or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Indiana, Ohio, Michigan › Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks - Page 3

post #41 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
Well I have some great news, I'm so excited to announce our family of 5 will be more than 5 in August, I found out I was preggers with my youngest when on DD 1st birthday and now my youngest will be 1 in 15 days so the same timing they will be 19 months apart as well I'm so excited, we bought a van just in time!
Betsy, I didn't even know you were ttc........ I'm kinda jealous as I am having baby fever again, but am very happy for you DH says we cannot start trying until spring or summer I still have though, a 3 year old that is in NO hurry to give up nursing and my 1 yr is going strong as well and still no AF...Didn't get AF back until 18 month pp with DD1.. so we'll see. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and hope to get to see you and the kids soon
post #42 of 566
Yeah Betsy!!!!
post #43 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrc View Post
Betsy, I didn't even know you were ttc........ I'm kinda jealous as I am having baby fever again, but am very happy for you DH says we cannot start trying until spring or summer I still have though, a 3 year old that is in NO hurry to give up nursing and my 1 yr is going strong as well and still no AF...Didn't get AF back until 18 month pp with DD1.. so we'll see. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and hope to get to see you and the kids soon

We started ttcing 3 months ago when Aunt flo first arrived we want a few more kids , we decided rather late in our lives that we want to have a housefull of them so we are trying to have a few more before we are to old be be making a big family. I would love to see you again what ever happened with that playdate with Elissa?
post #44 of 566
Congratulations! How exciting Betsy!
post #45 of 566
I have exciting news too! Not a new life to bring into the world, but I am now a business owner! We opened a new chiropractic office, I own it and Matt does the healing! We are located inside of the Rossford Area Meijer Store!
post #46 of 566
Oh, 13 ABC is coming out to interview me at 3:00 today! Should air at 5 or 6 I think
post #47 of 566
Hey...a bit off subject, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of changes in the vac. waiver rule in Lucas County/ day care licensing. I was told by my son's preschool that the laws were changing and they were told by state licensing that waivers would no longer be accepted and that the responsibility would fall onto the centers to monitor childrens vaccines and that if the children were not "on schedule" they would be sent home until the required vaccines were given. I called state licensing today and was told first that there were only religious waivers and medical waivers because the language in the law was so broad, it left it up to the individual agencies to interpret. When I asked what format they wanted the medica waiver in, I was told it had to be signed by the church. I asked the woman if you had to have evidence of your faith and she read me the statement that said there had to be a signed statement from either the parent of a form from the church, so, after clarifing exactly what the statement was, she agreed that all he needed was a signed statement from a parent stating we do not vax for religious reasons, she then said it had to be a real religious reason, when I asked her what exactly a real reason was, she told me, of course they were not going to question my faith. At that point, we just ended the conversation. So, has anyone heard of this or had a problem like this recently?
post #48 of 566
Also, anyone have an idea what this statement should say? Is there a format to follow?
post #49 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
We started ttcing 3 months ago when Aunt flo first arrived we want a few more kids , we decided rather late in our lives that we want to have a housefull of them so we are trying to have a few more before we are to old be be making a big family. I would love to see you again what ever happened with that playdate with Elissa?
Were thinking maybe January might be better as December is such a crazy/hectic month. I am starting to plan M's 1st b-day party....can you believe it's been a year!!
I would LOVE a big family too but my poor body won't take many more pregnancies/c-sections.. we or I should say Doc thinks this probably should be the last
Elissa or I will keep in touch on a playdate.
post #50 of 566
Thread Starter 
havent heard anything new on the vaccine thing btu man what a pain!

Congrats Julie

Susan keep me updated on a play date- on January 27 I have a preschool field trip set up at the zoo, a pupper show and story time and they get to pet and meet new animals we would love you to go let me know if you re intersted I only have a few spots left open
post #51 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothercat View Post
BTW: my family would like to thank Holly and Stephanie for the bread. The pumpkin bread was a huge hit (recipe please for both) and I trying to share the cinnamon bread but I really feel like being selfish because it's so darn good.:

It was nice to see everyone again.
Linda
Glad you liked the bread Linda, its one of our favorites too! I'll be pm'ing you the recipe soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
Well I have some great news, I'm so excited to announce our family of 5 will be more than 5 in August, I found out I was preggers with my youngest when on DD 1st birthday and now my youngest will be 1 in 15 days so the same timing they will be 19 months apart as well I'm so excited, we bought a van just in time!
Big congrats Betsy! How exciting!! August babies are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
I have exciting news too! Not a new life to bring into the world, but I am now a business owner! We opened a new chiropractic office, I own it and Matt does the healing! We are located inside of the Rossford Area Meijer Store!
Congrats Julie, I'll have to stop by the next time I'm there!
post #52 of 566
I saw a LaniePie sling at Once Upon a Child today! I decided it was a sign to stop by and say hi!

Betsy, congrats! That is so great! I admire you and the others who juggle several kids. I don't know if I'm cut out for more than my two. (Ask me when Asher hits 18 months, though... this teething/not sleeping phase is pretty rough...)

Julie, I'm planning on stopping by Meijer tomorrow. I'll have to walk past and see how things are going.

Hi everyone else!

