Thank you all for being so respectful.
Originally Posted by heatherweh
I would prefer to wait until 12 weeks though, is that a feasible option?
Absolutely! the ideal time to get it is b/w Halloween & Thanksgiving.
Here is an excellent critique of it by a renowned English midwife named Sara Wickham
(Rhogam is called Anti-D in the UK, Australia & other countries)
I am Rh-negative, dh is Rh-pos. W/ dd I decided that I would be vigilant about any risk of bleeding from the placenta (threatened miscarriage, amniocentisis, car accident or other abdominal trauma, etc) & absolutely would get it during my pregnancy in that case. But if I didn't have any risk factors, I decided I would not get it during my pregnancy & would get it after dd was born (when the risk of fetal & maternal blood intermingling is greatest & the "vaccine" would no longer be a risk to my baby). DD is Rh positive, so I'm glad I did get it post-partum.
W/ my 2nd pregnancy w/ ds, I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage which caused lots of bleeding during the pregnancy. You bet I wanted the Rhogam in that case.
This time around, I plan to do what I did w/ #1.