or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 5

post #81 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Thanks for all of the sticky vibes- it may be working. I've been trying not to think much about this until I see the RE again on Thursday. Last night was terrible, bad cramps and quite a lot of spotting, but my temp was still up this morning and nothing more today.

I'm pretty emotionless right now- my only saving grace. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks so much for the support. I've not told anyone IRL except my DH, and I can't really talk with him about it. He's supportive, but practical, and just doesn't get it.

If this is a chemical, at least we know I can conceive, right? That's information we didn't have previously. We can address that for future pregnancies, if it comes to that. I'm just trying to find the silver lining here.
More :::::
and
for you.
Keep yourself super chill. We're rooting for you.
post #82 of 259

good luck

Good Luck to everyone! I am looking forward to reading some really inspiring success stories this month.

I think we are back on for another IUI this month (this will be my 6th). We are both in town (for once!) and I am estimating that it will happen between Oct 22nd-25th. Unmedicated...so it almost seems pointless but I am trying really hard to be more positive this month.

I only have three more left, after this month, before we have to make a huge decision about our direction. I think 9 failed IUIs would be a good indication that it's time to move on. BUT hopefully I won't have to make that decision at all. :-)
post #83 of 259
Hi Everyone!! Well, it's CD 13 and as of this morning I had no surge, so went in for an ultrasound. RE says lining looks great and I have a healthy folli on my left ovary, so she thinks I surged yesterday and had yet to O. Apparently, there is a small percentage of women, who do not detect the surge in their urine.....go figure. Long story short, she gave me a trigger shot and told us to BD tonight and tomorrow.......we had BD'd last night and this morning so she was afraid DH wouldn't have a good enough sample for an IUI. This was my first trigger shot, and man, does it hurt!! Is that normal??

Anyhow, good luck to all this week....any news, voltige?
post #84 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
Needle - good luck :-)
Thank you!!

Voltige, wishing you great news at your appt. on Thursday.
post #85 of 259
[QUOTE=Lola88;12381056] Long story short, she gave me a trigger shot and told us to BD tonight and tomorrow.......we had BD'd last night and this morning so she was afraid DH wouldn't have a good enough sample for an IUI. This was my first trigger shot, and man, does it hurt!! Is that normal??

QUOTE]

Lola I do them at home and holy hannah yes they hurt. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
post #86 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
Hi Everyone!! Well, it's CD 13 and as of this morning I had no surge, so went in for an ultrasound. RE says lining looks great and I have a healthy folli on my left ovary, so she thinks I surged yesterday and had yet to O. Apparently, there is a small percentage of women, who do not detect the surge in their urine.....go figure. Long story short, she gave me a trigger shot and told us to BD tonight and tomorrow.......we had BD'd last night and this morning so she was afraid DH wouldn't have a good enough sample for an IUI. This was my first trigger shot, and man, does it hurt!! Is that normal??

Anyhow, good luck to all this week....any news, voltige?

Does your DH have a lower count than normal? I ask because my RE said that BD'ing the night before the IUI wouldn't make things harder for the IUI.
I don't remember my trigger shot hurting............maybe it's because I have more fat
post #87 of 259
Thread Starter 
Voltige - I'm keeping everything crossed for you! Let me know if you want to be moved, but I'd be happy to wait until you've seen a heartbeat.

Needle in the Hay - Welcome!

So I asked about the odds on injectable FSH (not the HCG trigger) vs. Clomid/Femara when I had my IUI yesterday. They said the odds on Clomid/Femara are 10-15% - same as bd'ing for fertile people. The odds for injectible FSH are higher - 20-25% - due to multiple eggs. The odds for IVF are 50-60%.

My RE also has a policy of 24 hrs of abstinence before an IUI, so it might just be the preference of your particular clinic.

I had my IUI yesterday, but my temp didn't go a lot higher this morning (it was a tiny bit higher, but still within pre-O range). We bd'd this morning just in case, and I'm feeling horribly crampy today (ovulation?). So I wonder if we've mistimed the IUI. I'm just not feeling optimistic this time around.
post #88 of 259
CD 1 for me. oh well, @ least it waited till I got home from work to start bleeding and cramping! Amazingly, no meltdown- I think I had enough of them in the last week!! I was kinda just ready to get AF over w/ and start again.

My dr mentioned something about IUI this month, I am just not convinced I want to do that just yet. Did anyone have a post coital test before they started the IUI?
post #89 of 259
Thread Starter 
crystal-mommy, I had a post coital test before IUI. The Dr. couldn't find ANY sperm in the cervical fluids, and concluded that they must not be getting through the cervix. I'm a little suspicious ... I mean, can you really deduce that? But realistically, IUI has been better for us than intercourse. We don't feel nearly as guilty if we don't manage to have a lot of sex during the fertile time - it really takes the pressure off. Insurance covers the meds, so we pay $15 copay for the meds and $358 for the IUI... steep, but doable in our financial situation. We've been lucky that way... now if only we could get lucky and conceive!
post #90 of 259
Voltige- keep hanging in there

Songbird- Did you use trigger shot, or just surge detection?

Crystal- How long have you been TTC?

Yes the trigger shot hurts!!!

Well, had IUI today. Went home and fell promptly to sleep. I blame the trigger shot! (even though that was Sunday) 11 million motile sperm. I never felt my O this month, but it was the first month of injections, which caused major ovary pain for me, so who knows.
post #91 of 259
Thread Starter 
surge detection - I had my blood drawn daily until my LH went up.
post #92 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Voltige- keep hanging in there

Songbird- Did you use trigger shot, or just surge detection?

