or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 8

post #141 of 259
Lovebug-Welcome- So what are the factors of IF you are dealing with? Unexplained? Male factor? Female factor? We are here for any questions, concerns, venting, whatever you need. Hope your stay is short!
post #142 of 259
I was wondering if I could join you all here... I really hope we are lucky otherwise, but as it stands my soon-to-be-husband (omg this Saturday!) has a zero sperm count (after two SAs) - last fall had testicular cancer, had SA, no sperm, had the affected testicle removed, recoverd, SA, no sperm, had radiation and is now fully recovered but is not wanting to do another SA to check to see where he stands. The remaining testicle has a pretty massive varicocele and we're both worried it's just too warm to produce anything.

We intend to just chart and try for a few months and if that fails, knowing we're timing decently, he will get another SA and we will go from there. No known fertility issues with me at this time.

I hope everyone's stay in this forum is short-lived, as I know how much this can suck and we've barely begun our TTC journey
post #143 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Lovebug-Welcome- So what are the factors of IF you are dealing with? Unexplained? Male factor? Female factor? We are here for any questions, concerns, venting, whatever you need. Hope your stay is short!
I have extremely infrequent visits from flow! They have not started to test me for ovulation frequency yet. But they feel that that is the largest issue I have. Truly other then that I am “normal”!

My biggest fear is that they will not be able to help me. The test have been on going due to DH leaving. I maybe get 1-5 visits from flow a year. This is the way it has been from day one.
post #144 of 259
Lovebug- no fear, western medicine at its best can induce ovulation many different ways! Has DH had a sperm analysis?
post #145 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Lovebug- no fear, western medicine at its best can induce ovulation many different ways! Has DH had a sperm analysis?
not yet... that is the only test we have not been able to do yet. he will be having that right when he gets home. it has been baby steps getting him there. it was hard for him because i totaly have issues and he did not understand why he had to test. he thought (in a very loving way) that they should "fix" me first.

ETA: he now understands that "they" can not put my body through hell without making sure he is good to go.
post #146 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
Thanks gumby74 and nummies for your suggestions. I am so numbed right now that its very hard for me to even think of questions. I think in a few days I will start making a list once I get my bearings in place. I know I will have a major breakdown at the office. I just hope they don't push IVF when we really might not need it. I am not ready for that emotionally. Thanks for the idea of a binder also. I am already starting to build up paperwork already.

Nummies did you do IUI first for your 1st child or went straight to IVF.

Is our chances better with IVF if its mainly the male factor? Do we have a better percentage than if there were other issues such as ovarian failure. I think I am working fine.
We went straight to IVF. A lot of issues played into that factor. We were able to get a loan, we had just had a miscarriage from a natural conception and were distraught, we were tired of waiting and liked the odds for IVF better, etc.

For our second child, we have both agreed to do some IUIs first. I really have a lot of hope that they will work! Feel free to ask any questions. I know that it is so rough in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
Hello everyone :

I am Kelly and I am very excited I found this thread!

I have been TTC for a little over 3 years. My DH is in Iraq and we will be doing infertility treatment in Feb/Mar when he returns home. It is really not fair to say I have been trying for over 3 years (2 year if you take out the 15mths DH has been in Iraq) . It is hard to try without sperm around I have had a TON of tests. I know that my hormone levels are good and my plumbing is working well.

It is very hard because I am 24 and I keep hearing “your so young” or “you have time”. the issue is, I understand I have time. But truly I have been working at this for a long time too, with no luck. How much time can one have?

I am looking forward to the review of this thread. I cant wait to hear what other mama’s in this thread have to say.
Welcome!! Although I am sorry that you have to be here.
post #147 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
I was wondering if I could join you all here... I really hope we are lucky otherwise, but as it stands my soon-to-be-husband (omg this Saturday!) has a zero sperm count (after two SAs) - last fall had testicular cancer, had SA, no sperm, had the affected testicle removed, recoverd, SA, no sperm, had radiation and is now fully recovered but is not wanting to do another SA to check to see where he stands. The remaining testicle has a pretty massive varicocele and we're both worried it's just too warm to produce anything.

We intend to just chart and try for a few months and if that fails, knowing we're timing decently, he will get another SA and we will go from there. No known fertility issues with me at this time.

I hope everyone's stay in this forum is short-lived, as I know how much this can suck and we've barely begun our TTC journey

Congrats on your marriage this weekend. Have fun and enjoy each other.
post #148 of 259
Nummies--I am starting to butter up to the idea with IVF. I just want to get this over with asap. I will just take one day at a time and hope for the best. I am starting to feel like it will never happen for us. I don't know if I should give up. I have so many mix emotions right now, its scary. Today I just wanted to crawl underneath a rock and hide for ever. But if I give up I don't know how I am going to live knowing I can't give dh a child. I would always think what if. Hey gl on the IUIs.

Naturalmom
-- gl also with your IUI. I am hoping dh swimmers are not so bad that we HAVE to go to IVF. I think I really need answers now and I am going bonkers. If you do the math for us it looks like a good 10 or so million swimmers.
post #149 of 259
Thread Starter 

updated to here

wtg4miracle - Check out this site for great information. I used it when going to my first RE appointment: http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2...roductive.html

lovebug - I HATE when people tell me I'm so young! It doesn't matter if I'm young, I don't want to spend my entire reproductive years trying to have my first baby! As for your infrequent periods, check out information about PCOS and see if it describes you at all. The lack of periods is my major PCOS symptom.

kparker - CONGRATULATIONS!! Marriage is often difficult, but really wonderful. My husband is like my right arm.

