or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › The Childhood Years › I think my 4yo was sexually abused UPDATE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think my 4yo was sexually abused UPDATE - Page 7

post #121 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
We are ok. The trip to the beach did wonders. We found a new place and move this weekend. I am calling tomorrow to find out if contact has been made with the other family.
I'm glad that you found a new place. My sister had a "bad" incident some years ago and can't go near where it occurred ever again.

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

post #122 of 163
I couldn't read and not offer hugs . I am also an abuse survivor, and it makes me sick to my stomach that this kind of stuff happens to kids.

I wanted to throw out the idea of craniosacral therapy for both you and your daughter. It is a light touch therapy that can help you access and release emotions and trauma that is stored in your body. I spent years and years and years in talk therapy, but it wasn't until I started doing bodywork that my healing went to a new level. I do CST, energy work, guided imagery and also homeopathy (the latter three from the intuitive healer that I see). Anyway, I've uncovered stuff in CST sessions that I really felt I'd healed from, but turns out there were lingering traces of it in my body. It's very powerful stuff. You can search for a practitioner here, and of course for such a difficult situation you would want to make sure you were working with a very skilled practitioner with lots of experience in this area. I see a massage therapist who is highly trained in CST, but I know there is a psychologist in my area who has the training as well.

Good luck mama. Sending lots of love and light your way .
post #123 of 163
Thinking of you and your family today. Hope they managed to track him down.


post #124 of 163
Thread Starter 
OK, so here's what happened so far.

They called and spoke to J (mom) and said she and the kids needed to come into be interviewed. She asked why, and they said they were conducting an investigation into the safety of the kids or something like that. She said she didn't feel comfortable doing that without talking to her husband. When she got off the phone with the detective, she called her stepfather who is an attorney. He said don't talk at all. Then the attorney called the detective and said that the parents would not be interviewed, but that they would make the children available for an interview to cooperate with an investigation into the safety of the children. Then A called the detective and asked a million questions which ulimately ended in "is my wife being accused of something?" No. "am I being accused of something?" Yes. A then said something to the affect of "i've never done anything inappropriate with any child."

The detective has warned me that the DA may decide not to file charges if the children do not have anything to add because he has invoked his right to silence. If charges are filed, then they will find out we are the accusers, until then, they will know nothing.

The detective will meet with the DA next Friday and the kids are coming in sometime next week. We move the bedroom today and continue through the end of the month. The Baltimore Free Store is coming to pick some stuff up tomorrow because we are downsizing some. Ugh.
post #125 of 163
I haven't posted yet, but I've followed this thread with interest and have thought about you and your daughter a lot over the past couple of weeks. I just want to say what a wonderful mother you are for taking your DD seriously and taking extreme measures like moving to ensure her comfort. As awful as her ordeal was, I think she will take great comfort and security in knowing how ferociously you're protecting her now.
post #126 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
OK, so here's what happened so far.

They called and spoke to J (mom) and said she and the kids needed to come into be interviewed. She asked why, and they said they were conducting an investigation into the safety of the kids or something like that. She said she didn't feel comfortable doing that without talking to her husband. When she got off the phone with the detective, she called her stepfather who is an attorney. He said don't talk at all. Then the attorney called the detective and said that the parents would not be interviewed, but that they would make the children available for an interview to cooperate with an investigation into the safety of the children. Then A called the detective and asked a million questions which ulimately ended in "is my wife being accused of something?" No. "am I being accused of something?" Yes. A then said something to the affect of "i've never done anything inappropriate with any child."

The detective has warned me that the DA may decide not to file charges if the children do not have anything to add because he has invoked his right to silence. If charges are filed, then they will find out we are the accusers, until then, they will know nothing.

The detective will meet with the DA next Friday and the kids are coming in sometime next week. We move the bedroom today and continue through the end of the month. The Baltimore Free Store is coming to pick some stuff up tomorrow because we are downsizing some. Ugh.
Mama, I have been following your thread (this is the first time I am able to type....no bf baby attached) and I really, really applaud you for not letting this slide. I have a almost 4 year old dd myself and this just horrifies me that anyone could do this to a child (not to mention how a mother could walk in and not do anything...but that is another thread). Big hugs to you, and especially your dd.....my heart really goes out to you both. Thank you for standing up for your daughter and believing in her. One day she is going to look back on this and a huge part of her healing will be due to the fact that you believed her and supported her.
post #127 of 163
I couldn't read and not post. I pray that your family and little girl will be stronger after all this.



