Hi ladies, I’m new to this area of MDC and want to join the kitchen clean up. It’s actually a coincidence that I found this thread and so glad I did. Our kitchen is really really bad. I’m embarrassed to admit all this but I feel like once it’s out and I join this thread and move forward with organized cleanliness.
Here are our issues:
1. DH and I bought locks for the cabinets about 5 months ago. To date, he has installed 1 set to keep DS out of the dangerous dish soap, cleaning supplies, etc. The other cabinets are all unlocked and our pots, pans, Tupperware, etc NEVER stays in the cabinets. It is all over the kitchen/dining area.
2. We just don’t have a good place for our garbage can so the bags are currently on the counter and we collect our garbage there. I hate this. DH doesn’t care. I really need some ideas for where to put the garbage can so that we use it and garbage isn’t sitting on the counter.
3. DS is so messy when he eats. It does not get picked up every night. DH and I are working on this because we made an agreement that if I clean up my mess while cooking, he will clean up DS’s area while I do bath time.
4. We have general tidy up issues. It’s embarrassing so I will stop there.
5. We have a little Bar courter top between the kitchen and dining room. This area is a magnet for junk. Anything that doesn’t really have a place to go but we don’t want to throw out goes on the counter.
6. Our drawers are pretty organized other than the utensil drawer. We shove everything in their from pizza cutter, spatula, ladle, etc. I want to organize that drawer.
7. We have a huge pantry area (like 6’x6’) and it’s a complete disaster. It turned into a storage for all our crap area. I need to organize this and I think we will need to buy some shelves to get this under control.
8. All our walls are so blank. I want to hang up a picture that has been in the pantry for over a year.
Wow. Ok that’s a lot to tackle in 2 weeks. I will see if I can post before pictures later after DS is sleeping.
So can I join in? Please don't judge me too bad once you see the pics