or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at School › Waldorf › ISO:Wooden Dollhouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ISO:Wooden Dollhouse - Page 2

post #21 of 84
i am smitten by the dollhouses at quiet hours.
post #22 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
I didn't buy any furniture or dolls for the treehouse since we use the Kinderkram house more, but here is some furniture that Tree blocks makes to go with the treehouse:
which Kinderkram dollhouse do you have? I'd be interested to see! Have you got a link?
post #23 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.QsMama View Post
i am smitten by the dollhouses at quiet hours.
Me too! I love the Drewart houses. We just ordered the Holztiger Farmhouse for our boys, but if we ever have a daughter I'm going straight for the Drewart!
post #24 of 84
why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
post #25 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynsMomma View Post
why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
I hope you find it. I didn't have luck...I gave up and went another way when I read this: http://quiethourstoys.wordpress.com/...lzkram-update/

ETA: I think The Wooden Wagon had the farmhouse, but not the one with the attached stable.
post #26 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynsMomma View Post
why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
i'm sorry! such a tease, right?

i haven't had any luck either. my dh however, is pretty talented when it comes to wood working and i'm a fairly crafty gal, so we decided to use the the holzkram and ostheimer style farmhouses as inspiration to make our own. (i think between the two of us, it'll come out nicely. i'm really excited about getting started. ) there is just no way i can justify spending $340+ on the only style that is in stock.
post #27 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.QsMama View Post
i'm sorry! such a tease, right?

i haven't had any luck either. my dh however, is pretty talented when it comes to wood working and i'm a fairly crafty gal, so we decided to use the the holzkram and ostheimer style farmhouses as inspiration to make our own. (i think between the two of us, it'll come out nicely. i'm really excited about getting started. ) there is just no way i can justify spending $340+ on the only style that is in stock.
Oh, please share pictures once you get it done! We were going to do the same thing, then DH got a funding from work to help build his pipe organ in our living room and he agreed we could buy the farmhouse so he could concentrate on building his organ. Good trade! We agonized for MONTHS before choosing ours. I love the size, but not the colors. Sorry...off on a tangent!
post #28 of 84
MamaUK- We had this Kinderkram dollhouse:

http://www.blueberryforest.com/doll-...-dollhouse.htm

I actually ended up selling it to get the Drewart dollhouse at Quiet Hours Toys

http://www.quiethourstoys.com/produc...oducts_id=1114

I loved the Kinderkram house, but I think it needs to be able to sit in the middle of a room or away from a wall to be fully appreciated (with the 2 sided openings) and we don't really have the space for that. There was something very whimsical about the Drewart that touched me and I'm pretty excited for it to get here, though I do feel pangs of longing for the Kinderkram.
post #29 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu822 View Post
Oh, please share pictures once you get it done! We were going to do the same thing, then DH got a funding from work to help build his pipe organ in our living room and he agreed we could buy the farmhouse so he could concentrate on building his organ. Good trade! We agonized for MONTHS before choosing ours. I love the size, but not the colors. Sorry...off on a tangent!
oh definitely! we're actually going to do a bit of sketching tonight after the tot is in bed. which dollhouse did you choose? (if you already posted this and i missed it, sorry. )

pipe organ? in your living room? i'm completely intrigued! and he's going to build it? that's amazing to me. i would have no clue where to start! i want to see pics of that!
post #30 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.QsMama View Post
oh definitely! we're actually going to do a bit of sketching tonight after the tot is in bed. which dollhouse did you choose? (if you already posted this and i missed it, sorry. )

pipe organ? in your living room? i'm completely intrigued! and he's going to build it? that's amazing to me. i would have no clue where to start! i want to see pics of that!
Yeah, it's a long story. It's always been a dream to have his own pipe organ in his house. He's had one since he was 12 semi-installed in the loft of his parents' barn, but not playable. He's had a large electronic for a while but he's upgrading and converting it. I will update on that project for sure. Definitely via my blog and in TAO.

