or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › The New Celeb. Rehab w/ Dr. Drew
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Celeb. Rehab w/ Dr. Drew - Page 3

post #41 of 75
Did anyone notice Busey's briefcase contents? Loose change and many yellow highlighters. Yikes, but DH and I were loling...
post #42 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
Did anyone notice Busey's briefcase contents? Loose change and many yellow highlighters. Yikes, but DH and I were loling...
yea, that was sort of creepy. I would like to see more of Rodney's story.
post #43 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
I would like to see more of Rodney's story.
I would too. You can see in his eyes that there is so much to him. It's hard to figure out what it is. They seem to reveal pain with peace, if that makes any sense.
post #44 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I would too. You can see in his eyes that there is so much to him. It's hard to figure out what it is. They seem to reveal pain with peace, if that makes any sense.
I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to put into words, but he seems to have a very complex story. His drinking was SO bad from what they showed, I hope he makes it ok.
post #45 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
His drinking was SO bad from what they showed, I hope he makes it ok.
I do too. I really do. He really seems like he has a big heart and if he can take care of himself, he would be able to offer so much love, kindness and insight to others.

Or.....maybe he just has dreamy eyes that trick me into those feelings.
post #46 of 75
Thread Starter 
Do they receive compensation or is their brief bit of sobriety compensation enough? They must be getting *something* (although this kind of treatment IRL would be probably in the tens of thousands of dollars).
post #47 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
Do they receive compensation or is their brief bit of sobriety compensation enough? They must be getting *something* (although this kind of treatment IRL would be probably in the tens of thousands of dollars).
I think they must, Busey is always referring to his "contract" and what he was "hired" to do.
post #48 of 75
I just started watching, because my dh is a reality tv whore. He will watch anything with "real" people. I've loved Dr. Drew since his Loveline days with Adam Corolla. He's a great looking man, smart and so kind.
post #49 of 75
I heard a recent interview with Rodney King and he is still sober and doing well. Don't know about the other patients, but he did not receive any compensation.
post #50 of 75
Thread Starter 
anyone catch next weeks' preview? Shifty looks horrible and skinny. I think it's going to be really sad.
post #51 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
I think they must, Busey is always referring to his "contract" and what he was "hired" to do.
I'm assuming they all have contracts stating the terms of treatment and terms of video taping everything.
post #52 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
anyone catch next weeks' preview? Shifty looks horrible and skinny. I think it's going to be really sad.
Who's Shifty?
post #53 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
Who's Shifty?
He's a rapper from the first episode. Seth something.
post #54 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
He's a rapper from the first episode. Seth something.
Ah, I wasn't thinking about that one. thanks! Is he going to be on this show now?
post #55 of 75
Awww I loved Shifty in the first one and really hoped he would do well.
post #56 of 75
I am also addicted to this show. I love Dr. Drew. I think he is really hot. LOL.

I feel bad for Amber and I can't stand her mother. I know, her mother is an addict and has a whole list of issues but I still can't stand her. I think this will be really hard for Amber because I think she might have to cut her mother out of her life more than she would like to in order to stay sober.

The Stewart kid is pretty unlikable. He reminds me of a rich, spoiled jerk. Why his ex gf or whatever she is, decided to come to family day is beyond me. He cheated on her over and over. She needs to kick him to the curb.

At first I hated Gary but he has changed a lot since the beginning of the show and we got to know more about his brain injury. Now I really like him. He has grown on me.

Jeff is a drama queen. Last season I thought his annoying gf was the cause of most of his problems but now have changed my mind. He calls 911 way too much and I can't stand people abusing the 911 system. When his gf kicked him in his injured back, that was a good time to call 911. But when he calls them saying he is being held against his will, that was just stupid. I still hate his gf. They need to separate.

Tawny seems ok. I feel bad for her kids.

I really like Steve Adler. He has had the most sympathy from me. Maybe because I have been so depressed in my life that I have attempted suicide and I am just so thankful I didn't end up with a stroke. How horrible. I really hope he makes it but I am not so sure he will. He also seems like a nice guy.

I love Rodney King. I hope he makes it, too.
post #57 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post

The Stewart kid is pretty unlikable. He reminds me of a rich, spoiled jerk. Why his ex gf or whatever she is, decided to come to family day is beyond me. He cheated on her over and over. She needs to kick him to the curb.
He really is unlikable, that's for sure. I don't feel like he's being truthful or really speaking from his heart when he talks about his feelings. On the other hand, I think it's pathetic that no one from his family was able to make time to be there for him. I think that unless there's some sort of peace of mind made with his family, he'll never make it. It really ticks me off that people who have such an excess of money on hand cannot make some time for a family member that obviously is struggling, but maybe he pissed on all of them one too many times too.
post #58 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
He really is unlikable, that's for sure. I don't feel like he's being truthful or really speaking from his heart when he talks about his feelings. On the other hand, I think it's pathetic that no one from his family was able to make time to be there for him. I think that unless there's some sort of peace of mind made with his family, he'll never make it. It really ticks me off that people who have such an excess of money on hand cannot make some time for a family member that obviously is struggling, but maybe he pissed on all of them one too many times too.
Maybe if he did open up and made himself more vulnerable he would be more likable, even if he does seem like a jerk. He appears spoiled and bratish but I am sure he also has some deep trauma and issues underneath that, too. He's human like everyone else. He doesn't seem ready for rehab really. And even if he has pissed on his family many times, it doesn't matter. If he is trying to get help they should be supporting him in it, imho. Maybe that's why the ex-gf came, because she feels bad that his family couldn't or wouldn't.
post #59 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
And even if he has pissed on his family many times, it doesn't matter. If he is trying to get help they should be supporting him in it, imho. Maybe that's why the ex-gf came, because she feels bad that his family couldn't or wouldn't.
I agree, but most people do have a breaking point. I am just saying that he may have crossed lines that most people never would. It seems as though he has no filter between his brain and his behavior. I found this. That is pretty low to say something like that about your father, IMO. It seems like someone dropped the ball a looooooooong time ago on getting him help.
post #60 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I agree, but most people do have a breaking point. I am just saying that he may have crossed lines that most people never would. It seems as though he has no filter between his brain and his behavior. I found this. That is pretty low to say something like that about your father, IMO. It seems like someone dropped the ball a looooooooong time ago on getting him help.
I don't think it's that bad. He may have a point! Anyway, I think his dad has also probably failed him so I don't really judge him by that comment. Besides, we don't even know if the theory that he pissed on people too many times is true or not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › The New Celeb. Rehab w/ Dr. Drew