or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Pets › Clive was hit by a truck..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clive was hit by a truck.. - Page 3

post #41 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
And for your having pet insurance...

No, we don't have pet insurance. Cause you know we're trying to pay off debt and got rid of as many monthly bills as we could. Hindsight....
post #42 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
No, we don't have pet insurance. Cause you know we're trying to pay off debt and got rid of as many monthly bills as we could. Hindsight....
Aww...that's lousy. For some reason I vaguely remember you writing before you were planning on getting the pet insurance because of your other dog.

I hope it isn't too $$$...but it sounds like he's not needing surgery,etc. so hopefully it won't be that bad!
post #43 of 143
Thread Starter 

Friday morning update

Clive is not coming home today. He will stay the weekend at the hospital.

Long story short. He has stopped eating and drinking and his enzyme level is high. They have put him back on IV fluids. He is at risk for kidney failure.

He might be able to come home Monday or Tuesday.
post #44 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
Aww...that's lousy. For some reason I vaguely remember you writing before you were planning on getting the pet insurance because of your other dog.

I hope it isn't too $$$...but it sounds like he's not needing surgery,etc. so hopefully it won't be that bad!

Yes, we looked into it. We didn't get it. I regret that now.
post #45 of 143
So glad all the tests came back good! Wow, that's one tough pup! Rascal and I are still sending tons of : to you and Clive!

Hope he comes home soon!
post #46 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Clive is not coming home today. He will stay the weekend at the hospital.

Long story short. He has stopped eating and drinking and his enzyme level is high. They have put him back on IV fluids. He is at risk for kidney failure.

He might be able to come home Monday or Tuesday.
I sure hope he turns back around. I can't imagine how upset you are.
post #47 of 143
Oh, KH. You and Clive and everyone who loves him are in my prayers.
post #48 of 143
I'm so sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to him coming home today. This is one of those times, when I wish I had something really helpful to say.
post #49 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Clive is not coming home today. He will stay the weekend at the hospital.

Long story short. He has stopped eating and drinking and his enzyme level is high. They have put him back on IV fluids. He is at risk for kidney failure.

He might be able to come home Monday or Tuesday.
So sorry that the news this morning isn't as good...hopefully all he needs is more rest more fluids and he'll get through this temporary bump in his recovery.

I feel so lousy that you have to deal with all this, especially when you're pregnant and don't need to be worrying. Make sure you take care of yourself, and try not to be too upset.
post #50 of 143
I'm so sorry KH... big hugs.
post #51 of 143
How is he doing today?
post #52 of 143
Thinking of you.
post #53 of 143
Thinking of you and hope that you're doing OK.
post #54 of 143
Thread Starter 
We haven't heard from the vet over the weekend. No news is good news....hoping.

Tomorrow I talk to the vet again.
post #55 of 143
Any updates today on Clive? Still sending healing : that he's home very soon.
post #56 of 143
bump
post #57 of 143
Thread Starter 
The vet who has been the main Dr. in charge of Clive was not in today. The vet there today did not recommend letting us take him home. He has not gotten better. He is not stnading or walking. He is still on IV meds.

Tomorrow we talk to the vet in charge of his care, and we have to decide whether to give him more time or put him down.
post #58 of 143
Oh KH... I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say but big hugs to you and hopes for a sign.
post #59 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
The vet who has been the main Dr. in charge of Clive was not in today. The vet there today did not recommend letting us take him home. He has not gotten better. He is not stnading or walking. He is still on IV meds.

Tomorrow we talk to the vet in charge of his care, and we have to decide whether to give him more time or put him down.
post #60 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Tomorrow we talk to the vet in charge of his care, and we have to decide whether to give him more time or put him down.
I'm so sorry. I hope that the vet can give you some realistic expectations of his outcome and that you are at peace with whatever decision you have to make.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pets
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Pets › Clive was hit by a truck..