or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Sept. 07 Mama's - November!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sept. 07 Mama's - November! - Page 14

post #261 of 280
Thread Starter 
You're so sweet, Michelle

I am thankful for this group as well, you're all the best ladies I know!

I hope everyone had a great day!
post #262 of 280
I hope I have enough energy for more of an update soon but we have come and gone and are now wondering when the kids will go to bed as they slept for two hours in the car. I know I am tired. :yawning:

this is how tired I am. I came on to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving and say how grateful I am for women in my ddc that understand where I am and where I am coming from even when I am not sure where I am headed. Got that?
post #263 of 280
Jeanine, you are cracking me up! : I wish our thrift store had free kids cloths.

Chaya just got over an ear infection - I gave her her first dose of antibiotics. Our ped, whom I love, does not hand out prescriptions like candy and prefers to keep things natural, recommended the atbx so we did. I gave her probiotics during the course, took them as well, and am continuing to do so. ANyhoo - she had an ear infection, has a cold, and is getting molars. : I went to Walmart : to fill the Rx and bought her a ride-on plastic thingy from FP or something as a consolation gift because she goes crazy for those things at playdates. It wasn't too expensive - but the next day we were at the kids consignment shop and they had THE SAME ONE for $5. Grr.

THanksgiving was wonderful.... aside from DHs best friend's political views at the dinner table. I hope not to offend anyone here but he is so extremely anti-gay it's almost comical. And one of my best friends was here with her live in girlfriend. I dunno if he just didn't get who was in the audience or what, but he basically said that CA prop 8 didn't pass because Gay people have "gone too far" and "asked for too many rights"

Seriously? Is this 1950??? And no, he did not vote for Change.

We are in CA and don't go back to WI till Dec 2! It's 25F and snowing there and 65F here in CA. I'm going to be ::

Tomorrow Dh and I are going on a DATE! We're seeing a movie!!

Jeanine: I still don't have AF but I just ordered a diva cup because I'm hoping I'll get it some time soon. We want to TTC but the whole lactation induced ammenhorea (sp) is putting a kink in the plans.


Which is currently the *only* kinky thing about my life.



okay. Now I just need to go to bed.


love ya, ladies! So thankful for you all and for this board.
post #264 of 280
faliciagayle, you are cracking me up. You are sure to get pregnant now. I ordered a diva cup and two set of sponges over the years that I have never gotten to use. This is about the age (of the baby) I order them at, then I get pregnant, repeat. It works!

I ran the Drumstick Dash here and didn't make my goal time but will try again next month. It was a 4.5 mile race and I did it in 40:33. I was hoping to beat 39 minutes.

We are home from my parents which went well enough and bil is visiting. I must go shower and make breakfast before the kids are up.
post #265 of 280
quick hi to all you lovely mamas.

Congratulations to Kaija and gramma Wendi (be easy on yourself!)

Yann is walking and talking He says: stinky, boire - french word for drink, the names of his siblings, mama, tata -for papa, doggy, woofwoof, dirty (when I open the dishwasher. He then either climbs into it and starts removing the dishes, or he simply shuts the door, then goes and pulls all the pots and pans out of the cabinets.) He is climbing everything in sight and is the silliest little baby boy I have ever known. He loves to remove his diapers - thankfully he is learning to go in the potty, if I take him there. Sometimes he tells me he needs to go.
Still nursing a lot, not sleeping through the night. Has 7 teeth.

Still no pp AF although I feel it may be coming soon. Baby lust has kicked in, and even the kids are asking when we will make baby #5. Of course dh doesn't want another and even if he did we would actually have to have sex every once in a while to achieve that... oh well.

Miss you all. Still hoping for internet at home. Maybe for christmas???
post #266 of 280
I hardly ever get time to drop in and update, but I have a few minutes now so here I go...

Sean is 15 months and is just a joy : He says a few words (mama, dada, dog, that...) and can point to most body parts when asked. He loves books and loves going to the zoo. He has so much charm.

I have an appt. scheduled in January to have my tubes tied because 3 kids (4 including DH's DD from a previous marriage) is enough for me! but, lo and behold... I'm pregnant! Talk about shock. I'm excited (but cautious considering my history of miscarriages) but poor DH is taking it hard. But I know he'll come around and everything will be fine.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Hard to believe the holidays are upon us... Take care!
post #267 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post
I hardly ever get time to drop in and update, but I have a few minutes now so here I go...

Sean is 15 months and is just a joy : He says a few words (mama, dada, dog, that...) and can point to most body parts when asked. He loves books and loves going to the zoo. He has so much charm.

I have an appt. scheduled in January to have my tubes tied because 3 kids (4 including DH's DD from a previous marriage) is enough for me! but, lo and behold... I'm pregnant! Talk about shock. I'm excited (but cautious considering my history of miscarriages) but poor DH is taking it hard. But I know he'll come around and everything will be fine.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Hard to believe the holidays are upon us... Take care!
Congratulations, Erica!
post #268 of 280
Congrats Erica!!


family photos - mil wants one for Christmas. I think ds1 is at too awkward an age to preserve it on film but as he won't outgrow it for another 20 years we decided to give it a try. BIL was the photographer and we took over 80 shots. I am not happy with any of them. Feel free to look around if snapfish will let you.

my family

dh and me

When we got married we had the same hair color and mine darkens with each pregnancy.
post #269 of 280
Congrats Erica!!!


Hello Plaid
post #270 of 280
Hello?

More than 24 hours w/o anything?

I hope everyone is happy and healthy, contentedly enjoying hearth and home.

post #271 of 280
Plaid, join us anyway you can.