I did post which one, but on another thread possibly in the toddler forum. We went with the Holztiger farmhouse. Not as pretty, but we really like the larger size. The Ostheimer was a bit small and Holztiger maybe a tad big, but the one in between (the Holzkram) is impossible to find! That's why we were going to build it: for the in-between size and color, but obviously we decided to buy and went with size over asthetics.
post #31 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
MamaUK- We had this Kinderkram dollhouse:

http://www.blueberryforest.com/doll-...-dollhouse.htm

I actually ended up selling it to get the Drewart dollhouse at Quiet Hours Toys

http://www.quiethourstoys.com/produc...oducts_id=1114

I loved the Kinderkram house, but I think it needs to be able to sit in the middle of a room or away from a wall to be fully appreciated (with the 2 sided openings) and we don't really have the space for that. There was something very whimsical about the Drewart that touched me and I'm pretty excited for it to get here, though I do feel pangs of longing for the Kinderkram.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I have a strange longing to get the Kinderkram one even though my LO has got a dollhouse I have been renovating..............I seem to have fallen in love with it a bit.Whoops! Your new one is beautiful!
post #32 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynsMomma View Post
why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
Looks like wooden wagon has the Holzkram buildings

http://thewoodenwagon.com/c-ostheimer_addons.html

HTH
post #33 of 84
There use to be a treehouse that was just a big wooden tree, does anyone know what I'm talking about? I searched for two days and can't find it.

It's not treeblocks btw.

TIA
post #34 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
Looks like wooden wagon has the Holzkram buildings

http://thewoodenwagon.com/c-ostheimer_addons.html

HTH
Noooooo!!! This was my first choice but I was convinced no one would have it for ages! Two days ago they did NOT have it and I JUST ordered the Holztiger!
post #35 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
Looks like wooden wagon has the Holzkram buildings

http://thewoodenwagon.com/c-ostheimer_addons.html

HTH
you're evil! (j/k of course!)

now i'm tempted. i was all ready to build my own...but they are just so lovely...can i resist???

ugh...decisions, decisions.
post #36 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalf97 View Post
There use to be a treehouse that was just a big wooden tree, does anyone know what I'm talking about? I searched for two days and can't find it.

It's not treeblocks btw.

TIA
Is it this one? or more rustic?

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toy...ry-home-039532

Ms. QsMama and Zuzu822- Sorry! Was just trying to help *sheepish smile*
post #37 of 84
Yep, I didn't resist. We're canceling our other order and going with the Holzkram farmhouse w/ stable. I ordered it and expect if by the end of the week! I cannot believe that last week they didn't have them and then suddenly they do! It's like it was meant to be.
post #38 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
Is it this one? or more rustic?

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toy...ry-home-039532

Ms. QsMama and Zuzu822- Sorry! Was just trying to help *sheepish smile*
No worries! You're my hero. After I read that you sold your Kinderkram dollhouse for the Drewart dollhouse, I knew I'd found a kindred spirit. I glad I'm not the only one in love (or borderline obsessed) with these things!
post #39 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu822 View Post
Yep, I didn't resist. We're canceling our other order and going with the Holzkram farmhouse w/ stable. I ordered it and expect if by the end of the week! I cannot believe that last week they didn't have them and then suddenly they do! It's like it was meant to be.
Oh yay! I am so glad that you are getting what you wanted! You'll have to post pictures when it's up and furnished. I'm waiting (sort of) patiently for the Drewart to get here... sigh.

It is nice to know others are as obsessed as I am (I mean really, I have 2 BOYS for crying out loud )
post #40 of 84
[QUOTE=PabloHoneySF;12437305]Is it this one? or more rustic?
http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toy...ry-home-039532
QUOTE]


That's not it, but I do like that one. Thanks for helping me. Someone I know online had one and just sold it on Craigslist. She can't remember who made it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Waldorf
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at School › Waldorf › ISO:Wooden Dollhouse