or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spooky October in PDX - Page 4

post #61 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Lydia, My real estate agent recently told us that once you have a tenate in Oregon it takes an act of God to get them out. I think really those people can "ignore" the eviction notice and then he will have to take them to court. And in Cali if you are taken to court as long as you pay the rent they can't evict you. My stepdad did a lot of work for lower end property owners and often had to go to court to help get someone evicted (someone who never paid and destroyed the house.) As long as they paid, they were allowed to stay.

These families need to talk to whatever is the housing authority in Oregon and find out their rights. Yes I realize the property owner has a right to his rent, however families have a right to a roof over their heads with winter coming!!!
I guess it's bad for them we're in Washington. WA is a no-cause state, he can evict them for pretty much no reason with the 20 day notice. Several of the soon to be evicted families spoke with lawyers yesterday and were told they had no leg to stand on for fighting the evictions. I hope at least some of them will find housing close by.
post #62 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Ugh. Woke up with a headache, sore throat and drippy nose. Didn't a bunch of you go through this last week? It's a short, mild cold, right? Go ahead, lie to me if you have to.

Lee, what's the "recipe" for the ACV drink again? And that helps fight off colds??


1 tsp ACV
1 tsp raw honey
Mixed into approximately 8oz water.

Feel better! And yes, it is a mild cold!
post #63 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I guess it's bad for them we're in Washington. WA is a no-cause state, he can evict them for pretty much no reason with the 20 day notice. Several of the soon to be evicted families spoke with lawyers yesterday and were told they had no leg to stand on for fighting the evictions. I hope at least some of them will find housing close by.
Damn, I forgot you were in WA. They should still contact your housing authority. 20 day notice is crap. If nothing else, maybe they can help with placement.
post #64 of 1618

Lemon cucumbers

i just picked 23.9 POUNDS of lemon cucumbers and there are more on the vine. help??? doesn't anyone want these?

:
post #65 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Yesterday was awful, just plain awful. Apparently the owner of my apartment complex is tired of people being behind on their rent. We have 25 tenants here. He handed out 10 eviction notices, most of them to people my husband, children and I have become quite close to in the last 3 years we've lived here. They're all 20 day notices, but my heart is just aching for all of these families. There's one family that has lived here for 10 years and they are literally facing homelessness because of the lack of affordable housing available right now. Oh I am just so sad to possibly be losing so many of my neighbors and friends.
That's awful! so sorry for those families. It really hits home for me...
post #66 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Anyone (Beth!) have a good recipe for tomato sauce to freeze? Looks like my roma-type tomatoes are finally ripening...all at once!
Here ya go. Post #25. All you need to know about tomato sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Damn, I forgot you were in WA. They should still contact your housing authority. 20 day notice is crap. If nothing else, maybe they can help with placement.
It's only 30 days here in Oregon. No cause, you're out. Boggles my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
i just picked 23.9 POUNDS of lemon cucumbers and there are more on the vine. help??? doesn't anyone want these?

:
Lyla, are you on the PDXmamascoop list? I bet someone there would scoop them up to pickle them! Want me to post for you?
post #67 of 1618
post #68 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
i just picked 23.9 POUNDS of lemon cucumbers and there are more on the vine. help??? doesn't anyone want these?

:
That's a lot of cucs! If I were in town i'd come get some!

Sophie and I are headed to see the ENT today...
post #69 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
It's only 30 days here in Oregon. No cause, you're out. Boggles my mind.
Yes but according to my real estate agent... if they wont leave.. it takes an "act of god" to get them out. They can drag it on forever.
post #70 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Yes but according to my real estate agent... if they wont leave.. it takes an "act of god" to get them out. They can drag it on forever.
So claims my brother, who is in property management. Nevertheless, the law states that a landlord can evict without cause with 30 days notice. Don't know if that only applies if there is no lease. I know it's very hard for a tenant to break a lease here. In NY, landlords are only too happy to let you out of a lease, because it means they can turn over the apartment and raise the rent. It's very different here. The laws are very biased in favor of landlords.
post #71 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Here ya go. Post #25. All you need to know about tomato sauce.



It's only 30 days here in Oregon. No cause, you're out. Boggles my mind.



Lyla, are you on the PDXmamascoop list? I bet someone there would scoop them up to pickle them! Want me to post for you?
sure! what is it??
post #72 of 1618
So where is this rain? I sent DH to work in a long sleeved shirt cause they were already ironed and the others were in the dryer and I didn't want to wait up. DH wears shorts in the snow.. so I hope he doesn't complain too much... But I thought it was supposed to be cold and rainy.
post #73 of 1618
Hey mamas... I'm in search of some newborn donor milk. This little babes mama was hospitalized and baby is in need of breastmilk.

