or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid October, November, December 2008
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid October, November, December 2008 - Page 47

post #921 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Alright not sure why it isn't working...I went to share and clicked enable rss and it gives me my personal URL of http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/220ada/rss3975.xml

So that should work right?
yep it works now.
I would say to just keep charting. If I get a really horrible nights sleep my temp will spike like that. Also try to fill in as much info as possible on the other tabs such as the time you took your temp, lack of sleep, CP, and CM.
They will help you get a bigger picture of your cycle. Unless you have 3 temps higher than the last 6 it doesn't indicate O. If you change the time you took your temp it will give you an open dot on your chart so you can know to possibly not include that temp when looking at the big picture.
post #922 of 944
I did get up at 1:15 because 1) I thought it was morning and 2) I had to pee really bad. I took my temp then (since I thought it was morning) and it was 97.70 so it was even higher then. Maybe the first day was a fluke and that is more of a normal temp for me. Oh well I will stop trying to analyze it until I have a few more days. Hopefully my CM will clue me in too. So far is it either creamy or dry. No ewcm so I'm fairly certain I am not ovulating right now. I used OPK's earlier this cycle and never got a postive either.

And wow mommy2twobabies, you nurse to kiddos at night! Thats my main fear of getting pg agian. That and we're poor. lol
post #923 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
I am on day 2 of charting and already confused LOL. I had a huge temp jump today, but no cm.

A little background on me, I am on what should be cycle day 3, but am not having a period this month I guess so I just jumped in and started charting. I had my hormone levels tested a couple months ago and progesterone was 0.2 and estradiol was 0.6. I am still nursing (A LOT) but my ND said it was okay to use bio-identical hormones since those levels were so low. After 2 months of using them I had a period (on cycle day 23). I also had an ultrasound before the period that showed a dominant follicle and things were looking normal.

So I am off the hormones for 7 days to have my "period" or lack thereof and then I think I will get my levels checked again and start using herbs to balance my hormones out. I think the creams were getting to be to much for me. Anyways, my questions are (if you made it this far thank you!) why no period this month and why such a huge temp jump with no CM on what should be day 3 of my period.

My chart: hopefully this works I am not sure how to link it
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/220ada
Technically, you can't start a new cycle until you get AF regardless of what you've been taking, so you are not really on cd3. You are on cdwhatever from the first day of your last AF. You can still start temping now, if you want. Just realize that's it's not really cd3 and you can't know anything for sure about O if you start temping in the middle of a cycle. One or two temps don't mean anything by themselves. It's the big picture, pattern of your temps that will tell you about your cycle. At this point, you'll have to wait for AF to show and start a new cycle of temping. I don't know what bio-identical hormones are. If you mean estrogen and/or progesterone, those can affect if and when you O. If you didn't O, you won't get AF.

I am planning to start a new thread for January on the 1st.
post #924 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
I took my temp then (since I thought it was morning) and it was 97.70 so it was even higher then. Maybe the first day was a fluke and that is more of a normal temp for me.
Temps in the 97 range are more normal than temps in the 96 range. You'll have to chart at least 3 cycles to learn what your norms are.
post #925 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
I did get up at 1:15 because 1) I thought it was morning and 2) I had to pee really bad. I took my temp then (since I thought it was morning) and it was 97.70 so it was even higher then. it's not so much the time of night but consecutive hours of sleep that really make a difference. Did you sleep uninterupted for 3 hours before taking your temp? Also did you take the temp before you got out of bed?

And wow mommy2twobabies, you nurse to kiddos at night! Thats my main fear of getting pg agian. That and we're poor. lolYa I am usually nursing about 6 times through the night between the two of them. Not so bad really when you can half sleep through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I am planning to start a new thread for January on the 1st.
Good to know thanks
post #926 of 944
Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!

I'm on CD 9. I had a really weird cycle last time. Much earlier ovulation than usual (I think the full moon made me ovulate earlier than usual) and midcycle spotting again. Lots of luteal phase cramping. My period was really heavy and clotty (pretty usual for me.) I stopped bleeding for a day and a half and then started bleeding again. I had horrific cramps like I do the first two days of my cycle. That was cycle day 7 & 8. I have the pain in my right side again. I'm thinking I must have another cyst.

That's it for me. I got sloppy with my charting the last two weeks because of the holidays. I going to start doing a better job. Getting ready to start my fertile phase. I better pay attention.

I hope that you are all well.
post #927 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Technically, you can't start a new cycle until you get AF regardless of what you've been taking, so you are not really on cd3. You are on cdwhatever from the first day of your last AF. You can still start temping now, if you want. Just realize that's it's not really cd3 and you can't know anything for sure about O if you start temping in the middle of a cycle. One or two temps don't mean anything by themselves. It's the big picture, pattern of your temps that will tell you about your cycle. At this point, you'll have to wait for AF to show and start a new cycle of temping. I don't know what bio-identical hormones are. If you mean estrogen and/or progesterone, those can affect if and when you O. If you didn't O, you won't get AF.
So if I don't get AF should I not bother temping? It's 3 days late now and showing no signs of starting. I want to chart this cycle to see if I ovulate. The hormones are estrogen and progesterone. I stopped them on "cd 1" which should make me get a period, but it isn't. I want to stay off them this month/temp to see if my body does anything by itself.
post #928 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
So if I don't get AF should I not bother temping? It's 3 days late now and showing no signs of starting. I want to chart this cycle to see if I ovulate. The hormones are estrogen and progesterone. I stopped them on "cd 1" which should make me get a period, but it isn't. I want to stay off them this month/temp to see if my body does anything by itself.
You can temp if you want. If you haven't Oed yet but are going to, you may still be able to detect it if you have at least 6 pre-O temps. If you took the hormones like bcps, you probably didn't O. Depending on how much progesterone you took and how you took it, it could take several days for you to have withdrawal bleeding after stopping it. As soon as you have bleeding make that cd1 and start again from there.
post #929 of 944
Thanks for all the help! My "cylces" are so weird. They always have been. I started the hormones b/c I was having menopausol symptoms and my hormone levels were post menopausol (at age 22). The first month on them I had no lining built up yet and then the second month I got my period, and now this month nothing yet. Hopefully my body will pick up here. I guess I just expected it to work like last month, but my ND did increase my hormone levels a bit. Even though we are avoiding I am desperate to know if things are working down there! I have never paid much attention to my cycles as dd was a nice surprise.

