or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › you know you have a crappy sleeper when....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

you know you have a crappy sleeper when.... - Page 5

post #81 of 103
Thread Starter 
oay, i am just bumping up my own thread because well, i still have a crappy sleeper and it's been four months since this thread got started and 26 months since i have had sleep! this week she has been waking up every night and staying awake from about one to four am.
they say that sleep regression occurs* right before a big developmental milestone. well watch out world, my DD is going to be the best brain surgeon/rocket scientist/peace maker that you ever saw!!

*of course for "sleep regression" one has to sleep first.....ooops.
post #82 of 103
Oh my favorite thread!!! Love you guys! My latest...

- when you are filling out the "about my toddler" sheet at daycare and the line for Special Napping instructions you say "You tell me! She sleeps longer at daycare than she does at home!". Seriously, DD sleeps for 2 hours straight on a little cot surrounded by 8 other toddlers. On the weekends, I am lucky to get 30 mins and that is with her in arms. Screaming banshee if I try to put her in her crib for naps. I just don't understand.

I am convinced also that we have a rocket scientist here as we are going on a 16 month sleep regression. She's going to start speaking 7 languages or something...
post #83 of 103
All of the moms I know in real life have perfect children who sleep through the night w/o being attached to the boob.


You know they are lying right?!
That is the best advice my expert mom friend told me. All those people with perfect children are lying.


BTW I heard if you don't get enough REM sleep you go crazy. What's the time frame on that? 2-3 years?
post #84 of 103
*When the thought of peeing your pants sounds like a logical decision rather than chancing taking the sleeping baby out of the wrap and going to the bathroom.


the thought above made me realize...

*When you only wear pants with elastic/ties so you can just pull them down one handed rather than disturb the sleeping baby in the wrap.
post #85 of 103
[QUOTE=lurve;13488630]oay, i am just bumping up my own thread because well, i still have a crappy sleeper and it's been four months since this thread got started and 26 months since i have had sleep! this week she has been waking up every night and staying awake from about one to four am.
they say that sleep regression occurs* right before a big developmental milestone. well watch out world, my DD is going to be the best brain surgeon/rocket scientist/peace maker that you ever saw!!

Oh man! This is so what I've been saying this week, as Iz takes naps, but wakes up every. hour. at. night. Ack! She's going to be curing cancer in the next couple of months at this rate.
post #86 of 103
This thread is hilarious!

But here's my contribution...

You know you have a crappy sleeper when - you call the neighbour you don't know very well to come and take the baby because you are out of support resources and you're afraid you're going to hurt her.

True story. Good way to bond with your community, that's for sure.

The woman next door to me has three LOs and we'd said hi and small talk over the fence.

Bet she was surprised to see me one night at three am, babe in arms, asking her to please help me because I had no one and I couldn't take anymore crying.
post #87 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirta View Post
--you have not one, but THREE books on improving your child's sleep checked out from the library
...and you're too tired to actually read them.

I so relate to this thread - my almost 3 yr old has been doing really well this week (my hopes are getting up that there is light at the end of the tunnel), but wow, I've felt most of the things here, and not really had any one irl who's experienced the same.
post #88 of 103
you take to threatening your dh/dp if he/she farts in the night and wakes the baby you *will* inflict bodily harm
its the old 'if I can't fart, you can't fart" rule in our house
post #89 of 103
oh~ and she wakes herself when she farts... it's a lose -lose :


post #90 of 103
mamas

sleep, little ones, sleep
post #91 of 103
* when you must stay in constant motion like a shark

* when you weigh 15 pounds less than your pre-pregnancy weight b/c of the constant motion

* when you give "die now" dirty looks to people in the park who do audible things like talk or laugh when you obviously have a BABY in a wrap

* when your DP buys you a massage & you say "no you take it, I'd rather sleep"

* when you can't go to mama's groups or even LLL meetings b/c other babies might be sleeping there and that is just too upsetting

* when you have to carry a gym ball for bouncing naps if you want to go over to a friends house with your LO

....and....forget peeing.....

* when you consider pooping in the desk trashcan, close enough to the bouncy ball that the LO might sleep through it....
post #92 of 103
(I love you people.)

*When you await those last four teeth like the second coming because you hold out a tiny flame of hope that will signal a great sea change is coming.

*When at work talking about adult topics you regularly forget how you started a sentence before you end it. Short sentences.

I saw a co-worker from a different building today and commented that my 19 mo DS is still not sleeping. She said, "Really? Well how do you cope? My DS [16 mo] sleeps 11-12 hours every night. I get up and do my thing in the morning and when I go in his room he is playing quietly." She could be lying but her son just joined the toddler room at my daycare and he is mellow.

How do I cope????????????? How do I cope??? (Breaking off to hysterical laughter.)
post #93 of 103
...when you wonder if nipples can get worn off while LO nurses all night.
...when you have them nap on your lap in front of the computer while you surf the net so you can feel like you got to do something for yourself.
...when DH (who snores through all baby wakings) says, "I'm so tired." and you have to take a deep breath and count to ten.
...when your MIL asks how baby is sleeping and you sigh and change the subject.
...when friend complains that her baby woke up twice during the night and you choke and shoot herbal tea out of your nose.
Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one.
post #94 of 103
[QUOTE=AngeliqueW;13579641...when DH (who snores through all baby wakings) says, "I'm so tired." and you have to take a deep breath and count to ten.
[/QUOTE]

or he says "I *need* to sleep~ I have to work tomorrow..."
OMG! like being responsible for 3 lives other than my own isn't 'work'?!?
post #95 of 103
...when you look forward to going to the dentist's office, because you can sleep in the chair.
post #96 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkwyrm View Post
...when you look forward to going to the dentist's office, because you can sleep in the chair.

That is so true!
post #97 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post

*When you await those last four teeth like the second coming because you hold out a tiny flame of hope that will signal a great sea change is coming.
This is SOOO me right now. she is getting her last molar in and i am about to cry for fear that it won't stop her sleeping troubles. last night she went to sleep at 1am and woke up at 7 am and was up EVERY 30 minutes. Dear lord, she's 27 months old. i must go get caffeine now.

sleep babies, sleep
post #98 of 103
...when red puffy eyes with dark circles under the lids looks normal....and you're starting to think it's looks nice....
post #99 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartesia View Post
* when you must stay in constant motion like a shark

*
* when you have to carry a gym ball for bouncing naps if you want to go over to a friends house with your LO

.
My DD was born exactly 1 year before yours! I lived on my exercise ball for the first 6 months. Constant bouncing. I had the strongest core in all the land! She's 16.5 months now and the yoga ball still does the trick when she's waaayy overtired. I would seek out exercise balls everywhere I went to get her to nap! We took our ball on vacation with us! Thankfully it's pretty portable
post #100 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post
That is so true!
I totally fell asleep sitting up in the stylist chair last week while getting my hair highlighted. I am so used to falling asleep upright in a chair with no head support that I can do it anywhere. I guess that's a bright shining spot in this madness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › you know you have a crappy sleeper when....