We're moving next week! I'm taking a break from packing to get on and say hi. No bites on our house yet... one family came through and we can't even get a hold of their realtor for a follow-up. Boo. I'm kind of hoping, though, that we don't have another showing until after next week. That way I can just leave all the boxes where they are until the movers come!

I have had virtually no luck with posting on this board about Cincinnati. I hope there are a few natural mamas there... Is anyone familiar with the city? Anyone move from there before? I'll be looking for doctors/dentists/etc in another two weeks. Yikes. We're moving to Loveland, technically, but it's closer to Remington/Montgomery. I'm really looking forward to it! (Just the after next week part, though... this next week is going to be killer.)
post #53 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymommy3 View Post
Hey...a bit off subject, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of changes in the vac. waiver rule in Lucas County/ day care licensing. I was told by my son's preschool that the laws were changing and they were told by state licensing that waivers would no longer be accepted and that the responsibility would fall onto the centers to monitor childrens vaccines and that if the children were not "on schedule" they would be sent home until the required vaccines were given. I called state licensing today and was told first that there were only religious waivers and medical waivers because the language in the law was so broad, it left it up to the individual agencies to interpret. When I asked what format they wanted the medica waiver in, I was told it had to be signed by the church. I asked the woman if you had to have evidence of your faith and she read me the statement that said there had to be a signed statement from either the parent of a form from the church, so, after clarifing exactly what the statement was, she agreed that all he needed was a signed statement from a parent stating we do not vax for religious reasons, she then said it had to be a real religious reason, when I asked her what exactly a real reason was, she told me, of course they were not going to question my faith. At that point, we just ended the conversation. So, has anyone heard of this or had a problem like this recently?

Here is a site about OH exemptions: http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/ohio.htm

There are some very legally worded religios exemptions on this site you can use, but I'm pretty sure you can just say, "We decline vax due to religious convictions to the contrary." We cover ourselves with both cultural/philosophical and religious. On most, if not all, vaccines there is a warning that death can (rarely) occur. For a religious exemption you can say that your religion denounces murder and to give your child something that could potentially cause death violates that religious freedom. I'm pretty sure that all religions think that murder is bad.

Seems odd to me that OH does allow for cultural/philosophical expemptions but the law for daycare/preschool says it has to be religious or medical.
post #54 of 566
I think they are giving you a line of bull because they do not want to take non-vaxers. Sage went to pre-school through Help-Me-Grow, through Wood County and the Wood County Health department and I was not given a lick of trouble about our exemption. I have copies of our exemption form that we used (and from what the Wood County Health Department told me they are now using as there standard exemption form) that I have in our new office for parents.

Also Did you know that if it comes right down to it, a doctor can write a medical exemption for your child as long as YOU tell the doctor that you child has a history of a bad reaction to a vaccine or that you did (I think) or an older sibling. Like a prolonged high fever or a bad rash or some other "reaction" that YOU tell the doctor occured?
post #55 of 566
Um , did I tell you ladies that as a DC, Matt's scope of practice in Ohio is the same as an Family Practice MD with the exception of prescribing meds or actual treatment of infectious disease? We offer full family care in our office, including school physicals and forms
post #56 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Um , did I tell you ladies that as a DC, Matt's scope of practice in Ohio is the same as an Family Practice MD with the exception of prescribing meds or actual treatment of infectious disease? We offer full family care in our office, including school physicals and forms
That's great to know!

Betsy and Susan, I thought that we could get together after the first of the year after things settle down.
post #57 of 566

Allergist suggestions

Hi ladies,

Well, I discovered yesterday that Holden is allergic to peanuts. I gave him his first PB sandwich yesterday. All he did was give it its first "test" lick and within a minute he was crying and rubbing his eyes. I thought he was just being fussy and not wanting to eat (like usual) but soon realized his eyes and face were all red and swollen with little welts, poor baby . He looked miserable and I felt horrible. I called our ped's office and let them know. They have referred us to an allergist. They gave me a couple names but I wanted to check on here to see what experiences any of you have had with allergists in the area...any recommendations or bad experiences?
I have no experience with food allergies...what am I in for?

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!
tiffani
post #58 of 566
Hey Tiffani, another teacher at school has a son with a peanut allergy, I will talk to her for you. I know she has been really really proactive right now trying to get proceedures in place for school for him next year. she has been talking to everyone and everybody about how to successfully handle a kid with a peanut allergy
post #59 of 566
Another nuts allergy here. I had DS2 tested out by a hosital close to Oregon:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-15508995...z=Oregon%2C+OH

We only saw him once and he was nice enough. Only went there once bc we had insurance at the time and I could not get out to see my Mom's practice in Illinois.

The only thing I did not like was he did not quite understand what my Mom's practice let us do (I selected exactly what I wanted DS1 tested for). This guy seems like he has his standard tests and just wants to stick to that so I had to have DS2 tested for things I already knew he was not allergic too (corn, wheat).

Have fun reading ALL labels now!!
post #60 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post


Susan keep me updated on a play date- on January 27 I have a preschool field trip set up at the zoo, a pupper show and story time and they get to pet and meet new animals we would love you to go let me know if you re intersted I only have a few spots left open
January 27th......That sounds really : As long as we are all well and not sick I'm up for it. I do not have a 2009 calendar.. What day is that on?


Julie~ Congrats on the business that is awsome!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Indiana, Ohio, Michigan
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Indiana, Ohio, Michigan › Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks