or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 12

post #221 of 259
Songbird-::
AFM: AF is here
post #222 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
AFM: AF is here
post #223 of 259
Yay Songbird!!! : :

There's lots more where that came from for after you get your beta numbers!!!
post #224 of 259
Donde esta Lola????

I had my RE appt. yesterday and we both really liked the new RE.
He said, truthfully, that I made about the strongest case for Premature Ovarian Failure he'd ever heard and agreed that we should and will move fast. Baring some unforeseen pregnancy this go around (wouldn't that be welcome) we will begin Follstim injections a few days after AF and do an IUI. If that doesn't work, it's the IVF.

Oh Lord, it's getting very serious-feeling. Luckily, he did not torture me with that advance maternal age crap, even though in my rare case, it kinda does apply. I don't care how cold it is. I told DH to take me to thy pumpkin patch tomorrow for my birthday. No people please. Just pumpkins. I'm a cheap date. As of tomorrow, you can change my age to 35 . Seems cruel when I still get carded every freakin time I get a drink, tho I'm not complaining too much about that.

I also want to say that every time someone on here gets a BFP it makes my whole day. I hope this doesn't sound too dramatic but I feel sometimes like we're all trapped on a desert island and some rescue crew comes along and says okay, we can save one more, and we gladly hand someone over. That might be a torturous analogy, I realize, but it's how I feel. Someone got SAVED. And for that matter, I hope we ALL get saved. Soon. And hopefully not get too terribly miserable waiting. y'all~
post #225 of 259
(pokes head in)

:: Songbird, I've got my fingers crossed for good, strong beta numbers!!!

Poet, I'm glad to hear you've found a new RE you like, although it must've been really tough to hear what he had to say . I hope you enjoy your birthday! My mom and I just carved pumpkins tonight, I haven't done it in ages and forgot how much work it is to clean them out.

My thoughts and prayers and best wishes continue to go out to everyone in this forum .

(vanishes mysteriously)
post #226 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Donde esta Lola????

I had my RE appt. yesterday and we both really liked the new RE.
He said, truthfully, that I made about the strongest case for Premature Ovarian Failure he'd ever heard and agreed that we should and will move fast. Baring some unforeseen pregnancy this go around (wouldn't that be welcome) we will begin Follstim injections a few days after AF and do an IUI. If that doesn't work, it's the IVF.

Oh Lord, it's getting very serious-feeling. Luckily, he did not torture me with that advance maternal age crap, even though in my rare case, it kinda does apply. I don't care how cold it is. I told DH to take me to thy pumpkin patch tomorrow for my birthday. No people please. Just pumpkins. I'm a cheap date. As of tomorrow, you can change my age to 35 . Seems cruel when I still get carded every freakin time I get a drink, tho I'm not complaining too much about that.


I also want to say that every time someone on here gets a BFP it makes my whole day. I hope this doesn't sound too dramatic but I feel sometimes like we're all trapped on a desert island and some rescue crew comes along and says okay, we can save one more, and we gladly hand someone over. That might be a torturous analogy, I realize, but it's how I feel. Someone got SAVED. And for that matter, I hope we ALL get saved. Soon. And hopefully not get too terribly miserable waiting. y'all~
Can you tell me anymore about premature ovarian failure? What are the symptoms? I turn 34 on the 22nd of Nov. How can a person not think about age when every statistic has an age behind it? It frustrates me.

BFN today for me on 13DPO. I'm actually feeling ok because at least the progesterone lengthened my cycle this month and that is a good thing! I need to call the doc today and ask how they want to proceed, but I am pretty sure that I will have a blood test on D3 and see if my diagnosis of PCOS is accurate. Then, onto the BCP and metformin. It might be a good thing to take a couple of months off. I really can't have a baby during the first month of next fall's school semester. I know I shouldn't try to dictate when I will be having a baby, but I was stressed trying to figure out how I would take care of a newborn and try to go to classes. Didn't see how it would be possible. We don't have any family around us.
post #227 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Donde esta Lola????

I had my RE appt. yesterday and we both really liked the new RE.
He said, truthfully, that I made about the strongest case for Premature Ovarian Failure he'd ever heard and agreed that we should and will move fast. Baring some unforeseen pregnancy this go around (wouldn't that be welcome) we will begin Follstim injections a few days after AF and do an IUI. If that doesn't work, it's the IVF.

Oh Lord, it's getting very serious-feeling. Luckily, he did not torture me with that advance maternal age crap, even though in my rare case, it kinda does apply. I don't care how cold it is. I told DH to take me to thy pumpkin patch tomorrow for my birthday. No people please. Just pumpkins. I'm a cheap date. As of tomorrow, you can change my age to 35 . Seems cruel when I still get carded every freakin time I get a drink, tho I'm not complaining too much about that.

I also want to say that every time someone on here gets a BFP it makes my whole day. I hope this doesn't sound too dramatic but I feel sometimes like we're all trapped on a desert island and some rescue crew comes along and says okay, we can save one more, and we gladly hand someone over. That might be a torturous analogy, I realize, but it's how I feel. Someone got SAVED. And for that matter, I hope we ALL get saved. Soon. And hopefully not get too terribly miserable waiting. y'all~
Glad you found a new RE that you like! Sounds like you have a really great plan of action. IVF isn't so bad, but I understand the serious feeling. Shook me up to hear that IVF was next.

