or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › you know you have a crappy sleeper when....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

you know you have a crappy sleeper when.... - Page 3

post #41 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Thanks for making me laugh! I have a crappy sleeper, but you totally win. DD sleeps for at least one 2 hour stretch most nights.

*When you look forward to going to work since you can catnap at lunch in your office.

*When your DH sincerely wants you to stop driving and carrying the baby around the house since you are so unimaginably clumsy.

*When you truly want to smack every person who tells you they're "so sleepy" because they had to wake up at 6 AM, or went to bed late, or whatever. I always say "no you're not" when people tell me they're tired, unless they have an LO like DD!

*When your nightly prayer includes "please let her sleep tonight".
~Or when your nightly prayer consists entirely of "Dear God, Please make her sleep."
post #42 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Oh yeah - I've even asked the ped for a referral to a sleep clinic or specialist.

I forgot one:
*When lack of sleep changes your baby making plans from 2 to just this one.
hehehe My stock answer when my first was little and people asked when we were having another was,"When this one sleeps!" Yup I have 2 kids and no sleepers.
post #43 of 103
Thread Starter 
* your LO refuses to put on a diaper at bedtime even though she is not potty trained. the last time you tried to put a diaper on her while asleep she woke up for five hours. so now you are laying in a puddle of piss because you are too afraid she will wake up if you put a diaper on. but now you learn she hates the towels you are trying to use and she wakes up anyway. so now the whole bedroom smells like urine and still no sleep

* you let her watch tv for the first time ever because it stops her night time screaming. last night and tonight. thus you can update teh "you know your child is a crappy sleeper" thread
post #44 of 103
*When you are reading a thread entitled ykyhacsw and thinking of things to add when your will-be-four-in-less-than-a-month year old child wakes up after having been sleeping for less than two hours and it's 2:20 am!
post #45 of 103
When your LO playing at your feet at 1 in the morning is an improvement because there is no crying.

P.S. It is one in the morning. right now.
post #46 of 103
lol
when you are online posting on a message board at 4 am, you havent slept in 3 nights for more than 3-4 hrs a night, and you have a lap full of sloppy, asleeping baby who will wake up immedietly when put down.
!
so tired!!!
sleep all you crappily sleeping babies, sleeeeeep!
post #47 of 103
Hey, maybe we should do an energy circle. If it works for healing, maybe it will work for sleep. That last post gave me the idea with the sleeeeeep thing Erin wrote . So, whenever you check this thread, chant sleeeeeeep to all the babies sending their parents bonkers, and if you are religious, send it out as prayer, if you're otherwise spiritual, send it out as a spell/wish/energy and if you are athiest or otherwise not into the groove of the "oneness" and interconnectedness gig, just do it dammit - even if it's to humour us.

You're not allowed to leave this thread without doing it. Deal? Ok... ready... set... go!
post #48 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
Hey, maybe we should do an energy circle. If it works for healing, maybe it will work for sleep. That last post gave me the idea with the sleeeeeep thing Erin wrote . So, whenever you check this thread, chant sleeeeeeep to all the babies sending their parents bonkers, and if you are religious, send it out as prayer, if you're otherwise spiritual, send it out as a spell/wish/energy and if you are athiest or otherwise not into the groove of the "oneness" and interconnectedness gig, just do it dammit - even if it's to humour us.

You're not allowed to leave this thread without doing it. Deal? Ok... ready... set... go!
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp ppppppppppp stinky little babies!
(and wear diapers so you don't pee all over mama. )
post #49 of 103
~ When you're glad it's morning just because it means the night is over, even though you haven't slept. Yup that's how bad the nights are. *le sigh* Why am I still waking up 7 or 8 times a night with a 2yo? I swear I get less sleep than newborn parents. Heck MY dd slept better as a newborn, too bad it didn't last.:
post #50 of 103
I love this thread.... I can so relate to all of them. After a sleepless night and feeling horrible, I'm able to sit here and giggle at some these, these are hilarious. I need to spend more time in this forum, I have a feeling I can relate to A LOT of you. I need help, although after 3+ years of sleep hell, I have a feeling that only time will help. Thanks mamas!
post #51 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle.h View Post
I love this thread.... I can so relate to all of them. After a sleepless night and feeling horrible, I'm able to sit here and giggle at some these, these are hilarious. I need to spend more time in this forum, I have a feeling I can relate to A LOT of you. I need help, although after 3+ years of sleep hell, I have a feeling that only time will help. Thanks mamas!
Ha! You know you have a crappy sleeper when you come to this thread to post about your 3 year old instead of your 8 month old!

