Stop arguing with her; ask your dh to stop arguing with her. Say "I know you love ds and are concerned for him, but you have to trust that WE are making the best decision for the health of OUR child."
Just because you are not good at debating does not mean that you are ignorant and are making a bad decision. For an even handed treatment of the issue I recommend "Vaccinations, A Thoughfull Parents Guide"
by Aviva Romm. For keeping your dcn healthy and to treat VPDs: "Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health
" by Aviva Romm and "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
" by pediatrician Dr. Mendelsohn.
This site is great Inside Vaccines.
And you may find this video helpful:Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD,
By Dr. Sherri J. TENPENNYhttp://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits
Answer these for yourself:
1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Many vaccines are not meant to prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.
Here are some sources to help you out:Inside Vaccineshttp://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html
(download the current issue)http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...k-chapters.htmhttp://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/PackageInserts.pdfhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40451107552&q=http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87981735&hl=enhttp://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...ses&deaths.pdf