I have a WWYD for everyone. We have had the crib set up this whole time but never used it for Linus. I think the window of use is closed and that we should take it down. It is so big and empty except for laundry and other things I am hiding under blankets. On the other hand taking it down means (to me) he will never really nap independently. Currently he nurses or walks in the stroller or in a carrier. I cannot transition him from me to the bed but I can to the stroller. I know people use them for 3 years or so if possible but I am thinking that if he isn't in it by 15 months he won't ever take to it, YKWIM? So, who has a crib set up, who uses it for the baby, who would take it down, who would leave it alone as is, or other, please explain.
post #272 of 280
I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and then one of our kitties passed away very suddenly that evening. It's been very difficult trying to stay cheerful, even when I put up the Christmas tree. Everything reminds me of him and the other three cats are kind of subdued and confused without him, which just makes it worse.

That's the big news of our weekend.
post #273 of 280
Oh ishy, I am so sorry. I hate when big bad things occur on holidays, anniversaries, and the like.
post #274 of 280
To keep up with the serial posting...

All weekend this thread has bombed my computer out. Not mdc, not firefox, not going on-line, not the toddler forum, not any other thread, just this one. What gives?
post #275 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Plaid, join us anyway you can.

I have a WWYD for everyone. We have had the crib set up this whole time but never used it for Linus. I think the window of use is closed and that we should take it down. It is so big and empty except for laundry and other things I am hiding under blankets. On the other hand taking it down means (to me) he will never really nap independently. Currently he nurses or walks in the stroller or in a carrier. I cannot transition him from me to the bed but I can to the stroller. I know people use them for 3 years or so if possible but I am thinking that if he isn't in it by 15 months he won't ever take to it, YKWIM? So, who has a crib set up, who uses it for the baby, who would take it down, who would leave it alone as is, or other, please explain.
I bet if you take it down you'll get pregnant again :

Seriously though, if you don't think he'll transition to it I would probably take it down. I don't have a crib set up currently, but if I did leaving it up without using it would just mean taking up more space.
post #276 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishyfishie View Post
I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and then one of our kitties passed away very suddenly that evening. It's been very difficult trying to stay cheerful, even when I put up the Christmas tree. Everything reminds me of him and the other three cats are kind of subdued and confused without him, which just makes it worse.

That's the big news of our weekend.
I'm so sorry Ishy
post #277 of 280
Thread Starter 
I think Liam has gone through a major growth spurt again. The 18-24 month Kate Quinn pants I just bought him that were fitting a little long are now 3 inches too short. He seems a bit heavier as well but I haven't weighed him in a while. He has been Mr. Attitude lately and loves causing trouble, he is now able to reach everything on the kitchen counter so I'm having to be creative about hiding things. His words have exploded also, he is currently saying: Mama, dad, cook, cookie, cracker, hot, apple, banana, good, yum yum, mine, up, look, night night, what's that, and a bunch of others.

We will find out this week exactly when Andrew is set to leave (hopefully). My heart feels broken when I think about him missing out on this birth and meeting this baby, he is so downhearted about it and I know he is feeling really disappointed. I am just keeping my fingers crossed and praying for good news.
post #278 of 280
Yikes! I finally read through everything (at least mostly).

My MIL is still here so computer time has been at a minimum. I did finally set up my own computer again, but getting it tweaked back to how I like it will be hard! It still seems strange and foreign, and I keep realizing just how much I've lost on the old hard drive.

ishy, so sorry about your kitty! I dreamed my cat was back the other night, and was pretty miffed when DH woke me from that dream. I still miss her, and she's been gone for 6 years now. I hope you're able to grieve and still enjoy the holidays.

Erica, congrats! I hope all goes well!!

Katie, keep us posted on what you find out.

Wendi, . Hope things find a "normal" there.

Judah started signing "eat" today at lunch. He's understood it forever, it seems, but hadn't said it. He sat down at lunch at our regular Sunday restaurant and started signing it. I was practically screeching at DH, "look! Look! He's signing it!" It's such a sweet thing, too! More words, more signs... He's growing so fast!

He is NOT, however, sleeping well. We finally have two bottom molars and I'm worried about what else may be coming in now. He's been waking up crying nearly on the hour, it seems. (Due any minute now, I think.) The other day he was fussy ALL. DAY. But the next day was a lot better. Of course having my MIL here doesn't help too much. Stress levels are up and there's a stranger (to him) in the house. But I think he's adjusted better now and is back to being a sweet, happy guy most of the time.

After Thanksgiving he got really awful diaper rash - clearly from whatever's in his stools. Awful. He has what look like two blisters left now, and the rest is healed. But I'm sure he's allergic to something. In those few days he had eggs, dairy, and who knows what else. He tried pickles for the first time, had a banana to bind it all up, etc. DH keeps saying we need to stop ALL solids with him, but that's not really possible right now! He wants to EAT! So I'm not sure what to do, as it's not acute allergies, but he's very much disturbed by SOMETHING.

We're heading to NASA tomorrow and hopefully will enjoy a day out. We've spent two full days doing nothing but sitting around the house with MIL. Sunday we were out most of the day and it was better. But after Friday and Saturday, I had to get out - so we went looking at Christmas lights and broke out the Christmas music. I haven't been to NASA in probably 15 years so it should be fun!

Yep, I'm rambling... tired, and too much going on. Take care, mamas!
post #279 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
I bet if you take it down you'll get pregnant again :

Seriously though, if you don't think he'll transition to it I would probably take it down. I don't have a crib set up currently, but if I did leaving it up without using it would just mean taking up more space.
Katie, you had better duck for cover saying such things!! Now I have to leave it up a bit longer as I am not ready to grow this family again.

Heather, I hope Judah is doing much better today and you enjoy NASA.

to all you lovely Mommas. Enjoy this holiday season. The toddlers are so easily fascinating and fascinated.
post #280 of 280
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Sept. 07 Mama's - November!