Praying, chanting... Sleeeeppppp silly sleepless babies.
post #52 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurve View Post
*
*when you hear people say their child used to sleep for 5 hours but now gets up every two hours and you think to yourself, "babies can sleep for two hours in a row?!!"

It's hard to not want to strangle those people too. They have no idea.
Thanks for making feel like I'm not alone.
post #53 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Ha! You know you have a crappy sleeper when you come to this thread to post about your 3 year old instead of your 8 month old!

Praying, chanting... Sleeeeppppp silly sleepless babies.
So true. I just don't get it, our 3 year old has us baffled.
post #54 of 103
Quote:
When it takes you longer to get her down for a nap than she actually naps.
I can soooo relate to this one!! today he nursed for over an hour and a half.. never did fall asleep, which means neither did I.. and I specifically took him up to nap because I had a migraine! I don't even want to consider night time sleep right now... Dreading tonight..

--you postpone going to bed, because you don't want to deal with the fight that you know that bedtime is going to be, thus making the situation worse on some nights because DS becomes overtired and thus more fussy, but even though you try to resolve that you won't do that again, you find yourself doing it over and over again, because you just do NOT want to deal with the bed time fight..

--you truly wish it were possible for your DH to nurse your DS to sleep just ONCE to give you some relief!

--you have not one, but THREE books on improving your child's sleep checked out from the library
post #55 of 103
When your co workers wife had a baby 2 weeks ago and today was his first day back and work and when you ask how he is doing he answer “I’m so tired. The baby is waking up every 4 hours.” And you start crying because your 15 month old has never slept 4 hours. Ever

Gah that was embarrassing At least I got to the bathroom before he saw the tears.
post #56 of 103
I so need this thread today. 12 month old no-sleeper here.

- I burst into tears when our friends with 7 month old twins said they go down at 8 and sleep till 7. Oh, when teething, they're "not too bad..wake up for 10 mins, give motrin, go back to sleep. only happens like one night". They also take 2 hour naps in the morning and night like clockwork. Really, I was crying at dinner.

- when people ask you what you want for Christmas and you say "a full night of sleep".

- when DH asks if you wanted to go on a "girls weekend" with sisters and cousins that just occurred and you say you'd rather check into a hotel by yourself and sleep. Why would I go do something that would make me sleep even less than at home?? (going out, staying up late talking, etc)
post #57 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirta View Post

--you have not one, but THREE books on improving your child's sleep checked out from the library
And not one of them has anything useful....
post #58 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpsfan View Post
- I burst into tears when our friends with 7 month old twins said they go down at 8 and sleep till 7. Oh, when teething, they're "not too bad..wake up for 10 mins, give motrin, go back to sleep. only happens like one night". They also take 2 hour naps in the morning and night like clockwork. Really, I was crying at dinner.

- when people ask you what you want for Christmas and you say "a full night of sleep".

-

:

I burst into tears, too, when I saw not one, not two, but three babies drift off peacefully to sleep in a room full of people. (Your baby sleeps somewhere other than a darkened room with white noise while you wrestle them to be still long enough to sleep?) Then the moms put the babies down and they were STILL ASLEEP!


-when you openly lie when people ask about sleep. I say "Seriously, I don't know, I stopped counting. I know she's improving because I don't feel as badly. Or, ya she wakes once or twice sometimes but I barely notice anyway." Lies, lies, all lies.
post #59 of 103

Sleeeeep!

SLEEEEEEEP babies, and toddlers, SLEEP!:yawning:
post #60 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn C. View Post
:

I burst into tears, too, when I saw not one, not two, but three babies drift off peacefully to sleep in a room full of people. (Your baby sleeps somewhere other than a darkened room with white noise while you wrestle them to be still long enough to sleep?) Then the moms put the babies down and they were STILL ASLEEP!
I was recently on a flight with a mom and kid who fell asleep, with no crying, after she walked him around for 2 minutes, and then slept on her lap for like an hour. DD, of course, was awake for the entire 5 hour flight. I am also amazed at people's kids asleep in strollers out and about.

It makes me want to cry.

People with kids who do sleep like the twins described make me physically ill with jealousy. The dark kind that is not healthy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › you know you have a crappy sleeper when....