a. Who you are -
Hi, My name is Ashley, and I am a spendaholic *droops head* Seriously though, this is the toughest challenge in my life so far. I have been lurking for awhile, and I am finally at a point where I want to formally join the thread. I am wife to B, and SAHM to DS (3 1/2 yo) and DD (almost 2 yo). I am training to become a doula.b. Where you are going (your financial goals) and
1. Save up MORE than $200 a month (as rumors of job cuts at Hubby's work circulates)
2. Keep the thermostat between 65-68 for the whole month
3. Have 15 no spend (at all!! can I do it?
4. Combine trips to save on gas
5. No spur of the moment shopping.c. How you plan to get there
1. Don't go shopping without a list in hand.
2. Pack snacks and water for shopping/outings of any kind (with two toddlers, I often end up buying expensive single serve and unhealthy snacks just so I can finish grocery shopping)
3. stay home as much as possible
4. wear sweaters and have blankets handy to stay comfortable with temps being cooler in house
5. cook more from scratch....make my own snakcs and treats if I NEED them that day (healthier and cheaper than store ones anyway)
6. drink only water and milk (goes for hubby and kids too)
7. If kids need clothes....shop at thriftstore. Or beg In laws to buy it for them for christmas.
Refuse to buy new.
8. Figure out a way to sell my knitted stuff to make a little extra money
9. Don't go all out for Thanksgiving dinner.
10. (the most important one in my opinion) Make all christmas gifts this year....with materials we already have!
Do you think I am asking to much of myself??
Wish me luck.