or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rude people

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I am in tears. I just got off the phone with my OB's office and the woman was so rude to me. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I am waiting for some fairly urgent lab results and she refused to give them to me. If she had been nice about it, I would probably still be upset. But the way she did it...I just burst into tears when I got off the phone. Maybe it's hormones, but you would think that someone in an OB's office would be extra nice to the pregnant ladies. UGH.

And my husband's cell phone is turned off so I can't call and sob at him like I'd like to do.
post #2 of 17
I am sorry she was rude to you, there is no need for that. Is there another nurse or receptionist you can speak with? When you do get to see your doc, make sure you let him know how you were treated, that is simply unprofessional. Just because SHE is having a bad day does not make it your problem ... so sorry you had to experience that today and I hope your results come back ok.
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I am in tears. I just got off the phone with my OB's office and the woman was so rude to me. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I am waiting for some fairly urgent lab results and she refused to give them to me. If she had been nice about it, I would probably still be upset. But the way she did it...I just burst into tears when I got off the phone. Maybe it's hormones, but you would think that someone in an OB's office would be extra nice to the pregnant ladies. UGH.

And my husband's cell phone is turned off so I can't call and sob at him like I'd like to do.
I am so sorry. That happened to me once when I was pregnant with ds. I was waiting for some lab work. My usual midwife tried to call, and when I returned her call another midwife got on the phone. She told me that there was a problem with the baby (lab work was false), and was just so mean and rude. I started hysterically crying right on the phone, and she said, "why are you crying?". You just said there was a problem with the baby lady! When she said that I did not answer her, and then she said, "well, I am busy, and I have to go." I can sympathize with how awful that is. I hope you can get your results soon, and definitely put in the complaint.
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
That happened to me once when I was pregnant with ds. I was waiting for some lab work. My usual midwife tried to call, and when I returned her call another midwife got on the phone. She told me that there was a problem with the baby (lab work was false), and was just so mean and rude. I started hysterically crying right on the phone, and she said, "why are you crying?". You just said there was a problem with the baby lady! When she said that I did not answer her, and then she said, "well, I am busy, and I have to go."
Ugh. That is so much worse than what I went through, it makes me feel silly for being so upset. I am a little worried that she might not have been quite as rude as I perceived her to be, so I am hesitant to report it. Pregnancy skews my perception of things sometimes. And it was mostly her tone of voice rather than the actual words that she said.

I am _still_ waiting for my results. My OB said they would get them to me first thing this morning, and it is almost noon. :

ETA: Hey, thanks for all the hugs.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Ugh. That is so much worse than what I went through, it makes me feel silly for being so upset. I am a little worried that she might not have been quite as rude as I perceived her to be, so I am hesitant to report it. Pregnancy skews my perception of things sometimes. And it was mostly her tone of voice rather than the actual words that she said.

I am _still_ waiting for my results. My OB said they would get them to me first thing this morning, and it is almost noon. :

ETA: Hey, thanks for all the hugs.
It is not a competition. We were both treated poorly.

Even if you misjudged her rudeness we are still on your side. Your feelings are valid either way.

Did she have any idea of when your results would be in or available for you?
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
It is not a competition. We were both treated poorly.

Even if you misjudged her rudeness we are still on your side. Your feelings are valid either way.

Did she have any idea of when your results would be in or available for you?
Thanks.

She indicated that another person in the office had the results and would have to call me back. Then I got a call from said other person (she left a message) and she said that she did not actually have the results back from the lab yet. I keep wanting to call back just to ask what time they expect to get the lab results in, but I don't want to deal with the rude lady again. Maybe I should call anyway and be rude to her. LOL. Just kidding, I don't do that kind of thing.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Here I am in tears again. I talked to yet another person in the office and apparently the doctor or whoever filled out the form forgot to put "STAT" on it, so it may be up to a WEEK before I get my freaking progesterone level back. Meanwhile I already had to wait almost a week just to get the OB appointment and the OB told me I needed to get the test done ASAP.

Now I have to wait for them to call me back YET again. And here I was thinking everything was fine and really looking forward to today: find out my lab results, see that everything is fine, and relax. I guess _that's_ not going to happen.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Here I am in tears again. I talked to yet another person in the office and apparently the doctor or whoever filled out the form forgot to put "STAT" on it, so it may be up to a WEEK before I get my freaking progesterone level back. Meanwhile I already had to wait almost a week just to get the OB appointment and the OB told me I needed to get the test done ASAP.

Now I have to wait for them to call me back YET again. And here I was thinking everything was fine and really looking forward to today: find out my lab results, see that everything is fine, and relax. I guess _that's_ not going to happen.
Did they offer any solutions? Can you get more bloodwork and have the results back stat?

I am so sorry.
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Did they offer any solutions? Can you get more bloodwork and have the results back stat?
Not yet. They apparently don't believe me that the doctor intended it to be stat ("I'm sure if the doctor thought it was important she would have requested it to be stat."), so they are going to talk to the doctor, then call me back. Now they are on their lunch break so it will be at least an hour before they call. And if the doctor gets called out to go deliver a baby (as she did right after my appointment yesterday--the reason she didn't fill out the form herself), they may not even call me back until tomorrow. :

Maybe today is a good day to bake cookies.
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Not yet. They apparently don't believe me that the doctor intended it to be stat ("I'm sure if the doctor thought it was important she would have requested it to be stat."), so they are going to talk to the doctor, then call me back. Now they are on their lunch break so it will be at least an hour before they call. And if the doctor gets called out to go deliver a baby (as she did right after my appointment yesterday--the reason she didn't fill out the form herself), they may not even call me back until tomorrow. :

Maybe today is a good day to bake cookies.
A very good day for cookies. Are you doing progesterone supplements? i cannot remember if you mentioned it in the other thread.
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
A very good day for cookies. Are you doing progesterone supplements? i cannot remember if you mentioned it in the other thread.
I am not currently on progesterone, despite my RE's recommendations that I supplement, because I wanted to get the results of this test back first. If my levels are low, I need to start supplementing ASAP. If not, obviously, they would be unnecessary.

I have progesterone--a free sample from my RE--and I am just sitting on my hands to keep myself from starting it. :
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I am not currently on progesterone, despite my RE's recommendations that I supplement, because I wanted to get the results of this test back first. If my levels are low, I need to start supplementing ASAP. If not, obviously, they would be unnecessary.

I have progesterone--a free sample from my RE--and I am just sitting on my hands to keep myself from starting it. :
I would call your dr to see if it would be safe for you to take even if your progesterone levels are normal. If so, you are covered either way.
post #13 of 17
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
They called me back and...17.9. I guess that's high enough. :

Thanks for all of your support & hugs.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
They called me back and...17.9. I guess that's high enough. :

Thanks for all of your support & hugs.
:
post #16 of 17
yay! :
post #17 of 17
Yeay! I'm glad that your test results were good. Sorry you had to deal with that crummy situation... I, too, get really sensitive in early pregnancy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2009