or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The November Infertility ONE Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The November Infertility ONE Thread - Page 2

post #21 of 275
kjbarr- hold out! Its not over till AF is here!

dasie-good luck and a fast 2ww. I hate the 2ww the worst

gumby- sorry for af, the b&@#$%
post #22 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
DaisybWhat cd will you be on friday? I will be 12dpo friday so I think I might test... not sure yet. I would like to hold off till monday, but I don't know if I can hold off that far. I usually get AF sx about 4-5 days before she shows, so by wed or thurs I will have a better idea of what might be going on.
Good luck!!
I will be cd 29 on Friday and I won't test myself beforehand. I can't stand doing them at home anymore. It's too devastating to be told no by that darn stick. In fact, sevefal months ago I just started waiting for AF. So this month, I'll just wait for the blood test required by my doctor.

Normally I have AF symptoms a week ahead, but I don't this month which may just be a result of the drugs. I don't know. Guess I'll find out on Friday one way or the other.

Good luck to you too, Crystal-mommy!
post #23 of 275
Daisy- I'm with you on this. I am not going to POAS until AF is good and late.
Good luck to you!! I had no AF sx last cycle and then she came right on time... I blame the drugs too
post #24 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
I will be cd 29 on Friday and I won't test myself beforehand. I can't stand doing them at home anymore. It's too devastating to be told no by that darn stick. In fact, sevefal months ago I just started waiting for AF. So this month, I'll just wait for the blood test required by my doctor.

Normally I have AF symptoms a week ahead, but I don't this month which may just be a result of the drugs. I don't know. Guess I'll find out on Friday one way or the other.

Good luck to you too, Crystal-mommy!
After what happened to me this month, I think this is a great idea to wait. I POAS two days BEFORE AF was to arrive, and got a false positive. Talk about devastating!! Good luck!
post #25 of 275
ok.. you girls have talked me into waiting. I am going to try to not poas until next monday. That will be 15dpo. That will actually work out ok b/c I am off this weekend and don't want to be bummed in advance. altho I had TWO very vivid dreams that I was preg. 1st one was that I was leaking milk everywhere, and the 2nd I had taken 3 pregnancy tests in like a 5 minute period and they were all positive!! so...

I blame first response company for a lot of this nonsense!! They have a "counter" that counts down to the "test day". I am 8dpo and it says I can test right now!?! unless my baby implanted @ 5 or 6dpo there is a very very slim chance it would be + right now. That is insane!!
post #26 of 275
We are not doing our first IUI this month as the dr. didn't see any sign of ovulation. It could be that it's late (I tend to have longish cycles) but since I'm on CD 18 and there was no follicle in sight she gave me dydrogesterone to bring on AF (I take it for ten days and then AF should come soon after) and then serophene to take CD 3-7. Then I'll go in for an u/s around CD 10 and we'll go from there. If ovulation looks good I think we'll be doing an IUI.

Like others, I don't do the hpts either. I haven't done one since spring 2005 when I got a BFP (and a week later m/c).
post #27 of 275
Thread Starter 

Updated to here

Good luck to everyone who's close to testing! Hopefully this thread will have a flood of happy news over the next couple of weeks!!!

AFM, the nurse called today to let me know that DH's SA came back fine. She didn't give me exact results over the phone, but said she put them in the mail last week. We should get them in the next day or two.

I was very excited because I thought I Oed on Saturday, but today's temp was way down. I had O pains Saturday morning, and then my bbs got sore. Those are my tell-tale signs normally. My bbs are still a little sore today, so maybe I'm going to O in the next few days or maybe today's temp was a fluke. I guess I'll know more tomorrow.
post #28 of 275
Thanks LibbyLou for the new thread. I think I need to update my bio:
Please change to:
TTC for 25 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles, doing Follistim/IUI this month and then IVF.


So.. my chart looks good here at 13 dpo but polar bears could have hibernated in my stark white bfn. I had a rough day yesterday, I guess I was really hoping this would be our "fluke" cycle. Last natural one before the inject and so forth. A friend said the other day she really felt "things would work out" and I thought to myself, they already haven't worked out. Like even if someday I get pregnant, this did not "work out." I've been depressed for over a year, our marriage is strained, I feel isolated from other women my age, so on and so forth. Even IF the miracle happens (and of course I hope it does), you can't erase the emotional turmoil of not being able to have children by making love. KWIM?