Crystal- How long have you been TTC?

Yes the trigger shot hurts!!!

Well, had IUI today. Went home and fell promptly to sleep. I blame the trigger shot! (even though that was Sunday) 11 million motile sperm. I never felt my O this month, but it was the first month of injections, which caused major ovary pain for me, so who knows.
Good luck!!!!! Our successful IUI was with only 10 million sperm. You had a whole million more Isn't it amazing that it only takes one?????
post #93 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Does your DH have a lower count than normal? I ask because my RE said that BD'ing the night before the IUI wouldn't make things harder for the IUI.
I don't remember my trigger shot hurting............maybe it's because I have more fat
My DH does have a slightly lower count than usual, so maybe that is why she wanted to wait. I am so anxious to start w/ IUI, but maybe with the trigger and all the BDing, we will get lucky....:

So, I got a letter in the mail from my insurance today that I have been approved to deliver my baby on November 11 ( I miscarried in April). Wow! That totally threw me, and I've been crying all afternoon. Isn't it amazing that nobody caught that?? Ugghhh....emotions!!!
post #94 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Voltige- keep hanging in there

Songbird- Did you use trigger shot, or just surge detection?

Crystal- How long have you been TTC?

Yes the trigger shot hurts!!!

Well, had IUI today. Went home and fell promptly to sleep. I blame the trigger shot! (even though that was Sunday) 11 million motile sperm. I never felt my O this month, but it was the first month of injections, which caused major ovary pain for me, so who knows.
naturalmom I will keep you in my thoughts! I hope your 2ww flies right by!
post #95 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
So, I got a letter in the mail from my insurance today that I have been approved to deliver my baby on November 11 ( I miscarried in April). Wow! That totally threw me, and I've been crying all afternoon. Isn't it amazing that nobody caught that?? Ugghhh....emotions!!!
you deserve lots of hugs for that! how rude!


natrualmom We have been TTC for 3.5 yrs. We have taken a couple of breaks in between. We have been doing the whole infertility meds, etc for 6 months now.

I just keep reminding myself it has only been 1 full cycle since I had my surgery... realistically my bladder problems have just now corrected themselves in the last 2-3 weeks (I had to pee every 2-3 hours and would get up @ night countless times- during the surgery he found my bladder attached to my uterus), so maybe my uterus and "insides" are finally healed from all the manipulation during the surgery.



Volt how are you feeling? any more spotting/cramping??
post #96 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post

So, I got a letter in the mail from my insurance today that I have been approved to deliver my baby on November 11 ( I miscarried in April). Wow! That totally threw me, and I've been crying all afternoon. Isn't it amazing that nobody caught that?? Ugghhh....emotions!!!
Oh, that's awful. Truly awful. I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post

I just keep reminding myself it has only been 1 full cycle since I had my surgery... realistically my bladder problems have just now corrected themselves in the last 2-3 weeks (I had to pee every 2-3 hours and would get up @ night countless times- during the surgery he found my bladder attached to my uterus), so maybe my uterus and "insides" are finally healed from all the manipulation during the surgery.



Volt how are you feeling? any more spotting/cramping??
Doing well here No more spotting or cramping. My cervix is nice and firm and closed, and I had another positive hpt this morning I'll save the real celebration until after I get my numbers on Thursday, but I am very hopeful!

Remind me what your surgery was for? I had a laparoscopy in mid August and this was my second cycle post-surgery, I believe. (Unsure only because I think AF was due and started the day OF the surgery- but it's impossible to know for sure). Anyway, we conceived this cycle. I don't yet know if it will stick, but we conceived for the first time in 15 months of trying. I hope you see similar results!
post #97 of 259
Thanks for the hugs!!

Voltige, I am thrilled for you!! Keep up the positive thinking!!

crystal-mommy- You have given me hope....we just reached 3 years of TTC. Thank you!
post #98 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
My DH does have a slightly lower count than usual, so maybe that is why she wanted to wait. I am so anxious to start w/ IUI, but maybe with the trigger and all the BDing, we will get lucky....:

So, I got a letter in the mail from my insurance today that I have been approved to deliver my baby on November 11 ( I miscarried in April). Wow! That totally threw me, and I've been crying all afternoon. Isn't it amazing that nobody caught that?? Ugghhh....emotions!!!
That is brutal. I am so sorry Lola. That must have been utterly surreal.

BTW when my DH had a slightly lower count than wanted, I had him take maca and it more than doubled his #s.
post #99 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

Doing well here No more spotting or cramping. My cervix is nice and firm and closed, and I had another positive hpt this morning I'll save the real celebration until after I get my numbers on Thursday, but I am very hopeful!

Remind me what your surgery was for? I had a laparoscopy in mid August and this was my second cycle post-surgery, I believe. (Unsure only because I think AF was due and started the day OF the surgery- but it's impossible to know for sure). Anyway, we conceived this cycle. I don't yet know if it will stick, but we conceived for the first time in 15 months of trying. I hope you see similar results!
:: All positive thoughts your way Voltige!
post #100 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
My dr mentioned something about IUI this month, I am just not convinced I want to do that just yet. Did anyone have a post coital test before they started the IUI?
I can relate to that. There's no need to jump right into it if you're not sure yet. We did have the post coital test and there wasn't any problem with it but will do our first IUI this coming cycle (should start any time now) because it's been so long for us and we don't know why we haven't conceived in 5 yrs (except for one early m/c in 2005) so trying IUI seems the next logical step.

Knowing we are trying something different has helped to ease the pain and has given me renewed motivation to take good care of myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread!