or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania › I love PA--Now with FRAPPR map-- please add yourself!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I love PA--Now with FRAPPR map-- please add yourself! - Page 3

post #41 of 59
Thread Starter 
I'm just lonely, with no pin buddies here.

I'm going to be in Lancaster this weekend. Anyone want to give me an excuse to escape? :
post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I'm just lonely, with no pin buddies here.

I'm going to be in Lancaster this weekend. Anyone want to give me an excuse to escape? :
Oh cool! Where in Lancaster? What are you doing? I live right in the city. Escape as in "meet up?"
post #43 of 59
My birthday is Saturday. I was thinking of hiding in a cave, taking a hot bath in *silence*, and eating half of a cake.
post #44 of 59
Thread Starter 
That would be cool. We're staying with my in-laws in Lititz, but DH said I could escape on Sunday (we're going to the Philly Zoo on Saturday).

I grew up in Lancaster city, on Lemon Street.
post #45 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
My birthday is Saturday. I was thinking of hiding in a cave, taking a hot bath in *silence*, and eating half of a cake.
That sounds really peaceful Rynna. Happy birthday!
post #46 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
That would be cool. We're staying with my in-laws in Lititz, but DH said I could escape on Sunday (we're going to the Philly Zoo on Saturday).

I grew up in Lancaster city, on Lemon Street.
Cool! I work at the synagogue across from the hospital on Duke Street, and I live off of Hazel, in the 8th Ward.

Are you thinking about going anywhere in particular?

ETA: Happy birthday, Rynna! Need help with the other half? Are we meeting about Earth Scouts? I don't think I heard back.
post #47 of 59
OK girls I have tears in my eyes. I grew up in PA. Bangor to be exact. Just south of the Poconos and Just north of the Lehigh Valley. I moved to Asheville, NC because of the awesome vibe here:::... Now we are realizing that we have to move back to PA and I am even more anxious to get on with the move after reading this thread. I always here such bad things about PA. People badmouth it and I must admit I have said some not-so-nice things about PA myself. (sorry pennsylvania I take it all back. I miss it. I am homesick. I want to meet up with some of you mamas when I get back up there. :
post #48 of 59
PA lover here! It's such a diverse state in so many ways.
post #49 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
OK girls I have tears in my eyes. I grew up in PA. Bangor to be exact. Just south of the Poconos and Just north of the Lehigh Valley. I moved to Asheville, NC because of the awesome vibe here:::... Now we are realizing that we have to move back to PA and I am even more anxious to get on with the move after reading this thread. I always here such bad things about PA. People badmouth it and I must admit I have said some not-so-nice things about PA myself. (sorry pennsylvania I take it all back. I miss it. I am homesick. I want to meet up with some of you mamas when I get back up there. :
Awwwwwwwwww...

PA loves you back! Where are you moving to?
post #50 of 59
I'm in Brodheadsville, about 20 minutes from Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Wind Gap, Bangor... pretty much everywhere is 20-25 minutes from me. LOL. I grew up all over the Pocono's, finally settling in Stroudsburg, where I went to middle and high school. Then, after I married, we moved to the good ol' West End. Nice to "meet" you all!!
post #51 of 59
I live in Philly but have driven through most of the state and love it here, especially at this time of year!

The leaves are goregous, the kids make big piles and jump in and yesterday, a little girl at my son's school even make herself a leaf boquet. It was beautiful!

Take care!
Jen
post #52 of 59
Still missing PA, two years after I moved away! If you are lucky enough to live there, go check out the state parks. We stayed in several cabins for weekend getaways. They are awesome and sooo cheap.
post #53 of 59
Another new york transplant here who loves pa. We're in Philly and looking for fun daytrips to get us out of the city with 3 kids (4, 2 and 5 days--obviously not going anywhere right this minute).

We've been to Longwood Gardens but haven't explored any state parks which I'd like to do. Suggestions?

Thanks, J
post #54 of 59
I : PA too! I've lived here (Philly suburbs) all my life, well except for the six years I lived in Scranton during college.

jgale, I'd start with Fairmount Park right in the city! I believe it's the largest city park in the country! Fort Washington state park is also nice; it has an observation deck to watch hawks and other prey-type birds that come around. HTH!
post #55 of 59
jgale, come to Lancaster! Lots of history and fun stuff to do, and you can take your kiddos to the Strasburg railroad and on a buggy ride and stuff.
post #56 of 59
whahhh iam so sad i am originally from Norwood Pa right outside of Philly, I miss it, we moved to Florida 9 months ago and I am so ready to go home, I Love PA too!
but my dh doesnt want to go back he wants to stay here in florida but i think I may be able to get him back up north atleast in jersey somewhere within in an hour or so. I am jealous of you all I miss miss miss it.
the season changes the trees changing the chilly holiday feel, i dont think i will feel that much here.

Lucky You!
post #57 of 59
i added my name to the map, i think i added my name on anothers location too by accident, sorry
anyhow i am up on the map!
post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoogs View Post
whahhh iam so sad i am originally from Norwood Pa right outside of Philly, I miss it, we moved to Florida 9 months ago and I am so ready to go home, I Love PA too!
but my dh doesnt want to go back he wants to stay here in florida but i think I may be able to get him back up north atleast in jersey somewhere within in an hour or so. I am jealous of you all I miss miss miss it.
the season changes the trees changing the chilly holiday feel, i dont think i will feel that much here.

Lucky You!
I cannot believe you are from Norwood...so am I. Wow, that is crazy. I live in Drexel Hill now, but I grew up in Norwood and started moving around after high school. How old are you?
post #59 of 59
Hi Lori
I am 36 we only lived in Norwood for the past 2 years, before that we lived in Glenolden and before that Broomall, yes I know we move a lot LOL!

But I am originally from Sharon Hill, that is where I was raised.
and then in my twenties my dh and myself moved to Broomall, didnt like it there so we moved back to Glenolden, and so on and so forth, and now we are in Florida, help!!! lol.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania › I love PA--Now with FRAPPR map-- please add yourself!