Also, I was supposed to talk about POF (premature ovar. failure). Well, it's not too common. I don't know of anyone here on MDC yet who has that diag. It is when your ovaries age rapidly in you 30's causing premature menopause. It is genetic says my RE and he is worried (as am I) because I had two aunts who entered menopause around age 37, my mom did at 43 and my 38 yr old sister is not responding to high amounts of drugs with ivf. Last year we were not worried about it as I had an fsh read of 6. This # may have double during the past year though (we're not sure how accurate the day of my last test was which came back as 12.1). We're testing it again my next CD3 and I am nervous. Assuming I am falling into this same pattern, we are doing 1 follistim cycle and then moving onto ivf.
Hope that helped explain it a bit. It really quite blows.
post #29 of 275
Why in the world does Kmart carry about 15 different types of preg test?? I was shopping and the pretty boxes called my name!! I didn't buy any, just stared @ them. First response has a new one that detects 2 different types of hcg levels... anyone heard of this?? I think its first response gold. just wondering.

poet sorry about your bfn- but you aren't out till AF shows her ugly face! good luck!! your right about not being able to forget all the turmoil we have gone thru to hopefully get our babies. I am sure if/when I do get preg I am going to treat myself like a very very fragile piece of glass!! will be terrified it isn't going to stick!
post #30 of 275
Thanks for including me. I started my IVF cycle in September. My protocol is BCP, then add in Lupron, then stop BCP, add in Follistim, lower Lupron, add in low-dose Ovidrel and so on. Well, I got a few days into the lowered Lurpon, low-dose Ovidrel, and Follistim. I got very c=sick and called the pharmacy again (had caleld before first dose of Ovidrel since packaging looked different) and found out I was overdosing on the Ovidrel, basically giving myself Lupron for suppression, stims, and a trigger shot every day I was pissed. So I had to stop and wait for a period and now am starting Lupron again on Thursday.
So it has been a big mess and I am still mad at Pharmacy.
I had 4500 units of Follistim that expired in October 2008 that I had really wanted to use. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. The pharmacy is supplying me all my meds for this cycle free and reimbursing me for my time in clinic and all money paid for that failed cycle.
post #31 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophersmom View Post
Thanks for including me. I started my IVF cycle in September. My protocol is BCP, then add in Lupron, then stop BCP, add in Follistim, lower Lupron, add in low-dose Ovidrel and so on. Well, I got a few days into the lowered Lurpon, low-dose Ovidrel, and Follistim. I got very c=sick and called the pharmacy again (had caleld before first dose of Ovidrel since packaging looked different) and found out I was overdosing on the Ovidrel, basically giving myself Lupron for suppression, stims, and a trigger shot every day I was pissed. So I had to stop and wait for a period and now am starting Lupron again on Thursday.
So it has been a big mess and I am still mad at Pharmacy.
I had 4500 units of Follistim that expired in October 2008 that I had really wanted to use. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. The pharmacy is supplying me all my meds for this cycle free and reimbursing me for my time in clinic and all money paid for that failed cycle.
What a dreadful turn of events. I am so sorry that happened. It's so hard to begin with...GL this time around.
post #32 of 275
Poetgirl-- I hope your CD3 comes out alright. I am hoping you have a few more years left. This is so heartbreaking to hear. I think you are moving in the right direction. You are being proactive about all of this and you will finally get your BFP. It has to happen for you. I am wishing you the best for your journey of IVF. I will be stalking you.


