't quite remember, but I'm thinking that BV is usually symptomless, unless I'm mixing it up with something else?
The discharge I'm having (and still no more spotting since yesterday morning, btw, just the same discharge) isn't that different from my regular pg discharge -- it's clear or light yellow, but instead of being more fluid-like, it's more mucuosy. It doesn't smell funny. And it's not copious -- I'm having to go inside my vagina to see it, it's not flowing out on TP and there's nothing on my underwear at all. Sorry, I know, more info. than you all probably needed.
I'm still cramping painfully, all in my lower back.
So here my non update-update:
I called my OB's office first thing this morning; as per Murphy's Law, my OB isn't in today.
His nurse didn't want to order me an u/s: "With as early on as you are, we might not see much, and I don't want to worry you unnecessarily."
: Um, at almost 9 wks., we're either going to see a hb or not, and does she really think I'm not worried enough as it is?
: I distinctly felt like I was being "handled."
So then she wants me to go and have blood drawn for a stat hCg "and if the level is above 3-4,000, then we'll schedule you for an u/s." IOW, and then, if you prove to be "worth our while", you'll get an u/s. Sigh. I also asked to have my progesterone levels checked -- they've never been low before, but who knows?
So after an hour's wait at the lab, I'm home, minus 4 vials of blood, and waiting a few hours to hear back. Still living in limbo land. Limbo land is not a good land to live in, I've decided.
Please cross fingers that my levels will be high enough for them to grant me the "privilege" of a freaking u/s. I mean, I'm not for unnecessary u/s by any means, but c'mon here....spotting and cramping at almost 9 wks.? I really wish my OB were in today -- if he were, I'd already have an u/s appt. time, I guarantee it.
I'm considering calling up my homebirth MW and trying to get an u/s through her if I don't get anywhere with my OB's office. I tried them first b/c it's usually much easier to get tests done there, yk? Opinions?