Welcome to the newbies, and I hope you find the support you're looking for here.
post #150 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]
lovebug - I HATE when people tell me I'm so young! It doesn't matter if I'm young, I don't want to spend my entire reproductive years trying to have my first baby! As for your infrequent periods, check out information about PCOS and see if it describes you at all. The lack of periods is my major PCOS symptom.
.
here are about the only 2 things that fit me

Quote:
Weight Gain. Many women with PCOS gain weight around their abdomen, taking on an apple shape rather than a pear shape. Such weight gain is linked with imbalances of glucose and insulin in the body.
i am not over weight, however if i do gain or lose weight it is around my abdomen.


Quote:
Irregular Periods. Nine or few menstrual cycles per year may be a sign of PCOS. Bleeding may be heavier than normal. These conditions are caused because the ovaries are not producing hormones that keep the menstrual cycle regular.
this is me i have less then 9 periods a year.


i have however had many blood test for my infertility and all my levels for everything is normal.

it has been about 8mth since my Dr's visit and i just cant remember what she said

i will be getting more info then. i will keep you all updates

: thanks all :
post #151 of 259
I am so sorry I never answered the what is maca question.
Maca is a superfood. It has been used by the Inca culture for 1500 yrs to increase endurance, energy, fertility and sexual ability. It is a root veg. with like 60 phytochemicals in it and they make a powder out of it that has a starchy malty taste that people on a maca thread on the TTC board do not esp. like. My DH will eat anything; he puts it in his cereal. Others have tried it w. smoothies. I have bought "Maca Magic" at Whole Foods. Hope that helps.
post #152 of 259
poetgirl- Thank you so much for the info. This may be a silly question, but is it good for both DH and I to take, or just for him?
post #153 of 259
AF flow showed as expected this weekend. I had a good cry, and now I'm ok with it. DH goes in for a SA today. The next step for me is an HSG, so the Dr. wants to make sure there's nothing going on with DH before he does an invasive procedure on me. How long does it typcially take to get results back? My next appointment isn't until November so there's no hurry, but I'll be curious to know the results just for my own sanity.
post #154 of 259
LibbyLou--dh SA came back quickly. We got results back the next day. Good luck on the results. Actually we are relieved, but not happy, that we found out that he has poor morphology swimmers. This kind of prevented me from getting so many tests done to me. But this can change once we see an RE this month.
post #155 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
Nummies--I am starting to butter up to the idea with IVF. I just want to get this over with asap. I will just take one day at a time and hope for the best. I am starting to feel like it will never happen for us. I don't know if I should give up. I have so many mix emotions right now, its scary. Today I just wanted to crawl underneath a rock and hide for ever. But if I give up I don't know how I am going to live knowing I can't give dh a child. I would always think what if. Hey gl on the IUIs.
It takes awhile to warm up to the idea of IVF. I mean, you always pictured making love to your husband and getting to tell him that you were pregnant in a sweet and romantic way. Now, there is an entire team of people in the room during your conception with your feet in stirrups. I find that laughter about it helps. It is a big leap to make. I felt a lot of what you were feeling. Wanting to give up and thinking that it will never happen. But I can tell you that IVF was the best choice that I have ever made.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
AF flow showed as expected this weekend. I had a good cry, and now I'm ok with it. DH goes in for a SA today. The next step for me is an HSG, so the Dr. wants to make sure there's nothing going on with DH before he does an invasive procedure on me. How long does it typcially take to get results back? My next appointment isn't until November so there's no hurry, but I'll be curious to know the results just for my own sanity.
Sorry about AF. For SA results, my lab takes a day or two. Dr. has to see them first, etc.
post #156 of 259
Thread Starter 
Sorry about AF, LibbyLou. My Dr took a week to get back to me with the SA results.

Can I just grumble about how much I hate the tww? Every time I put a new temp in, FF changes my O date. I cant decide whether to get my hopes up.
post #157 of 259
I have to get us some maca also. Does this help with libido! We definately need help in this dept. As if having abnormal morphology is not enough his libido is down the tubes!! Now after his SA results he is worse than before, totally depressed about this and its even getting worse to have any bding going on. Its so stressfull. I told him not to get to anxious waiting for me to ovulate this month cause its not going to happen naturally. I told him we should just have fun and wait for the RE to take over.
post #158 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
I have to get us some maca also. Does this help with libido! We definately need help in this dept. As if having abnormal morphology is not enough his libido is down the tubes!! Now after his SA results he is worse than before, totally depressed about this and its even getting worse to have any bding going on. Its so stressfull. I told him not to get to anxious waiting for me to ovulate this month cause its not going to happen naturally. I told him we should just have fun and wait for the RE to take over.
Yes, maca is said to help libido. GL with it. I'm sorry all this has been so hard on your DH.

Lola, Women take maca too. There was a whole TTC thread for a while of women taking maca. Maybe search for it? Might give you some more info.

Ovulation is today for me. I think this may be our last natural try before IVF or inject. We see the new RE next Mon. Tis try #25 and I would love it to be the one. Had no ewcm today, so I finally got up the gumption to try raw eggwhite, which had formerly disgusted me. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Songbird, I'm sorry the 2ww is such a wanker and that FF is still playing around w/ your O date. At this point, maybe just set it to what you believe is true? Despite all the struggle, I wish you a lot of luck here.
post #159 of 259
OMG poetgirl you did the egg thing! I thought of this but dh so no way. How did it go. Please do not get an infection from this.
post #160 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Sorry about AF, LibbyLou. My Dr took a week to get back to me with the SA results.

Can I just grumble about how much I hate the tww? Every time I put a new temp in, FF changes my O date. I cant decide whether to get my hopes up.

It looks like you could have ovulated on the cd19 or cd20. I am leaning towards the cd19. Its looks like good timing for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!