And I feel the same way about BFPs here. I haven't been here long, but I really like this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
BFN today for me on 13DPO. I'm actually feeling ok because at least the progesterone lengthened my cycle this month and that is a good thing! I need to call the doc today and ask how they want to proceed, but I am pretty sure that I will have a blood test on D3 and see if my diagnosis of PCOS is accurate. Then, onto the BCP and metformin. It might be a good thing to take a couple of months off. I really can't have a baby during the first month of next fall's school semester. I know I shouldn't try to dictate when I will be having a baby, but I was stressed trying to figure out how I would take care of a newborn and try to go to classes. Didn't see how it would be possible. We don't have any family around us.
Sorry about the BFN.
post #228 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
so, um.
I had a positive home test this morning

I don't know what to think. I am going in for a beta tomorrow. Dh is so excited, but I just can't get my hopes up or believe it's real yet.
:::::::::

Yea Songbird!!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you!! I'll be sending loads of sticky baby thoughts your way!!!
post #229 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
:

Is being super cold a pregnancy sign? My hands and feet and nose are like ice and I'm wearing a shirt and a sweater and still shivering.
More : and YES! Being freezing, bone aching cold was my first pregnancy symptom as well. I'm 6w today and it's not quite as bad as it was when I first found out but I still shiver, especially in the evening.
post #230 of 259
Thread Starter 
poetgirl, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know what you mean about it getting serious. When the RE was talking to me about laparoscopies and hysteroscopies (and I'm still thinking about that stuff.. apparently the arcuate uterus shape can be associated with m/c) and describing the IVF protocol... it's just such a different world from having sex and getting pregnant. If my future child ever asks me how the sperm gets to the egg...

I'll update you all when I get my beta number. I'm still shocked beyond words, but a second positive hpt this morning is making it seem a bit more real.
post #231 of 259
Poetgirl: :
post #232 of 259
Thanks for the birthday wishes and the post-RE hugs. :
I'm blowing a wish toward you Songbird for beta #s.
A 2nd pos. test is Exactly what we want to hear.

And Thanks Mischievium, for checking in and sending the love.
Happy 2nd trimester to ya!

I promise to explain more about POF tomorrow, 'K?

Off to :
post #233 of 259
Poetgirl Happy Birthday! Have fun@ the pumpkin patch!


Songbird Keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you!! It gives us all hope that this CAN be acheived!!



Today is a so so day... I just don't understand why things in life can't be a little bit easier!! ugh!
post #234 of 259
Songbird - ::::::

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! So what was the secret or what did you do different, anything?? Keep us posted!!! Here is to 9 happy & healthy months!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #235 of 259
Thread Starter 
I did nothing different. We dtd more than usual during the fertile time in addition to the IUI, but really I think the difference was that there were multiple follicles this time, while previously there was only one.

The hcg level, by the way, was 558.
post #236 of 259
songbird yay!! those numbers sound really good!! hope they double by tomorrow!!
post #237 of 259
Sorry everyone.....been out of town at a conference since Monday, w/ no computer access. Well, my beta was a BFN, and yesterday AF showed up. Oh well, que sera, right?? THe timing sucked, as they called me from the clinic w/ the BFN, and right then I had to jump in a suburban w/ 8 co-workers and drive 3 hours to a conference for work, and put on my "happy face" for 2 days. DH and I didn't even have time to process the crappy news together. AAGGHH!! But, I am home now and settling into the fact that we are headed for another month of trying. I am ready to sue Clearblue Easy for the false positive (just kidding), but I so wish I had never POAS!!! I guess that's why they tell you to wait..........

Songbird, I am soooo excited for you. I am praying that everything goes your way. Talk to y'all soon.......
post #238 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
Sorry everyone.....been out of town at a conference since Monday, w/ no computer access. Well, my beta was a BFN, and yesterday AF showed up. Oh well, que sera, right?? THe timing sucked, as they called me from the clinic w/ the BFN, and right then I had to jump in a suburban w/ 8 co-workers and drive 3 hours to a conference for work, and put on my "happy face" for 2 days. DH and I didn't even have time to process the crappy news together. AAGGHH!! But, I am home now and settling into the fact that we are headed for another month of trying. I am ready to sue Clearblue Easy for the false positive (just kidding), but I so wish I had never POAS!!! I guess that's why they tell you to wait..........

Songbird, I am soooo excited for you. I am praying that everything goes your way. Talk to y'all soon.......

Lola: I'm so sorry. That does suck. FWIW, I found out I was miscarrying while at a conference in Chicago with some co-workers. It was extremely hard to think about anything else. I honestly can't tell you anything that I learned at that conference.


I stopped taking the progesterone supplements yesterday and not just waiting.....and waiting for AF to show her ugly face.
post #239 of 259
Thread Starter 
Lola Im so sorry. That is just cruel to have a postive hpt and a negative beta. I would be so angry!

crystal-mommy ... the second beta isnt until next Wednesday. I cant believe theyre making me wait that long!

LibbyLou, I am not moving myself to the graduates yet. I want to see a heartbeat first. So youll have to do it for me.
post #240 of 259
Songbird--congratulations:

Lola88--so sorry, I know how it feels, hugs

Poetgirl--happy belated birthday, thank goodness they didn't make you feel so bad of your age. good luck in the upcomming IUIs. I will probably be right along with you in the next few months. It looks like we might be doing IUI and move right to IVF fast also.

AFM: I am soooooooo nervous about tomorrows RE initial consultation. You gals will be the first to know what happened. Is there anything I need to do to prepare for the visit? I have been so worried that we will get bad news. I hope I can stay strong throughout the visit. I am so scared of the unknown.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!