or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C-section Scheduled

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Well, my c-section is scheduled for 10/29. I'll be 39w2d if I make it that far. I'm hoping to go into labor before, but if not, I'm ok with it being scheduled...at least I'll get my doctor.

When my doctor called today about scheduling it, I just told her to pick a day...I didn't want to be responsible for choosing my daughter's birthday. It seems weird to me.

I'm just thinking about a scheduled c-section, though, and how weird it will be to be pregnant one minute and not the next with no transition at all. I at least had a couple hours of labor with my son.
post #2 of 18
I have had scheduled c/s's with each one. It is very surreal in many ways to walk into the hospital perfectly pregnant with labor no where in site knowing you are about to have your baby. I would give anything to not know the date the baby will be born (I have had a pretty good idea the whole time given how she has scheduled me in the past), but that is not how things work for me. I have just had to make peace with it.
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
I'm just thinking about a scheduled c-section, though, and how weird it will be to be pregnant one minute and not the next with no transition at all. I at least had a couple hours of labor with my son.
Maybe you could do some kind of ritual beforehand, so that you're starting the process at home. Light candles, put on the kind of soft music you might like for labor, do some breathing with your husband, talk about your feelings about meeting the new baby. You could get all blissed out before you go to the hospital, and maybe then it wouldn't feel as jarring.
post #4 of 18
Well, congrats I think? And many happy blessings for a safe procedure! That does sound odd, to be pregnant, and then not pregnant!
post #5 of 18
I too, ended up scheduling a c-sec this week. Finn will be born on Nov. 17th. It is very surreal, both my other boys were c-secs, although Ds1 was not planned.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinginhipmama View Post
I too, ended up scheduling a c-sec this week. Finn will be born on Nov. 17th. It is very surreal, both my other boys were c-secs, although Ds1 was not planned.
This is the same date I am anticipating my c/s. My OB typically schedules it the Monday before my edd.
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post
Maybe you could do some kind of ritual beforehand, so that you're starting the process at home. Light candles, put on the kind of soft music you might like for labor, do some breathing with your husband, talk about your feelings about meeting the new baby. You could get all blissed out before you go to the hospital, and maybe then it wouldn't feel as jarring.
That is a good idea. I had actually thought about trying to "mentally" labor the night before.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinginhipmama View Post
I too, ended up scheduling a c-sec this week. Finn will be born on Nov. 17th. It is very surreal, both my other boys were c-secs, although Ds1 was not planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_vie_en_rose View Post
This is the same date I am anticipating my c/s. My OB typically schedules it the Monday before my edd.
I'm sorry that we're all facing c-sections. It's definitely not the ideal birth, but we all have our reasons and we will be rewarded with happy, healthy babies in the end.
post #9 of 18
to you mamas with scheduled c-sections. I was a c-section baby myself--my mom labored with me for several hours, but my younger sister was scheduled.
I love Katielady's suggestion! Very cool idea. I think that could change the whole experience.
post #10 of 18
I really like Katelady's suggestion too.

Maybe that's a night for a special dinner as a family of X... you know the go out kind or special take out. It's a time to celebrate.

s to all of you mommas with scheduled c's
post #11 of 18
I'm planning to bake a birthday cake for the baby with the boys and Dh the night before.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinginhipmama View Post
I too, ended up scheduling a c-sec this week. Finn will be born on Nov. 17th. It is very surreal, both my other boys were c-secs, although Ds1 was not planned.
I'm sorry to hear this, mama. I know you were looking forward to a VBAC. Nov 17th is a good day. It's my actual edd.


I hope everyone's c-sections are smooth and recovery is quick.
post #13 of 18
:
hooray for us! the mamas who carry these little bundles around for 9 (10) months!

we too are scheduled for a section, on election day!
it looks like a girl, so we won't be naming her obama, even though DS (who is two) thinks we should.

wishing you a safe and happy delivery, enjoy welcoming your new little one to the world!
:
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubean View Post
:
hooray for us! the mamas who carry these little bundles around for 9 (10) months!

we too are scheduled for a section, on election day!
it looks like a girl, so we won't be naming her obama, even though DS (who is two) thinks we should.

wishing you a safe and happy delivery, enjoy welcoming your new little one to the world!
:
Good luck! Can you vote early where you live? I am planning to vote early just in case the baby decides to come early - don't want to miss my chance!
post #15 of 18
me too me too...only my c-section is scheduled for next wednesday. the main reason for it being right at 37 weeks is we want to avoid labor with me having a complete previa. my doc is afraid that if i go into labor, i may begin to hemorrhage. im praying for a smooth complication free delivery though.
ive actually already been on ctx monitors and go back again tomorrow cause she is on call. im still having ctx since monday when both my dogs died and i got so upset i damn near went into labor on my own. so if im still contracting tomorrow im not sure if she'll want to go ahead and admit me or just send me back home in hopes that they slow down over the weekend.

easy delivery and recovery vibes to us all!!!
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Wow, darlintxmomma, you could have our DDC's first full-term baby!!
post #17 of 18
Good luck mamas, you will all be in my thoughts!!
post #18 of 18
I have a c/s scheduled too. Nov. 19th, my due date is the 23rd, so I'm happy its nice and close to my edd.
This time I am planning on a little birthday party for when we get home, the day or so before I want to go get a birthday cake and stick it in the fridge so its waiting for us and maybe get the kids to help us decorate the house a little. Just something to make it more real and celebratory.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2008