And to the perve!
post #128 of 163
Quote:
One day she is going to look back on this and a huge part of her healing will be due to the fact that you believed her and supported her.
I agree with this 100%. I think you are doing an amazing job mama.
post #129 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post
I haven't posted yet, but I've followed this thread with interest and have thought about you and your daughter a lot over the past couple of weeks. I just want to say what a wonderful mother you are for taking your DD seriously and taking extreme measures like moving to ensure her comfort. As awful as her ordeal was, I think she will take great comfort and security in knowing how ferociously you're protecting her now.
Ditto.
post #130 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
Then A called the detective and asked a million questions which ulimately ended in "is my wife being accused of something?" No. "am I being accused of something?" Yes. A then said something to the affect of "i've never done anything inappropriate with any child."
Of course that is what he said! It sounds exactly the way guilty people sound. Makes total sense to me that this was his response.

The rest of us would most likely be completely shocked and desperately trying to figure out exactly what someone might have accussed us of.

By the way, could there be legal complications from you sharing this online, even without the full names? I could be totally off base, but I only ask because I know periodically people on MDC who ended up involved in legal cases of one case or another have been advised not to speak about it online.
post #131 of 163
You are amazing. My heart is breaking for you.
post #132 of 163


I am so so sorry.
post #133 of 163
I hope things come along, mama.
post #134 of 163
Thinking of you and your family
post #135 of 163
I am so sorry for your little girl and your family. May you find a place of healing. You are doing such amazing things for her, I am so amazed that you are actually moving (I would do the same if I were in the same situation). It is such a wonderful act of tenderness.......ou go mama, you protect your cubs and take good care of you too. Peace to you and your babe.
post #136 of 163
You are an amazing mama

This must be so hard on all of you right now....but all I can think of is how much better things will be (in comparison to how they could be) because you have handled this all so well.

I have boys...no daughters...but I can still say that before I read this thread it would never have occured to me to stay calm and not aggressively press for more information.

I hate that you had to start this thread...but thank you so much for sharing how you've handled everything.

post #137 of 163
mysticmommy-

i just have to say as an abuse survivor, THANK YOU for calling the police and following through and thank you for moving your daughter away from harm.

my mother wouldnt do that for me and it completely demolished our already fragile relationship.

i am so happy that your daughter has such a wonderful, caring and responsible mother and father. know that i am here, reading and sending all the good energy, and strength vibes possible to you and your family.
post #138 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
..."i've never done anything inappropriate with any child."...

Interesting that he should cut to the chase like that. So he finds out it's you, so what? Friends come and go, but family is for life. Even if he's found not guilty, it's still worth the trial. Don't be afraid to keep at him mama. Be strong!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
...could there be legal complications from you sharing this online, even without the full names?...
: Worth checking into. If you're advised not to talk about it online, PM a mod and ask them to remove this thread. (I mention this in the unlikely event that you weren't aware you could do that )


.
post #139 of 163
have been following your thread, mama, and am sending prayers and light your way. you are doing a GREAT job simply by believing your daughter and taking steps to protect her! i am going through similar circumstances with daughter and her father, it has been hell for us because "official" people don't believe her, although she's disclosed about the abuse to nearly every adult she knows and even a few of her friends.

you handled it great by staying so calm at first!! when i heard the very first revelation from my daughter, i did the same, not knowing if i would influence her memories (she was 3 at the time, i know how their perceptions of reality and fantasy fluctuates at that age). to this day the only thing i tell her is "it's not your fault" and "it's ok to tell" for fear of being accused of coaching her. the "official" people dropped her case because they have to close a case within 60 days and there was no physical evidence i wouldn't be able to move, you are so brave and resourceful!!

one thing i've learned from the people who are helping us/her is that the full memories may not surface until she's older, perhaps even 8 or 9. i've learned that some kids - the ones not encouraged to bury or deny the abuse - deal with the psychological effects through their teens and even into adulthood, even if it's just one incident at age 3. stay strong for the long haul and keep doing what you're doing!!! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
post #140 of 163
To the OP, I commend you with all of my heart for hearing and believing your dear daughter. She is extremely lucky to have you as a mother. You are doing everything correctly; especially the calm listening and alerting the authorities.

Your daughter is a survivor. From one to another, I offer healing vibes...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Childhood Years
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › The Childhood Years › I think my 4yo was sexually abused UPDATE