Also does anyone know if you can have a large dominant follicle in the ovary and then NOT ovulate? I had one last cycle (and wet cm at one point) so I assumed I ovulated, but I am not entirely sure if thats the case.
post #930 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Also does anyone know if you can have a large dominant follicle in the ovary and then NOT ovulate?
Yes, that can happen. Fertile CF does not guarantee O. It only means that you are potentially fertile. It is possible for your body to get almost to the point of Oing and then have it be delayed or not happen at all. The only way to know for sure if and when you Oed is by charting your basal body temp or having an ultrasound or blood work after the fact. (Or, of course, becoming pregnant.)
post #931 of 944
hi ladies. I don't have time to catch up on all the posts today but I think I o'd. I got a temp spike today. So yay! Another super simple cycle. I wish they were all so easy
post #932 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
I didn't totally trust the LAM method for me because I got AF back right away with ds (@ around 6 weeks PP) even though he was nursing 24/7. I think with dd I started temping and keeping track of cm at around 3 weeks. Of course it was somewhat erratic but I tried to temp when dh got up for work unless I thought I would already be up for the day before then. It wasn't perfect but I did see the obvious temp jump when I ovulated for the first time at 7 weeks post partum. However that first ovulation never would have yielded a viable pregnancy...my luteal phase that first time was 5 days (after that I had my normal LP).

Dh and I just made sure not to dtd whenever I had fertile cm and I usually waited until I had at least 3 dry days in a row before we would resume dtd.
LAM only works before your first period after having a baby. Once you have had your PPAF than you need to chart and temp.
post #933 of 944
: The theory is that the majority of the time (I lent TCOYF to a friend so I can't check the numbers) your first period before 6 months is anovulatory, so you would then know to start charting again.
post #934 of 944
Yep, #1 rule for LAM is no period. (Hence the "amennorhea" part.) When I first started getting in to teaching FAM, I spent a good deal of time studying cycles of women who were breastfeeding. I have to say it's really interesting how each woman's body is so individual in how it responds to it all. For some women, the "rules" don't work... my thoughts are sometimes it's a metabolic difference, etc. I also made observations personally that more skin to skin time with my baby while nursing kept fertile CM away. I think as with anything we have to remember it's not one size fits all, you have to constantly, almost daily, reevaluate the state of your fertility. I suppose it's not much different from FAM/NFP in that respect, except that it gets very tedious at times when you have a load of fertile CM and then no ovulation.

One of my first cycles back with my first son, when he was 9 or 10 months... I had every sign of ovulation. Several days of EWCM, cervix was open and soft, ovulation pain, even two positive OPK tests. And then no temp shift. I've also seen this on a chart of a woman who was going through a very stressful time (her mother had just passed away) and I'm certain it happens to women who have PCOS.

Anyway.

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice. We are in the process of nightweaning out 18 month old, so I'm confident that things are going to get more and more regular here. It would be nice if every cycle were this easy.
post #935 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice.
Yep oed CD 11 here.
Just wondering if any of you ladies know of any free charting sites other than FF.
tia
nak
post #936 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
and I'm certain it happens to women who have PCOS.

Anyway.

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice. We are in the process of nightweaning out 18 month old, so I'm confident that things are going to get more and more regular here. It would be nice if every cycle were this easy.
YEah I have PCOS and that happens to me. I also O'd early this cycle. 2nd time in my life I O'd before CD 20!

I am not sure of any free software for charting other than FF. I'm sure they are out there.
post #937 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Yes, that can happen. Fertile CF does not guarantee O. It only means that you are potentially fertile. It is possible for your body to get almost to the point of Oing and then have it be delayed or not happen at all. The only way to know for sure if and when you Oed is by charting your basal body temp or having an ultrasound or blood work after the fact. (Or, of course, becoming pregnant.)
Thanks! That is sort of depressing though. I just want to ovulate darn it!
post #938 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too?
I Oed very early for me, too, cd11. This cycle was after an anov cycle, though, so I think that's the reason. I Oed once before on cd12 after an anov cycle.

I think there are a few more sites that have free charting. I think iVillage may have it and Babycenter.
post #939 of 944
I O'ed early too. But I don't really call it early. Just b/c you O on one day for however many cycles, doesn't mean this one will follow the pattern. But I'm sure y'all know that! I expect nothing with my cycle... I just observe what comes. And BTW I'm having AF-is-coming-ish major cramps, and familiar discharge. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I may have missed the PG-bug this time. I sure hope so! If I do squeak by, I won't have to think about anything until March or April, whenever H returns.
post #940 of 944
Thread Starter 
free charting software: http://www.hormonalforecaster.com/

http://www.myfertilitycharts.com/

I used my fertility charts and it's kind of strange beause they give you a CM date and a temp date, and then an over all date. I wouldn't trust the interpretation of any software over my own, so be sure you know how to interpret with out interference from the computer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid October, November, December 2008