Lets see...... what DON'T I have to do!!!
In 3 more months- yikes!! That's it?!- this is all I have to get done.....
- Christmas shopping/wrapping- there is no time to make things this year
- Knit, knit, knit, & sew, sew, sew!!! I plan on making MOST of my wool soakers and a good portion of the fitted cloth dipes.
- Switch providers. New MW has newborn priviledges
-Finally call and switch to the new general practitioner/ped
- Find out if another MW has gotten her certification so a HB would be covered by our insurance. Then I ahve all of that prep to get done!!
- Clean, clean, clean. This house is crammed with so much stuff from two households it's almost unbearable.
- Set up crib(sidecar) and changing table
- move my sewing table to upstairs
- make and freeze a bunch of meals(anything the family makes is not deamed edible by my standards & they could care less about my intolerances so I'll be doomed if I don't do this myself) Allergies?! There's no such thing!!
- teach DH how to do the laundry(no, he has no idea how to do it and I don't even trust him at this point) I have a certain routine and my MIL is BOUND to bleach everything- she has ruined countless items of clothing so far
- teach DH how I want the dishes done- MIL uses bleach ON THE FREAKIN' DISHES!!!!!
- go through the Hypnobabies home study- I'm so happy to have it
- wash everything- I'm partially there but there are many more things that need to be cleaned.
- make sure people understand what we want and need for the baby. No crappy plastic stuff, cloth diapers, all that good stuff. I am willing to return a bunch of stuff too.
- pack baby bag and my bag incase I end up birthing at a hospital.
- make up a PP basket for the side of the bed with reading, snacks, stuff for DS to do, etc.
- get my belly done with henna and have the maternity photos taken
- set up a big brother party for DS
- set up homeschooling lessons, crafts, etc. for someone else to help- we basically unschool but if someone else is going to help I'll NEED a schedule, kwim?
- Let the homeschooling ladies know who will be in charge of the group while I'm gone
THINGS WE/I NEED-
- a baby hammock- I have my eye on the most beautiful one EVER!!!!
- a mei tai- hopefully a friend of mine is going to make one that looks like a delux Kleinsmekker. I am NOT dishing out $450 for a silly baby carrier!! It better do the laundry, the dishes, & DH for that price!!
- buy more herbs for post partum nutritive tea
- buy/make new diaper bag- the old one is all blue, totally boyish
Other then all that I think we're good. I know my aunt IL is going to throw me a baby shower and is going to go WAY overboard with the girl stuff(the whole family really). There hasn't been a baby girl in the family in a VERY long time.
My mom is making the crib bedding
I can't wait to see it, it's going to be so beautiful!!
My small list of things done-
- mama/postpartum pads made and washed
- breast pads washed
- girly wipes made and washed
I'm sure I missed something.......now I need chocolate!