I have gotten into moving things a lot over the last 9 months that it took to completely declutter my home (I just finished with the exception of the attic and tool shed 2 weeks ago). Having a decluttered home is not just about getting rid of things for me but it is about having everything in the best place so that it is the easiest to keep my house this way and for our family to enjoy what we do have.
Things I have moved ...
- swapped the linen closet and the utility closet
- moved the vacuum cleaner from master br closet to the utility closet (had to remove some lower shelves for this to work)
- moved dh's camera & stuff to the utility closet
- installed door shoe rack and pull out bins in entry closet - put all shoes in this closet from bedrooms (got rid of many shoes) - also put bug spray, suntan lotion, bike helmets, swim stuff, & hats
- decluttered LR bookshelf enough that we moved kid games to the lower shelf so they could play at the DR table and not loose pieces in with the toys
- moved LR furniture so that they kids could have a book/puzzle corner (games, books, puzzles have been a great activity for odd when the ydd is napping and I no longer have to remember to get them out of their room before nap time and dd has everything available to her)
- moved kids dresser into my room - laundry is so easy for me now and they kids do not pull their clothes out of their dresser everyday while playing now
- diaper changing table moved from kid's room to beside our bathroom door - we cloth diaper and I have always wanted an actual bathroom changing table but there is no room. but now it is right there and makes spraying off a messy diaper and washing hands so convenient
I have really tried to put the storage for something very close to where I use it so that it takes as little effort as possible to put stuff up. I probably still have a way to go as far as reorganizing things, but life sure is a lot better.