AFM: I am nervous to know my cd3(fsh) results. I never had it done before. I want to know, but not really want to know if I had a choice in the matter. I am 38, and my RE is little concerned about it. I think I am on the brink of pre-menopause. Its scary to even know that this is happening. If my cycles are pretty much normal, 27-32 days and all of them ovulatory(that i know of) then what are my chances of conceiving a baby via old school way and assisted. At this point I will do anything for a babe. DH wants to do IVF NOW. He is so aggravated right now. Its been stressful for both of us. Sorry for the rambling.....
post #33 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophersmom View Post
Thanks for including me. I started my IVF cycle in September. My protocol is BCP, then add in Lupron, then stop BCP, add in Follistim, lower Lupron, add in low-dose Ovidrel and so on. Well, I got a few days into the lowered Lurpon, low-dose Ovidrel, and Follistim. I got very c=sick and called the pharmacy again (had caleld before first dose of Ovidrel since packaging looked different) and found out I was overdosing on the Ovidrel, basically giving myself Lupron for suppression, stims, and a trigger shot every day I was pissed. So I had to stop and wait for a period and now am starting Lupron again on Thursday.
So it has been a big mess and I am still mad at Pharmacy.
I had 4500 units of Follistim that expired in October 2008 that I had really wanted to use. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. The pharmacy is supplying me all my meds for this cycle free and reimbursing me for my time in clinic and all money paid for that failed cycle.
WOW, sorry all of this happened. This is horrible when this is not fun in the first place. Did the pharmacy label the wrong drug. Yikes they should have been little more careful in these types of drugs.
post #34 of 275
Okay... update. AF hasn't arrived, and now I really hope it won't show up at all. I went for my bloodwork today (as it is 2 weeks past IUI), and had a beta test. It was positive. My number is 91. I go for my 2nd beta test on Wednesday. I'm shocked. And a little hesitant to get excited. I wanna wait for the second test.
post #35 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophersmom View Post
Thanks for including me. I started my IVF cycle in September. My protocol is BCP, then add in Lupron, then stop BCP, add in Follistim, lower Lupron, add in low-dose Ovidrel and so on. Well, I got a few days into the lowered Lurpon, low-dose Ovidrel, and Follistim. I got very c=sick and called the pharmacy again (had caleld before first dose of Ovidrel since packaging looked different) and found out I was overdosing on the Ovidrel, basically giving myself Lupron for suppression, stims, and a trigger shot every day I was pissed. So I had to stop and wait for a period and now am starting Lupron again on Thursday.
So it has been a big mess and I am still mad at Pharmacy.
I had 4500 units of Follistim that expired in October 2008 that I had really wanted to use. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. The pharmacy is supplying me all my meds for this cycle free and reimbursing me for my time in clinic and all money paid for that failed cycle.

That does suck. At least they took responsibility for their actions. I have follistim from TTC DS that expired two years ago and I still don't have the heart to throw it out. Eventhough, I know I will never use it.

kjbarr: I understand wanting to wait,but....congratulations!
post #36 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
Poetgirl-- I hope your CD3 comes out alright. I am hoping you have a few more years left. This is so heartbreaking to hear. I think you are moving in the right direction. You are being proactive about all of this and you will finally get your BFP. It has to happen for you. I am wishing you the best for your journey of IVF. I will be stalking you.


AFM: I am nervous to know my cd3(fsh) results. I never had it done before. I want to know, but not really want to know if I had a choice in the matter. I am 38, and my RE is little concerned about it. I think I am on the brink of pre-menopause. Its scary to even know that this is happening. If my cycles are pretty much normal, 27-32 days and all of them ovulatory(that i know of) then what are my chances of conceiving a baby via old school way and assisted. At this point I will do anything for a babe. DH wants to do IVF NOW. He is so aggravated right now. Its been stressful for both of us. Sorry for the rambling.....
Thanks Wtng4. I am sorry your doc is pressing the worried button. For most women, it's not much to worry about. I see women over 35 get pregnant all the time, here and in RL. I completely understand your fear though and I will be hoping for a nice fsh # to help you go forward with.

KJBARR~To be honest, I didn't want to say anything but when I read your prog. results on the IUI thread, I thought 'that cat is pregnant!' :
So glad to hear that it's true. All the best for rising beta #s!!
post #37 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbarr1174 View Post
Okay... update. AF hasn't arrived, and now I really hope it won't show up at all. I went for my bloodwork today (as it is 2 weeks past IUI), and had a beta test. It was positive. My number is 91. I go for my 2nd beta test on Wednesday. I'm shocked. And a little hesitant to get excited. I wanna wait for the second test.
Yay! Cautiously yelling YAY for you!!
post #38 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbarr1174 View Post
Okay... update. AF hasn't arrived, and now I really hope it won't show up at all. I went for my bloodwork today (as it is 2 weeks past IUI), and had a beta test. It was positive. My number is 91. I go for my 2nd beta test on Wednesday. I'm shocked. And a little hesitant to get excited. I wanna wait for the second test.
Yay! We're in the exact same place. I have been repeating "I am pregnant" to myself... it's an adjustment, and not as joyful as I'd hoped. Maybe when it's a bit more secure I can enjoy it more... right now I'm convinced every little twinge is THE END. My second beta is tomorrow as well...
post #39 of 275
Ok ladies, fingers crossed for positive betas all around this week!
post #40 of 275
Thread Starter 

Updated to here

Temp went back up today! One more high temp, and I'll be convinced that I ovulated when I think I did. I added a B Complex this cycle to try to lengthen my LP because I started spotting at 9dpo the last two cycles. Fertility Friend thinks I should test at 11dpo based on that, but I plan on holding out a lot longer.

Songbird and kjbarr, I can't wait to hear your latest beta numbers on Wednesday!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The November Infertility ONE Thread