I'm gonna pump and see what I can get...I have a pick up person in Portland...as this mama is in PDX area.

PLEASE PM ME
post #74 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Hey mamas... I'm in search of some newborn donor milk. This little babes mama was hospitalized and baby is in need of breastmilk.

I'm gonna pump and see what I can get...I have a pick up person in Portland...as this mama is in PDX area.

PLEASE PM ME
PM Laura. I believe she offered some up on the yahoo group the other day when MDC was down.
post #75 of 1618
So, if you give someone 150 million reasons NOT to take a Work Order in Tualatin (where you are expected to pack four kids up in the car and pick them up and or waiting around for them to finish, from Sandy mind you.) and in the end tell them to do whatever the F they want and hang up on them cause they keep arguing. Would you expect them to take a clue you think its a bad idea or would you expect them to take the work order???
post #76 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
sure! what is it??
It's a Yahoo group. I'll email. Starting to get busy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
So, if you give someone 150 million reasons NOT to take a Work Order in Tualatin (where you are expected to pack four kids up in the car and pick them up and or waiting around for them to finish, from Sandy mind you.) and in the end tell them to do whatever the F they want and hang up on them cause they keep arguing. Would you expect them to take a clue you think its a bad idea or would you expect them to take the work order???
I would skip the 150 reasons, and simply say "no." Direct communication, works for me!
post #77 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
See if she would take methyl B12 sublinguals (a form of B12 supplement) Research is now showing that as we age, many people absorb less B12 and it may be the leading cause of dementia/memory loss/alzheimers
she takes a b complex and b-12 on her own along with ginko. she is just... gone. has had many neuro appts, MRIs etc (3 of her sibs have MS! so they want to check her regularly) they keep saying NOTHING is wrong with her brain. unfortunately she cant remember ANYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Yesterday was awful, just plain awful. Apparently the owner of my apartment complex is tired of people being behind on their rent. We have 25 tenants here. He handed out 10 eviction notices, most of them to people my husband, children and I have become quite close to in the last 3 years we've lived here. They're all 20 day notices, but my heart is just aching for all of these families. There's one family that has lived here for 10 years and they are literally facing homelessness because of the lack of affordable housing available right now. Oh I am just so sad to possibly be losing so many of my neighbors and friends.
oh Lydia thats so terrible. my heart aches for those poor families! i am sorry you have to watch your friends go through this. *sending love and light*
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
That's a lot of cucs! If I were in town i'd come get some!

Sophie and I are headed to see the ENT today...
oh, whats up? everyone ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Hey mamas... I'm in search of some newborn donor milk. This little babes mama was hospitalized and baby is in need of breastmilk.

I'm gonna pump and see what I can get...I have a pick up person in Portland...as this mama is in PDX area.

PLEASE PM ME
i dont have any, but i will send some positive vibes for the mama and the baby.
def PM Laura, she was offering up colostrumy milk off thread yesterday (day before?)
*love and light*

so my dad got Addy a "i want to be a princess" kit from Costco last night while he was there, cause no one can leave the house without getting her something. seriously they spoil her ROTTEN. : its a semi cute kit, but omg she is obsessing all she wants to do is the crafts, mostof which dont come with all the materials, and our craft drawers are a lil empty right now thanks to the craft kick she got into a few weeks ago and no $ to buy more.
so i get to be the big meany and tell her "sorry babe, we just cant do that one cause we dont have anything even remotely like what it calls for.
poor kid. its really upsetting her.
post #78 of 1618
thanks! latch issues, tied tongue, I'm nervous though...
post #79 of 1618
Well, in true monkey paw wish fashion, my longing for MDC time has come at a price. A sad, pukey, sleeping price. Nico's got some kind of stomach virus. At least, I hope that's what it is. He's been burping really oddly after he finished drinking for the last week, and I'd been starting to worry about reflux. I'm hoping that it's just a coincidence that he's spewing bile.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

My birthday kind of sucked. Started off with a letter from a friend/ex-boyfriend who insists on telling me that he still j's-off about me a few times a year. He thinks that women like hearing stuff like this because it makes them feel wanted. It's a very uncomfortable friendship, basically a "friends close, enemies closer" situation. I won't get into how that's progressing, but it's a pain in my ass.

And the rest of the birthday was filled with work and then home-stress. Ryan pulled through when he got home in the evening, though: an external harddrive for my dying computer, halloween socks, and some gift cards to replace all those clothes I had to throw out. Yay!!! He also tossed in a little sympathy for my day, so that was nice.

Since I have computer time, I guess I should get some work done and maybe get a blog post out.

ladies
post #80 of 1618
Welcome October. :
I usually get lost on this big thread, so I do not post much since I spend most of my time trying to play catch up on reading.
So since I made it to the end I wanted to say
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho